Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Been listening to calgary talk shows this week... theres presure starting to move one of their offensive dmen for a defensive dman

If we like kevan miller as a top 4 guy would we move carlo for brodie?

If they took belesky too for stajan... would that make it better for us?

Brodie is 27 and signed 2 more seasons at 4.65
Stajan is an ufa after this season signed at 3.13

It might be difficult to make this work with the cap but im kind of wondering if boston fans think brodie is worth it

Not a chance would I move Carlo for Brodie.

Brodie hasn't been all that good this year (and he really hasn't looked great since he lost his spot alongside Giordano playing on his off-side).

Not to mention the big age difference and loss of control over Brodie in two years.

Big time pass.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Been listening to calgary talk shows this week... theres presure starting to move one of their offensive dmen for a defensive dman

If we like kevan miller as a top 4 guy would we move carlo for brodie?

If they took belesky too for stajan... would that make it better for us?

Brodie is 27 and signed 2 more seasons at 4.65
Stajan is an ufa after this season signed at 3.13

It might be difficult to make this work with the cap but im kind of wondering if boston fans think brodie is worth it

Carlo for Brodie??? Hellllll no

Reactions: BruinLVGA

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I really don't believe that Sweeney will trade Carlo anytime soon.
Any offer for Carlo would have to significantly improve Boston immediately and in the future while maintaining cost control for Sweeney to even consider it.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
No its not settled just my opinion, doesn't mean its right or wrong were all entitled to an opinon

Now your opinion that a player can't be among the best in the world because he's on a crappy team?:laugh:

That's not my opinion, I don't really have an strong opinion of OEL, if I'm being prompted here, I'd say he's a great top pairing guy but I can't honestly say he's top 5 or 10, and in my view few on here can. That was my point

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
So people complain about Krug's defense but pine after a defenseman in OEL who has a career plus/minus of -62?

I believe if we trade for a defenseman we should target a good left side D with upside who could succeed Chara in the future. Chara isn't going to be around forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Battleford Bruin

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Apart from the Pens-Rangers game, probably scouting Cole, there's a lot of Dallas on that trip. Sorry guys, no Arizona.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
So people complain about Krug's defense but pine after a defenseman in OEL who has a career plus/minus of -62?

I believe if we trade for a defenseman we should target a good left side D with upside who could succeed Chara in the future. Chara isn't going to be around forever.

Just curious. Why must it be a left-side defenceman to succeed Chara? Why not simply a defenceman? Chara has always been tasked with elevating the play of his partner. He’s never had a RH Chara as his partner.

EdwardSharpe

Apr 26, 2017
If you take a look at the GF/GA stats you can see that Bruins are 29th of 31 in goals for with 69 goals. On the other hand have they only allowed 73 goals which ranks them as 5th in the leauge. The question is if there is a need to trade for a goal scorer (hard to do with the cap/contracts and you don't want to give up something on the good defence) or is it the injuries that has hampered the offence? I tend to lend at the later, just wait for the right trade an try to motivate the rookies and core players to produce more offense.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Hmmmm... I can DEFINITELY think of a lot worse than him.

Not that still get the insane amount of love he does from several posters who see him as a lost superstar who was railroaded by Claude. Maybe koko the great can still come and become the new Gretzky and save the Bruins.

Small, whiny AHL level talent who "was never given a shot" because he didn't deserve more than the one he got. Deal him to anybody dumb enough to take him. I assume Dealer Donnie tried to move him before he took his puck and went home to Russia so dealing him for even a low round pick may not be possible, but he deserve another shot here because....well because

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Not that still get the insane amount of love he does from several posters who see him as a lost superstar who was railroaded by Claude. Maybe koko the great can still come and become the new Gretzky and save the Bruins.

Small, whiny AHL level talent who "was never given a shot" because he didn't deserve more than the one he got. Deal him to anybody dumb enough to take him. I assume Dealer Donnie tried to move him before he took his puck and went home to Russia so dealing him for even a low round pick may not be possible, but he deserve another shot here because....well because

You don't know KoKo so please just stop.

Sorry I cant help myself!

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
If you take a look at the GF/GA stats you can see that Bruins are 29th of 31 in goals for with 69 goals. On the other hand have they only allowed 73 goals which ranks them as 5th in the leauge. The question is if there is a need to trade for a goal scorer (hard to do with the cap/contracts and you don't want to give up something on the good defence) or is it the injuries that has hampered the offence? I tend to lend at the later, just wait for the right trade an try to motivate the rookies and core players to produce more offense.

I think that might have something to do with all of the injuries they have had this year. If you look at their goals per game average they jump up from 29th to 26th with the next 10 teams just a percentage point or two ahead of them. One good game and they could jump to 16th. If they score 7 in their next game they would move up to 11th in goals scored per game. That is how close teams are. I would say it is pretty safe to say that they scored a few less goals because of all the injuries they have had.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
You don't know KoKo so please just stop.

Sorry I cant help myself!

Ok I'll base it purely on talent, he isn't an NHL player. If he was some other team would have made a move for him when he was on his way back to Russia. Take away my feelings regarding how a player should react to playing in the minors and respecting the game, he did not have the talent to play in the NHL. Period.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Apart from the Pens-Rangers game, probably scouting Cole, there's a lot of Dallas on that trip. Sorry guys, no Arizona.

Anyone want to take a guess as to who they might have been looking at?

Penguins - Cole?
Rangers -
Vegas - Theodore or Merrill?
Denver - Soderberg w/some $$ retained?
Chicago -
Philly - Simmonds? Lehtera?
Washington - Carlson?

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I don't trust Don Sweeney to make any trade or free agent signing at the NHL level.
I don't either to be honest. Maybe he no longer trusts himself either seeing as he signed nobody last summer nor has he made a trade in a very long time. It's almost as if we're GM-less. Come to think of it, when was his last public appearance?

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I don't either to be honest. Maybe he no longer trusts himself either seeing as he signed nobody last summer nor has he made a trade in a very long time. It's almost as if we're GM-less. Come to think of it, when was his last public appearance?
Why do people think he needs to make public appearances? Who really cares. Most GMs say nothing anyway.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Anyone want to take a guess as to who they might have been looking at?

Penguins - Cole?
Rangers -
Vegas - Theodore or Merrill?
Denver - Soderberg w/some $$ retained?
Chicago -
Philly - Simmonds? Lehtera?
Washington - Carlson?

He left out who those teams were playing...any like opponents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad