Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
To move out redundant veterans in order to make room for the kids.

Nash or Schaller? Pick one and move the other so that Kuraly can stay.

McQuaid or Miller? Pick one and move the other so that Grzelcyk can stay.

I’d probably nitpick a hair. I do agree 100% with the premise of moving out redundant veterans, and if they want to move one of Nash or Schaller, be my guest, but not so I can see more of Sean Kuraly. Do it so I can see more Czarnik maybe, or perhaps so they can fit in an actual outside acquisition (gasp!). But Sean Kuraly is not a guy I think needs more ice time.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I’d probably nitpick a hair. I do agree 100% with the premise of moving out redundant veterans, and if they want to move one of Nash or Schaller, be my guest, but not so I can see more of Sean Kuraly. Do it so I can see more Czarnik maybe, or perhaps so they can fit in an actual outside acquisition (gasp!). But Sean Kuraly is not a guy I think needs more ice time.
Fair enough. I like the energy and speed Kuraly brings and think that the 4th line has been pretty effective with him and Acciari on it, but I'd be all for having the option of icing a more skilled 4th line when everyone is healthy.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
To move out redundant veterans in order to make room for the kids.

Nash or Schaller? Pick one and move the other so that Kuraly can stay.

McQuaid or Miller? Pick one and move the other so that Grzelcyk can stay.

I don't have an issue keeping McQuaid around for the remainder of this season. Injuries will happen, and he's excellent depth. Sure he's overpaid for a D-man if he's sitting upstairs most nights with a healthy line-up, but unless they have something to use his cap savings on, what difference does it make?

But if the current D-corps (with Gryz in the line-up) as constructed is the best group 1-6 they can ice, then that is what they need to do, regardless if McQuaid is still here or not.

What Cassidy should not do, is re-jig his 2nd and 3rd pairings in order to get McQuaid into the line-up.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and right now it ain't broke. Gryz's puck-moving has been a big help to this team.

Reactions: Estlin

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
McQuaid should get his spot back as soon as he is ready.

Grzelyk is redundant and Austin Czarnik is not now or ever will be an NHL caliber player. The American Khoklachev

Reactions: Baddkarma

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Grzelyk is redundant and Austin Czarnik is not now or ever will be an NHL caliber player. The American Khoklachev

McQuaid's PK ability is an asset, as is his willingness to defend his teammates.

But Gryz's puck-moving has been an asset to this team as well. He's not redundant at all.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
HIgh end forward to play with Krejci in my opinion. Who to get and how to get is another question....

Agreed, but if you move Pasternak off of Bergie's and Marchands wing, and give him to Krejci that solves the problem. Do Krejci and Pasternak have chemistry ?
Bergie/Marchand and pretty much any decent winger is a very good line.
If down by a goal or two in the 3rd, reunite them with Pasternak .

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I’m probably going to regret asking this, but how is Czarnik the American Koko? You are typically all over Koko for being a crybaby who left and went home. How is Czarnik remotely similar?

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I’m probably going to regret asking this, but how is Czarnik the American Koko? You are typically all over Koko for being a crybaby who left and went home. How is Czarnik remotely similar?

Aside from one shooting right the other left and a few pounds, what isnt alike about them?

ALEXANDER KHOKHLACHEV
AGE24NATIONRussia
POSITIONC/WSHOOTSL
HEIGHT178 cm / 5'10"WEIGHT82 kg / 181 lbs
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Austin Czarnik

AGE24NATIONUSA
POSITIONC/RWSHOOTSR
HEIGHT175 cm / 5'9"WEIGHT73 kg / 161 lbs
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Aside from one shooting right the other left and a few pounds, what isnt alike about them?

ALEXANDER KHOKHLACHEV
AGE24NATIONRussia
POSITIONC/WSHOOTSL
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Austin Czarnik
AGE24NATIONUSA
POSITIONC/RWSHOOTSR
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Are you for f***ing real?

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa

ALEXANDER KHOKHLACHEV
AGE24NATIONRussia
POSITIONC/WSHOOTSL
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Austin Czarnik
AGE24NATIONUSA
POSITIONC/RWSHOOTSR
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Your right this is a great way to compare two players. Clearly the only other difference is 1" and 20 lbs, beyond that they may as well be the same guy.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Are you for ****ing real?

Your right this is a great way to compare two players. Clearly the only other difference is 1" and 20 lbs, beyond that they may as well be the same guy.

OK forget being the same age, height and both playing center, I guess that's nothing.

They also both play a fast handed shifty hit above their weight style.

Hey, and they are both under contract for the same NHL team, huh, what are the odds of that?

:naughty:

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I don't have an issue keeping McQuaid around for the remainder of this season. Injuries will happen, and he's excellent depth. Sure he's overpaid for a D-man if he's sitting upstairs most nights with a healthy line-up, but unless they have something to use his cap savings on, what difference does it make?

But if the current D-corps (with Gryz in the line-up) as constructed is the best group 1-6 they can ice, then that is what they need to do, regardless if McQuaid is still here or not.

What Cassidy should not do, is re-jig his 2nd and 3rd pairings in order to get McQuaid into the line-up.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and right now it ain't broke. Gryz's puck-moving has been a big help to this team.
GRYZ puck moving make Krug trade bait. Why pay this guy 5 million plus ? Makes no sense anymore. We cant have two smallish guys in the lineup. One has to go. Either GRYZ goes to Providence or Krug is traded.

But having them both is not a good thing for the Defense.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

ALEXANDER KHOKHLACHEV
AGE24NATIONRussia
POSITIONC/WSHOOTSL
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Austin Czarnik
AGE24NATIONUSA
POSITIONC/RWSHOOTSR
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I don't see much similarities with Czarnik or Koko other than Claude would balk to play then if they threatened Kelly or Campbell ice time

I like Khokhlachev and expect him ba back in the NHL as a 50+ point producer

Kid got a horrible raw deal

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
GRYZ puck moving make Krug trade bait. Why pay this guy 5 million plus ? Makes no sense anymore. We cant have two smallish guys in the lineup. One has to go. Either GRYZ goes to Providence or Krug is traded.

But having them both is not a good thing for the Defense.

They aren't the same players, bring different elements despite what you believe, and there is room for both. I'm guessing all you see is height and weight and not the actual play on the ice.

Bruins are 4 and 2 since Gryz entered the line-up on Nov. 22, GAA (not counting EN goals) is 2.50, and he's a plus 2 over that time period.

Seems like the Bruins Defense is doing just fine with both Krug and Gryz in the line-up.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Both are small, "skilled" players with no physical game and no upside. Both get way more credit from some posters on here than they deserve and, in my opinion, neither will ever be a competent NHL level player.

Czarnik to his full credit, continues to work hard and not whine like koko did. I would not let koko near my team again, if he wants to come back to North America send his rights somewhere else, who would have an interest in him I don't know.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
They aren't the same players, bring different elements despite what you believe, and there is room for both. I'm guessing all you see is height and weight and not the actual play on the ice.

Bruins are 4 and 2 since Gryz entered the line-up on Nov. 22, GAA (not counting EN goals) is 2.50, and he's a plus 2 over that time period.

Seems like the Bruins Defense is doing just fine with both Krug and Gryz in the line-up.

Of course there's room for both. If you go with 3 pairs, one puck mover and one conventional/physical D, you could have:
Chara McAvoy
Krug McQuaid
Gryz Miller

With Carlo pushing out one of those established physical D when he starts to use his 6' 5" frame to punish people more instead of mostly stick checking.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Both are small, "skilled" players with no physical game and no upside. Both get way more credit from some posters on here than they deserve and, in my opinion, neither will ever be a competent NHL level player.

Czarnik to his full credit, continues to work hard and not whine like koko did. I would not let koko near my team again, if he wants to come back to North America send his rights somewhere else, who would have an interest in him I don't know.

Khokhlachev Vows to be Opportunistic in First Recall of the Season

“I think [Khokhlachev] is a good playmaker,” Julien said on Tuesday. “He’s a smart, heady player, and he’s leading the league right now in the American League, so certainly deserves an opportunity to come up here and help us out. And he has been playing the wing for the most part in Providence this year, so he’ll get a chance to do that with us as well.”

“I think he’s a smart player,” Julien said, “and he looks at our team up the middle, and he wants to play here. He wants to play in the NHL, so he was willingly asked if he could play the wing. We know if he does that, he’s a versatile player — can still play center — and the more you can get out of those guys, the better it is. I think he’s caught onto that as well.”

“Everybody wants to play in the NHL,” Khokhlachev said. “If you play in Providence and play good, [you] just wait for your chance. Right now will be my chance. I just need to play good and show what I can do.”

Played 29 whole minutes on that call up. 2 games. Down again. Real chance.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
I don't see much similarities with Czarnik or Koko other than Claude would balk to play then if they threatened Kelly or Campbell ice time

I like Khokhlachev and expect him ba back in the NHL as a 50+ point producer

Kid got a horrible raw deal

DKH back with the bruins now the Cassidy running the team?

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Of course there's room for both. If you go with 3 pairs, one puck mover and one conventional/physical D, you could have:
Chara McAvoy
Krug McQuaid
Gryz Miller

With Carlo pushing out one of those established physical D when he starts to use his 6' 5" frame to punish people more instead of mostly stick checking.
You bring up a good point. Carlo showed from his play last year that he was a steal in the second round. But I, too, have questioned why he doesn't use his body more. This is his big asset and employing it more in his game would certainly make him a more complete shutdown defenseman.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
2 Proposals: Carlo + to Arizona for OEL; Kurg + to Winnipeg for a signed Trouba.

OEL - Trouba
Chara - McAvoy
Grz - Miller/McQuaid

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just wondering here. Why can't anyone say anything that even seems like it might be anti-Sweeney without you getting upset over it? Seriously, it's like you take it personally to the point you feel the need to belittle anyone who suggests that Sweeney isn't the greatest GM in the history of organized sports.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems very odd that you get so defensive over the GM of all things.
You only know me here so if you draw that assessment my take is it's your mind you think whatever you want

I'm not defensive at all and folks that know me in the real world know this and understand it's 'all about HF Boards'.

The angle 'you're defensive over Sweeney' will never work with me if that is someone's intent

in my hockey world imy friends think along my lines on Sweeney - HF Boards and uniformed media are another story

Bottom line I think Sweeney knows what he's doing and many who post the opposite are probably nice people

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
2 Proposals: Carlo + to Arizona for OEL; Kurg + to Winnipeg for a signed Trouba.

OEL - Trouba
Chara - McAvoy
Grz - Miller/McQuaid

It would be Carlo ++++++++++++++ and Krug ++++++++++++as both players are studs. I am not even sure those two guys as the main part are enough to get it done honestly...

I think a winger for DK if pasta continues to play with Bergy is this teams biggest need. Let the kids play on D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad