Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
That's almost 15 minutes a night, that is more than enough time to show if you should be up. the little whiner never showed me a thing in his time in Boston and the few Providence games I saw with him their I wasn't overly impressed either.

Most overrated failure of a pick in Bruins history, still has his followers who think he can play in the NHL. I hope he does come back to North America, Dealer Donnie manages to get anything for him and we can all watch him whiter and collapse in some other city and then see the act again when he is sent down and later runs home to daddy in Russia.

The faster he is out of the Bruins organization the better.

Hmmmm... I can DEFINITELY think of a lot worse than him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Arizona has a lot of good young centers

If I was then I offer Christian Dvorak or Max Domi and Anthony Duclair for Pastrnak

I'm not trading OEL but if Boston includes McAvoy you could do this

McAvoy & Heinen for OEL & Domi or Dvorak

Give the Bruins a choice of which young center they want

Arizona gets a good young wing and in McAvoy a guy making less than OEL for a couple of years

We get our young third line center and a great young D in OEL

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Cant do that.....Need to win a cup or two with this nucleus. That is the goal of the organization. Or it should be. To many prospects too far away. Would you trade Krug, Bjork and a number one for OEL and a Stanley Cup ? You bet you would.
My Arizona deal seals it- doubt Arizona does it

OEL & Dvorak or Domi

For

McAvoy
Heinen

Cue the Duck boats

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
Spooner, belesky for rheinhardt & 5th
sucks to overpay , but you gotta get that contract off the books asap.. i know rheinhardt is a bust and i get it.. but maybe throw him up on the nhl roster as a 7th defenseman . let chara show him some things then send him to the ahl and see if he turns into a nice reclamation project.. he still is only 23.. basically taking a shot on a bust to get rid of a bad contract.. ill give you one more bust to take a shot on .. lazar.. (backes could be a great mentor for this kid)

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Arizona has a lot of good young centers

If I was then I offer Christian Dvorak or Max Domi and Anthony Duclair for Pastrnak

I'm not trading OEL but if Boston includes McAvoy you could do this

McAvoy & Heinen for OEL & Domi or Dvorak

Give the Bruins a choice of which young center they want

Arizona gets a good young wing and in McAvoy a guy making less than OEL for a couple of years

We get our young third line center and a great young D in OEL

Not a chance I trade McAvoy. I get that he may never be OEL, but he could also be better, possibly a lot better. And he's cheaper for a while right? I feel pretty much the same way about Pastrnak and I'm not sure how they could move him.

However if Arizona wants to move pieces with Carlo as the headliner and a bunch of prospects coming from us I'm all ears.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Spooner, belesky for rheinhardt & 5th
sucks to overpay , but you gotta get that contract off the books asap.. i know rheinhardt is a bust and i get it.. but maybe throw him up on the nhl roster as a 7th defenseman . let chara show him some things then send him to the ahl and see if he turns into a nice reclamation project.. he still is only 23.. basically taking a shot on a bust to get rid of a bad contract.. ill give you one more bust to take a shot on .. lazar.. (backes could be a great mentor for this kid)

How are we overpaying here? What value are we offering in a Beleskey/Spooner package?

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I got an idea?

Why not ACTUALLY let the ****ing prospects develop

I'm ll for watching the prospects develop as I believe the bruins as of right now are first or near first in points for rookies as a team. Its exciting and fun to watch them,and to know thats there's still a pipeline of youth on its way. Its great but Sweeney is getting paid to make some rather important/tough decisions and one of them is should he package some of these assets to try and win a cup and make the bruins better or wait for the kids to develop into NHL caliber players as some will and some won't.

He has a slew of top prospects and the Bruins aren't that far off from being a contender for the Cup and with the next two drafts being pretty deep and the way the Bruins have been drafting as of late, why not trade some of that youth for a top known commodity, its not like its going to empty the well. Its pretty deep. I'm not saying trade for an aging Vet but make a Hockey trade one that makes us better today and three-four yrs down the road. I'm a Sweeney supporter and feel he'll do whats best for the Bruins and if the right deal comes available he'll make it. I don't see him giving prospects away but I do foresee him dealing to better the Bruins chances of winning the Cup.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
It will never happen

Zero

Why would Arizona not ask for McAvoy
Because nobody will give a player that young of that caliber. Arizona had their chance to win with the guy. He now wants out and wants to win. They will get a package like most teams get when they trade the better player. Why would we give them McAvoy ? They would love a guy like rug they can sell to the fans and is a good poit producer at 5.5 and get two young exciting prospects. Arizona can ask all they want and if i was Sweeney, i would over pay slightly...But not with McAvoy. CARLO, maybe, Heinen, maybe, DeBrusk, maybe.....I would deal from strength and make a great offer, Arizona can use kelp all over the ice.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
How are we overpaying here? What value are we offering in a Beleskey/Spooner package?

Exactly. I'd let them have Spooner and Beleskey for future considerations if it got Beleskey off the books.

Why would Vegas do this? Even if you factor in the guys they have on IR, just take their roster right now, even if they waive and demote Beleskey, they'd still have to demote one of Theodore or Tuch to create roster space for Spooner, or waive another one of their current players not on IR.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Interesting...

Not even close to a Top 5 in the world???
Not even top ten????

I'd myself would easily put him in the top ten in the world and arguably top 5. If he had been playing in a Hockey market he would have 2-3 norris finalist nominees on his list of achievements, if not a Norris.

I'd say he's arguably top 10, and certainly not top 5. Don't see how he cracks this group:

Karlsson
Hedman
Doughty
Burns
Josi
Keith

Then you have guys like Subban, Letang, Suter, Pietrangelo, etc. I'd put him in competition within that group, personally. And certainly you could make a case for a few in this group to be right there with Josi or Keith, but regardless I don't see how OEL has any case for top 5.

Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Because nobody will give a player that young of that caliber. Arizona had their chance to win with the guy. He now wants out and wants to win. They will get a package like most teams get when they trade the better player. Why would we give them McAvoy ? They would love a guy like rug they can sell to the fans and is a good poit producer at 5.5 and get two young exciting prospects. Arizona can ask all they want and if i was Sweeney, i would over pay slightly...But not with McAvoy. CARLO, maybe, Heinen, maybe, DeBrusk, maybe.....I would deal from strength and make a great offer, Arizona can use kelp all over the ice.

JP, DO you watch Arizona since they moved there in 1996, imagine the Bruins being talked about constantly not being here the following year to insert city here, going through what that franchise has gone through, off the ice, Chayka has no intentions of a fire sale....

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I would never do that.....
Go propose

Krug & Bjork for OEL on Arizona or better yet Main Board

Your trade has 2 guys from Boston

You have ragged on Krug since the day you joined

You stated Bjork makes no impact

And you want back an impact star defenseman

Bwhahahaha

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He wants out?

Oh and the Bruins are his only option ?

I apologize I didn't realize Arizona had to take an offer from Boston but not McAvoy or Pastrnak for their best player

In that case make them take the Beleskey contract as well

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Go propose

Krug & Bjork for OEL on Arizona or better yet Main Board

Your trade has 2 guys from Boston

You have ragged on Krug since the day you joined

You stated Bjork makes no impact

And you want back an impact star defenseman

Bwhahahaha
LOL...I like Krug, you misunderstand me. I think he does some things great. And Bjork looks to have talent but he has not yet made an impact...Truth. This is the trade rumor or proposal thread is it not ? Plus a first round pick dont forget.

Just because you dont like my idea is no reason to let it bother you.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
He wants out?

Oh and the Bruins are his only option ?

I apologize I didn't realize Arizona had to take an offer from Boston but not McAvoy or Pastrnak for their best player

In that case make them take the Beleskey contract as well
As the GM, thats what i would offer. Then see what they say. Thats how it works.

As the GM....I am not giving Pasta or Charlie.....Idea is to steal the guy. Kinda like Dallas did to us for Seguin.....Or Calgary did for Hamilton...Now that it is apparent Donny should have taken the Islander kid.....Or maybe Thornton for Sturm, Primeau and Stuart......

But Krug plus.....Maybe Maloney is as "high" on Krug as you are. You kow what they say, there is a sucker born every day.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'd say he's arguably top 10, and certainly not top 5. Don't see how he cracks this group:

Karlsson
Hedman
Doughty
Burns
Josi
Keith

Then you have guys like Subban, Letang, Suter, Pietrangelo, etc. I'd put him in competition within that group, personally. And certainly you could make a case for a few in this group to be right there with Josi or Keith, but regardless I don't see how OEL has any case for top 5.
Bad news

Duncan Keith is 34 and looks like a shell off self 26 G 0 goals -7

Burns will be 33 in March and 1 goal in 28 games and not playing at level last year

I'd edit them for your list

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
As the GM, thats what i would offer. Then see what they say. Thats how it works.

As the GM....I am not giving Pasta or Charlie.....Idea is to steal the guy. Kinda like Dallas did to us for Seguin.....Or Calgary did for Hamilton...Now that it is apparent Donny should have taken the Islander kid.....Or maybe Thornton for Sturm, Primeau and Stuart......

But Krug plus.....Maybe Maloney is as "high" on Krug as you are. You kow what they say, there is a sucker born every day.
bud, Don Maloney hasn't been in Arizona in 3 years, and 2 ownerships ago....:rolleyes:

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Bad news

Duncan Keith is 34 and looks like a shell off self 26 G 0 goals -7

Burns will be 33 in March and 1 goal in 28 games and not playing at level last year

I'd edit them for your list

Yeah if we are factoring in age, contract, etc. it's a slightly different argument of course. Then again if you are going to consider those factors then do guys like Klingberg, McAvoy, Sergachev, etc. become OEL competitors?

End of the day I stand by my position that OEL is absolutely not a top 5 dman inthe NHL, whether you are looking at this year or "market value". He's arguably in the top 10 in either or both of those discussions, but not top 5. Anyway not sure I was responding to you though...think it was another poster who stated he was possibly top 5.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Don Maloney: Firing by Arizona Coyotes 'not unexpected'

Sadly Don is no longer in charge so I will since I'm great at this stuff and probably better than Maloney

To procure my 26 year old stud defenseman I want

1. McAvoy, Bjork, Vakkainenen for OEL and a draft pick not a first

2. Pastrnak & Carlo for OEL and Domi

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Don Maloney: Firing by Arizona Coyotes 'not unexpected'

Sadly Don is no longer in charge so I will since I'm great at this stuff and probably better than Maloney

To procure my 26 year old stud defenseman I want

1. McAvoy, Bjork, Vakkainenen for OEL and a draft pick not a first

2. Pastrnak & Carlo for OEL and Domi

Since half of your posts, or more, are in jest, I can't tell if you're serious with these offers. Would you honestly be willing to give up McAvoy for OEL, or are you just saying that Arizona wouldn't give up OEL for anyone less?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah if we are factoring in age, contract, etc. it's a slightly different argument of course. Then again if you are going to consider those factors then do guys like Klingberg, McAvoy, Sergachev, etc. become OEL competitors?

End of the day I stand by my position that OEL is absolutely not a top 5 dman inthe NHL, whether you are looking at this year or "market value". He's arguably in the top 10 in either or both of those discussions, but not top 5.
He's a top 10 but Keith is near end and Burns at 33 will be trending down

If I own OEL I want serious serious talent coming back

You make my Pastrnak deal you have McAvoy & OEL and Domi or Dvorak as a third line center and who can jump up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->