Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Khokhlachev Vows to be Opportunistic in First Recall of the Season

“I think [Khokhlachev] is a good playmaker,” Julien said on Tuesday. “He’s a smart, heady player, and he’s leading the league right now in the American League, so certainly deserves an opportunity to come up here and help us out. And he has been playing the wing for the most part in Providence this year, so he’ll get a chance to do that with us as well.”

“I think he’s a smart player,” Julien said, “and he looks at our team up the middle, and he wants to play here. He wants to play in the NHL, so he was willingly asked if he could play the wing. We know if he does that, he’s a versatile player — can still play center — and the more you can get out of those guys, the better it is. I think he’s caught onto that as well.”

“Everybody wants to play in the NHL,” Khokhlachev said. “If you play in Providence and play good, [you] just wait for your chance. Right now will be my chance. I just need to play good and show what I can do.”

Played 29 whole minutes on that call up. 2 games. Down again. Real chance

That's almost 15 minutes a night, that is more than enough time to show if you should be up. the little whiner never showed me a thing in his time in Boston and the few Providence games I saw with him their I wasn't overly impressed either.

Most overrated failure of a pick in Bruins history, still has his followers who think he can play in the NHL. I hope he does come back to North America, Dealer Donnie manages to get anything for him and we can all watch him whiter and collapse in some other city and then see the act again when he is sent down and later runs home to daddy in Russia.

The faster he is out of the Bruins organization the better.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Of course there's room for both. If you go with 3 pairs, one puck mover and one conventional/physical D, you could have:
Chara McAvoy
Krug McQuaid
Gryz Miller

With Carlo pushing out one of those established physical D when he starts to use his 6' 5" frame to punish people more instead of mostly stick checking.

Carlo in no way, shape or form should be sitting before Miller or McQuaid.

And Miller is better than McQuaid.

Sorry, but McQuaid is the odd man out right now in a puck-mover/defensive D set-up.

Reactions: William Faulkner

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
They aren't the same players, bring different elements despite what you believe, and there is room for both. I'm guessing all you see is height and weight and not the actual play on the ice.

Bruins are 4 and 2 since Gryz entered the line-up on Nov. 22, GAA (not counting EN goals) is 2.50, and he's a plus 2 over that time period.

Seems like the Bruins Defense is doing just fine with both Krug and Gryz in the line-up.
You would be guessing wrong. 4 and 2 with Gryz, and he has been a better player then Krug has in those games, his passes are better and more important, his decision making is far less reckless, You are wrong again, i dont believe they are the same player, i believe GRYZ just may be the smarter and more polished superior player over time. And you are wrong again, the actual play on the ice is what i see and i see a guy GRYZ who makes one fifth of what Krug makes. McAVOY and GRYZ move the puck just fine, Trade the defensive liability while his value is high and get a guy for KREJCI to play with. Team wont miss Krug a sniff. Gryz also hits the net when he shoots it. This guy gives us great flexibility now with the salary cap to make a smart, thought out hockey trade. I gotta believe if a guy like OEL becomes available, KRUG, Belskey, Bjork and a One is a package nobody can touch.

McAVOY-CHARA
CARLO-OEL
MILLER-GRYZ
McQUAID.......................This DEFENSE may be the best in the NHL. Right there with Nashville.

Bjork has potential but has had no impact, Heinen and DeBrusk have been great and Cehlarik will be back, and we have Donato and Frederick and Gabriel and Senyshen coming as well as others. We wont miss Krug or Bjork and we add a top five DMAN in the world.

Or we get a TOP forward......Either way, we need to get a number one or two DMAN and a 30 goal scoring winger. And Krug is a major chip to get one or the other in my opinion.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You would be guessing wrong. 4 and 2 with Gryz, and he has been a better player then Krug has in those games, his passes are better and more important, his decision making is far less reckless, You are wrong again, i dont believe they are the same player, i believe GRYZ just may be the smarter and more polished superior player over time. And you are wrong again, the actual play on the ice is what i see and i see a guy GRYZ who makes one fifth of what Krug makes. McAVOY and GRYZ move the puck just fine, Trade the defensive liability while his value is high and get a guy for KREJCI to play with. Team wont miss Krug a sniff. Gryz also hits the net when he shoots it. This guy gives us great flexibility now with the salary cap to make a smart, thought out hockey trade. I gotta believe if a guy like OEL becomes available, KRUG, Belskey, Bjork and a One is a package nobody can touch.

McAVOY-CHARA
CARLO-OEL
MILLER-GRYZ
McQUAID.......................This DEFENSE may be the best in the NHL. Right there with Nashville.

Bjork has potential but has had no impact, Heinen and DeBrusk have been great and Cehlarik will be back, and we have Donato and Frederick and Gabriel and Senyshen coming as well as others. We wont miss Krug or Bjork and we add a top five DMAN in the world.

Or we get a TOP forward......Either way, we need to get a number one or two DMAN and a 30 goal scoring winger. And Krug is a major chip to get one or the other in my opinion.

So it's Krug that you're underrating. Gotcha.

I do think Gryz is the better skater and passer than Krug. But he doesn't bring Krug's offensive production, I don't ever see Gryz among the Top 10 D-man scorers as Krug was last year (tied for 7th). Hence the comment they are different players.

And if you think for one second that you're package for OEL is an offer "nobody can touch", you are out of your mind. It would take a 1st rounder just to convince Arizona to take on the 10 million owed to Belesky, if they would take it at all. They aren't exactly flush with case, and its real dollars were talking here, he's not on LTIR.

And your not getting OEL for Krug + Bjork. Despite the fact that OEL isn't close to a "Top 5 D-man in the world". Very good player, a legit No.1 I guess, but he's not Top 5, he's not even Top 10.

There is so much stuff incorrect in your post it's almost unbelievable.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Gryzleck will be the D to come out of the lineup

Well considering we were talking a puck-mover/defensive D set-up on all 3 pairs, I'm going to say you're wrong on this, considering they only have 3 puck-moving types, including Gryz.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Of course there's room for both. If you go with 3 pairs, one puck mover and one conventional/physical D, you could have:
Chara McAvoy
Krug McQuaid
Gryz Miller

With Carlo pushing out one of those established physical D when he starts to use his 6' 5" frame to punish people more instead of mostly stick checking.

So, you want to sit Carlo for McQuaid, Miller, or Grizz because he’s not physical enough for you at his size?

Off the top of my head, here are a list of good D that aren’t overly physical for their size:

Hedman
Parayko
Myers
Skjei
Hamilton
Jones
Lindholm
Slavin
Hanifin

Do I need to go on? Yeah, some of these guys provide more offense than Carlo, but there are a bunch of big (good) defensive D that aren’t physical. Carlo should definitely be in the lineup over Grizz, Miller, or McQ.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So, you want to sit Carlo for McQuaid, Miller, or Grizz because he’s not physical enough for you at his size?

Off the top of my head, here are a list of good D that aren’t overly physical for their size:

Hedman
Parayko
Myers
Skjei
Hamilton
Jones
Lindholm
Slavin
Hanifin

Do I need to go on? Yeah, some of these guys provide more offense than Carlo, but there are a bunch of big (good) defensive D that aren’t physical. Carlo should definitely be in the lineup over Grizz, Miller, or McQ.

But GD, Carlo is 6'5 and over 200 lbs and doesn't "punish" people on the ice.

They should probably trade him now while they still can.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere

I do think Gryz is the better skater and passer than Krug. But he doesn't bring Krug's offensive production, I don't ever see Gryz among the Top 10 D-man scorers as Krug was last year (tied for 7th). Hence the comment they are different players.

And if you think for one second that you're package for OEL is an offer "nobody can touch", you are out of your mind. It would take a 1st rounder just to convince Arizona to take on the 10 million owed to Belesky, if they would take it at all. They aren't exactly flush with case, and its real dollars were talking here, he's not on LTIR.

And your not getting OEL for Krug + Bjork. Despite the fact that OEL isn't close to a "Top 5 D-man in the world". Very good player, a legit No.1 I guess, but he's not Top 5, he's not even Top 10.

Interesting...

Not even close to a Top 5 in the world???
Not even top ten????

I'd myself would easily put him in the top ten in the world and arguably top 5. If he had been playing in a Hockey market he would have 2-3 norris finalist nominees on his list of achievements, if not a Norris.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere

McAVOY-CHARA
CARLO-OEL
MILLER-GRYZ

Big OEL fan and he would make the Bruins incredible strong and Sweeney or any other GM would be a fool not to ask what it would cost to acquire him.

A top young forward would be tops on my list but depending on the cost OEL would fit the bill. Looking for someone who can put the puck in the net for the second line or a top young center. The bruins have piled up a great deal of future assets, and Sweeney has the ammo to bring in some major current help,as the Bruins aren't that far off from being a serious contender.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Big OEL fan and he would make the Bruins incredible strong and Sweeney or any other GM would be a fool not to ask what it would cost to acquire him.

A top young forward would be tops on my list but depending on the cost OEL would fit the bill. Looking for someone who can put the puck in the net for the second line or a top young center. The bruins have piled up a great deal of future assets, and Sweeney has the ammo to bring in some major current help,as the Bruins aren't that far off from being a serious contender.

OEL won't becoming here, plans are Chayka and the Coyotes are putting him in a leadership role, as the face of that franchise, much as Doan had been the centerpiece since the transition to ARI.

IT'S NOW BETWEEN Carlo and McAvoy TO DETERMINE WHO LEADS once Chara eventually goes.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Interesting...

Not even top ten????

I'd myself would easily put him in the top ten in the world and arguably top 5. If he had been playing in a Hockey market he would have 2-3 norris finalist nominees on his list of achievements, if not a Norris.

well now that you've weighed in I guess it's settled :laugh:

If he's top 5 or even top 10 I guess Arizona is just finding ways to lose in spite of his incredible elite skill set and product on the ice

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
But GD, Carlo is 6'5 and over 200 lbs and doesn't "punish" people on the ice.

They should probably trade him now while they still can.

Dougie got pushed around by Nathan Gerbe in front of the net, but people had a freaking cow when Sweeney traded him.

Now, we are sitting Carlo because he’s not physical enough? Wow, times change.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
well now that you've weighed in I guess it's settled :laugh:

If he's top 5 or even top 10 I guess Arizona is just finding ways to lose in spite of his incredible elite skill set and product on the ice
No its not settled just my opinion, doesn't mean its right or wrong were all entitled to an opinon

Now your opinion that a player can't be among the best in the world because he's on a crappy team?:laugh:

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017

I dont under rate Krug at all. He is an offensive dynamo and a defensive disaster. Better offensively then he is poor defensively, but it does not change a thing. Obviously you dont stay up to

There are some like you who understand the difference between a solid offensive player like Krug who is over paid for what he brings and a world class superstar who needs a change and would be tremendous on our squad, not to mention making us a legit cup contender....I think my package would get it done. Some people are infactuated with Krug and it does make me laugh that they cant see he is just as much a liability as he is a plus....He is the perfect sell high chip. A suckers delight. As an edit, i would add that i like Krug for what he brings which is above average offensive skill. But much of it is assists that can be made up....GRYZ can replace even if he is slightly less the player, it still allows us to sell high and get a top wing or top pairing D MAN. Gryz opens up many doors for us now.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Interesting...

Not even top ten????

You could make a debate over him in the Top 10.

Top 5? Not a chance.

Norris Trophy votes in 2016-17 for OEL = Zero

2015-16 - 9th

2014-15 - 17th

2013-14 - 14th

2012-13 - 7th

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Dougie got pushed around by Nathan Gerbe in front of the net, but people had a freaking cow when Sweeney traded him.

I sit right there by net and Carlo is plenty physical

He just turned 21

Guys going to be an elite shut down defenseman

They deal him they should fire everyone same with Bjork

Trading Bjork would not be a smart move

I warned HF Bruins fans in 2010 trading Marchand (and a 1st) for Chris Drury but was told Marchand after 20 games and 1 assist was a bust

Marchand after he clobbered Seids in camp September 2010 this place wanted him released

I remember when after Joe Thornton first year of 7 points a member still here wanted to deal him + for the he final 5 years of a near the end Jeremy Roenick

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I am surprised and pleased at Grzelcyk's development. My only concern is his size. He gets muscled off the puck too often in his own end. And he needs to play with someone who can battle in close to the net with bigger forwards.

Krug, at least, has learned how to compete for pucks in his D zone while being undersized.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
You could make a debate over him in the Top 10.

Top 5? Not a chance.

Norris Trophy votes in 2016-17 for OEL = Zero

2015-16 - 9th

2014-15 - 17th

2013-14 - 14th

2012-13 - 7th

Top 5 no doubt its debatable, there's a lot of talented defenders out there, and more on the rise. I'm just elated the Bruins have one of them in Charlie Mac!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Yah it was bad but Gerbe is feisty and Dougie like Carlo was young and getting acclimated to the league

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That's almost 15 minutes a night, that is more than enough time to show if you should be up. the little whiner never showed me a thing in his time in Boston and the few Providence games I saw with him their I wasn't overly impressed either.

Most overrated failure of a pick in Bruins history, still has his followers who think he can play in the NHL. I hope he does come back to North America, Dealer Donnie manages to get anything for him and we can all watch him whiter and collapse in some other city and then see the act again when he is sent down and later runs home to daddy in Russia.

The faster he is out of the Bruins organization the better.
He's coming back

Claude screwed him over

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I got an idea?

Why not ACTUALLY let the ****ing prospects develop
Cant do that.....Need to win a cup or two with this nucleus. That is the goal of the organization. Or it should be. To many prospects too far away. Would you trade Krug, Bjork and a number one for OEL and a Stanley Cup ? You bet you would.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Cant do that.....Need to win a cup or two with this nucleus. That is the goal of the organization. Or it should be. To many prospects too far away. Would you trade Krug, Bjork and a number one for OEL and a Stanley Cup ? You bet you would.
It will never happen

Zero

Why would Arizona not ask for McAvoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad