Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
They got plenty of time - Senyshyn and Lauzon are only 20 as is Zboril

JFK just turned 21 in Halloween

Lauzon reminds me of Flames stalwart Jamie Macoun.

Lauzon has a little of this and a little of that but looks above average in many important areas the games I went to in Providence

Zboril is the top +/- guy for defenseman

The deep Bruins D may give both the full year in the AHL to grow their bodies and game

Still going sweep in these deals

Hamilton for Senyshyn, JFK, Lauzon

Boychuk for Carlo & Lindgren

Lucic for Frederic, Colin Miller, Kuraly, Zboril

What a bleeping haul by Donnie hockey

Donnie!!!! Donnie!!!! Donnie!!!!

Oh I forgot the new 2011 May Bruins fans think he got wrobbed

Bwhahahaha
Just wondering here. Why can't anyone say anything that even seems like it might be anti-Sweeney without you getting upset over it? Seriously, it's like you take it personally to the point you feel the need to belittle anyone who suggests that Sweeney isn't the greatest GM in the history of organized sports.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems very odd that you get so defensive over the GM of all things.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just wondering here. Why can't anyone say anything that even seems like it might be anti-Sweeney without you getting upset over it? Seriously, it's like you take it personally to the point you feel the need to belittle anyone who suggests that Sweeney isn't the greatest GM in the history of organized sports.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems very odd that you get so defensive over the GM of all things.
Really obvious

90% beat the crap out of Sweeney

I take the opposite view and enjoy going after conflicting views largely backed by facts and highly educated opinions- not defensive at all it's why I'm here

The majority of the posters are with you

I'm here for balance

If you took measures to not read me you would find few outright defend him without a 'but'

His organization drafts well 'but' he can't trade or sign UFAs...blah blah blah

I come here and pretty much am a lone wolf defending him

I should be the one who's complaining but I like it - you can only read so much p***yng & moaning about Matt Beleskey contract and how it's the worst deal ever done in hockey

Booo whoooo who

You can tailor HF Boards to your liking with just a few clicks - many have

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Let's just omit any trade proposals involving David Backes as they do not make any sense in the least bit. Neither party will be moving on from each other as they just agreed to a longterm, expensive-contract that is only in it's second year of life. The Bruins have zero interest in trading Backes, nor should they.

Does he make a little too much money? Sure. The Bruins overpaid in FA on a big-name like everyone else does.

Does he provide real value to this team as a leader, physical presence and source of steady offense? Yes, he does.

There is no issue with Backes and he has been as advertised. He was a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs, and the team has a visibly higher level of compete with him in the lineup, and on the ice. There is no reason to complain with the way he's played whatsoever.

Can I agree for now with the right to bring him up again in 2019 when he moves to partial NTC and his real salary drops to 4 million?

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Really obvious

I take the opposite view and enjoy going after conflicting views largely backed by facts and highly educated opinions

I'm here for balance

If you took measures to not read me you would find few outright defend him without a 'but'

His organization drafts well 'but' he can't trade or sign UFAs

I should be the one who's complaining but I like it - you can only read so much *****ng & moaning about Matt Beleskey contract and how it's the worst deal ever done in hockey

Booo whoooo who

I would never "tailor" the boards as you suggest. I feel everyones posts are worth reading. I always read yours and usually enjoy them. I think it's actually more than 90% ripping Sweeney with Belesky, Backes, not trading, etc. I simply wondered why so defensive is all.

I'm not going to take measures to not read you or anyone simply because I may not agree. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: PlayMakers

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

They almost traded him and he asked out publicly, And they are deep with Big Buff, Myers, Enstrom, Morrissey and Kulikov and some solid depth guys. Just saying i want in if they trade him.

Voracek is another guy i would like for Krejci. Lots of guys out there.

Only way it happens is the relative Years each has left

If they're really looking to move him and they take David Backes who is worse all around, it'll be because he has 3 years left to Ryan's 5 or more. Start there

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Sweeney does that I join the dark side here against him

We give up our best offensive defenseman who's LHD and don't get a top 4 back?

eh- Im not a Krug guy, so it wouldnt bother me much. I think he's a disaster on defense.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I would do Krug for Simmonds in a heartbeat then.
If they trade Krug for Simmonds and our 40 year old Chara goes out with an injury for an extended period as he has done a a few of the recent years what's the defensive pairings factoring in Cassidy favors a left shot on left side.

O'Gara - McAvoy
Grzelcyk-Carlo
Postma - miller

Love it love the youth

Cue the Duck boats

BruinsNetwork

I’m actually confused as to why there is support of a “Krug for Simmonds” trade proposal here.

How many of Simmonds’ games have you watched this year? He’s a good player, tough in all facets of the game, but he’s also inconsistent and not what the Bruins need.

He turns 30 in the summer and will command a huge raise when his time comes. The Bruins absolutely have no business targeting another 30-year old player, regardless of how tough he is. They need to be looking at players in trades who are probably around 27-years old at the oldest, if they are in-fact looking to trade.

Wayne Simmonds has 8-goals on the season in 27GP. 3 of his goals came from a hat-trick in the first game of the season. He’s gone goalless 21-times this year, to boot.

You want to trade a 50+ point defensemen for a soon-to-be 30-year old power forward? The amount of wing depth in the Bruins’ system is crazy right now, why add someone who’s about 8-years old than the current top-6 F’s or soon-to-be top-6 F’s?

Trading Krug, unless it’s for another top-4 defender, makes this team very bad. I think we saw enough of them getting hemmed in their own zone against OTT in the playoffs because they had to ice a team with Joe Morrow & Tommy Cross on it.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
^^^ Simmonds as a 2 year rental makes way more sense than Simmonds with the eye towards resigning him. Would the cost be worth a 2 year rental? 1st + Cehlarik + another prospect? I don't think LA would make the Lucic trade again.

For the Bruins, it absolutely makes more sense. I have no interest in Simmonds for 2 years + 6-7-8 more afterwards.

But here's the problem, there will be teams out there who have interest in Simmonds only as a two-year rental.

And there will be teams out there with interest and full intent that if they got him, to extend him..

Inevitably, the teams who would be interested in extending him will pay more, and drive up the price Hextall can command in a trade. Look at the Duchene deal. Dorion made that with every intent on making Duchene a long-term Senator as soon as possible.

Reactions: wintersej

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I’m actually confused as to why there is support of a “Krug for Simmonds” trade proposal here.

How many of Simmonds’ games have you watched this year? He’s a good player, tough in all facets of the game, but he’s also inconsistent and not what the Bruins need.

He turns 30 in the summer and will command a huge raise when his time comes. The Bruins absolutely have no business targeting another 30-year old player, regardless of how tough he is. They need to be looking at players in trades who are probably around 27-years old at the oldest, if they are in-fact looking to trade.

Wayne Simmonds has 8-goals on the season in 27GP. 3 of his goals came from a hat-trick in the first game of the season. He’s gone goalless 21-times this year, to boot.

You want to trade a 50+ point defensemen for a soon-to-be 30-year old power forward? The amount of wing depth in the Bruins’ system is crazy right now, why add someone who’s about 8-years old than the current top-6 F’s or soon-to-be top-6 F’s?

Trading Krug, unless it’s for another top-4 defender, makes this team very bad. I think we saw enough of them getting hemmed in their own zone against OTT in the playoffs because they had to ice a team with Joe Morrow & Tommy Cross on it.
Sometimes I wonder if we all see the same things or games. Seems like most of these ideas are just brought up because someone sees a tweet or something. Most make no sense. Have yet to see a reasonable trade idea that provides this inconsistent team a benefit.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Every year we talk about trading Krug...why?

Did we not learn our lesson last year when he was hurt in the playoffs and how much we MISSED a guy like him on the PP and even strength?

Ugh.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I would do Krug for Simmonds in a heartbeat then.
Why would Philly dd
Really obvious

I take the opposite view and enjoy going after conflicting views largely backed by facts and highly educated opinions- not defensive at all it's why I'm here

I'm here for balance

I should be the one who's complaining but I like it - you can only read so much *****ng & moaning about Matt Beleskey contract and how it's the worst deal ever done in hockey

Booo whoooo who

Don thanks you every morning as its the first thing he does. Rise and shine with a Cup of Coffee and HFboards.;)

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Really obvious

I'm here for balance

Booo whoooo who

Im getting thirsty

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
What does this team need?

Size, skill, toughness in the form of a veteran power forward. Kane would fit the bill if he has matured off ice otherwise no way. Simmonds, Lucic, Maroon or Ferland also fit the bill.

Same size and toughness in the bottom 6. There are a number of players who would fit this at the probable cost of one of the wonder prospects.

A legtimate depth defenseman not named Postma, O'Gara or Grzylk. The later two I would use a bait for that veteran 7th D. Las Vegas with its small army of veteran D would be a good place to start.

So a top 6 physical forward with grit, a bottom six forward with the same style and a veteran D.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
To move out redundant veterans in order to make room for the kids.

Nash or Schaller? Pick one and move the other so that Kuraly can stay.

McQuaid or Miller? Pick one and move the other so that Grzelcyk can stay.

I agree with you here. I'm afraid that they are going to decide that they don't have space for Grizz when that would be a mistake. McQuaid comes back and Miller moves back to LD. That just doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad