Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
My worry about getting that #3C is JFK and Frederic. At this time last year we were all clamoring for a winger for Krejci. Now, the team is overflowing with wingers. Before that it was RD. Boom, McAvoy and Carlo. Also, would we be shocked if Backes slides over to 3C when DeBrusk and/or Cehlarik are back?

IMO, Backes HAS to be the #3c.

Put it this way, if Backes is not your #3c, then you have to pull one of the young wingers out of the lineup.

If it were me, I'd put Backes in the middle until JFK/Frederic arrive and push him out of that spot.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Put it this way, if Backes is not your #3c, then you have to pull one of the young wingers out of the lineup.

If it were me, I'd put Backes in the middle until JFK/Frederic arrive and push him out of that spot.
I am pissed he is not but maybe it's because he's just getting back after serious surgery and he needs to build strength.

I would assume he will be and Cassidy can put Anders Bjork on a wing where he played 3 zone checker in the US teams. He's got awareness and recovery speed

Backes at third line center works - Joel Otto heavy game

Reactions: PlayMakers

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I would like him also, but we cant fit him and they wont take Backes back.......We could fit KANE and Trouba if we got rid of Spoons, Krug and Beleskey. If we could get Trouba, i would also think of moving on from Chara next year. I would take OReilly instead of Kane....No problem. He can play wing or center.
Backes will be fine

He prorated 19 goals last year and had an elbow procedure that I'm told can be a bitch long after you return

In the playoffs he was one of there best forwards

We all get he's not worth $6 M but he has value - very good value if used properly

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know if the RNH supporters here saw the Bs-Edmonton game last week. I was focused on him because of the trade rumors. All I saw was a guy constantly being outmuscled for the puck and not involved in the play in a meaningful way.

A big hell no to him and his overpaid contract.
I'm an RNH guy but he wasn't exactly Matt Barzal top 100 All Time quality

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

At this point I am right with you on this.

There is no other place for him on the roster apart from the fourth line. I'm willing to look past the point totals, lack of speed, and injury situation for now and not deem the contract a bust but he needs to be the third line center. Krejci isn't setting the bar very high either if hes at all successful it will be 2A and 2B since the wingers should be pretty equal on both lines if everyone is healthy. Trading for a vet who will make our contract situation worse because Backes can't play center anymore is not ideal.

From watching him in college a decent amount I think JFK is the kind of guy who would be just as good if not better in the NHL than he is in the AHL. He didn't strike me as the Chris Bourque Kenny Agostino type to light up the minors and then stink it up in the bigs. I probably give him his audition next time Bergeron or Krejci miss a game. But I'd rather he develop and get stronger down there not the kind of prospect I want playing through his struggles up here.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
What i have found is power forwards that run over people tend to have short careers... but ones that use their power simply to create space can have long careers... assuming they have good hands and a nose for the net

Simmonds would seam poised to be at least as good as mike knuble as he ages. I cant remember simmonds going out of his way to throw crazy hits like lindros or neely. Or lucic

But... do we have a hole that simmonds would fill at the right price? He doesnt play above marchand or pastrnak. We have backes... so thats 3 of our top 6 wing spots filled

Do we play simmonds above debrusk or bjork or heinen? Thats just the first 3 guys i can name.

Unless backes is leaving i just dont see room to add simmonds at the caphit he will drmand

Well Lucic seems to be chugging along just fine, Simmonds is the one who appears to be breaking down.

Lindros's career was shortened by concussions, Neely a cheapshot. Kevin Stevens a freak accident.

Shanahan (6'3 220) played at a high level for 20 seasons. Tkachuk (6'2 235) another example. Doan (6'1 223) played 1500 games.

Tocchet at 6'0 205 rarely played full seasons even from a young age. Clark at 5'11 200 tailed off quick after 1994. Roberts, while he came back to play, had to retire once at a fairly young age was abotu 6'1 195 early in career pre-neck injury.

As for Simmonds, I don't think he's a necessity for the Bruins, but would solidify the RW position for the next two years, allow them to make Backes a permanent C.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Debrusk - Krejci - Simmonds
Heinen - Backes - Bjork

Looks pretty darn good to me. I'm fine with Simmonds as a two-year rental for the right price. I'm more than OK with him walking to another team as a UFA in 2019, I'd actually prefer it, so I'm not worried about the dollars he would command as UFA elsewhere.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
^^^ Simmonds as a 2 year rental makes way more sense than Simmonds with the eye towards resigning him. Would the cost be worth a 2 year rental? 1st + Cehlarik + another prospect? I don't think LA would make the Lucic trade again.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I was hoping the Bruins could have tried to move Hamilton for Simmonds when the Flyers were lacking defense, and Hamilton was ignoring the Bruins up until the 2015 draft when he was traded for picks. And we know how that story goes.

My biggest worry about Simmonds is that almost half (45%) of his points the last 4 seasons have come from the powerplay with Philadelphia being in the top 10 for powerplay opportunities in those 4 seasons (#1 13-14, #10 14-15, #2 15-16, #1 16-17). This year they are 19th compared to the Bruins who are 28th in powerplay opportunities. I'm not saying Simmonds isn't a great player or wouldn't help this team, I would welcome him with open arms, but I wouldn't sell the farm for him either.

BruinsNetwork

Let's just omit any trade proposals involving David Backes as they do not make any sense in the least bit. Neither party will be moving on from each other as they just agreed to a longterm, expensive-contract that is only in it's second year of life. The Bruins have zero interest in trading Backes, nor should they.

Does he make a little too much money? Sure. The Bruins overpaid in FA on a big-name like everyone else does.

Does he provide real value to this team as a leader, physical presence and source of steady offense? Yes, he does.

There is no issue with Backes and he has been as advertised. He was a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs, and the team has a visibly higher level of compete with him in the lineup, and on the ice. There is no reason to complain with the way he's played whatsoever.

Reactions: PJ StockBB and PB37

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was hoping the Bruins could have tried to move Hamilton for Simmonds when the Flyers were lacking defense, and Hamilton was ignoring the Bruins up until the 2015 draft when he was traded for picks. And we know how that story goes.

My biggest worry about Simmonds is that almost half (45%) of his points the last 4 seasons have come from the powerplay with Philadelphia being in the top 10 for powerplay opportunities in those 4 seasons (#1 13-14, #10 14-15, #2 15-16, #1 16-17). This year they are 19th compared to the Bruins who are 28th in powerplay opportunities. I'm not saying Simmonds isn't a great player or wouldn't help this team, I would welcome him with open arms, but I wouldn't sell the farm for him either.
I think we got
Senyshyn
JFK
Lauzon

For Hamilton

I'm not hating that return

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Backes will be fine

He prorated 19 goals last year and had an elbow procedure that I'm told can be a ***** long after you return

In the playoffs he was one of there best forwards

We all get he's not worth $6 M but he has value - very good value if used properly
I agree with your assessment, and i have no problem with what Backes gave us last year and i like the guy. But if Buffalo would take him back in a deal for OReilly, i would have to do that. Ideally i want Backes as the 3rd line center with some solid wingers. This team is really close and i want it to be a finished product set up for a run. Kane and Trouba. thats what i want if they are made available. I dont care if we over pay slightly.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Yup, he is great at standing in front of the net. GREAT. But he is ok everywhere else.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I agree with your assessment, and i have no problem with what Backes gave us last year and i like the guy. But if Buffalo would take him back in a deal for OReilly, i would have to do that. Ideally i want Backes as the 3rd line center with some solid wingers. This team is really close and i want it to be a finished product set up for a run. Kane and Trouba. thats what i want if they are made available. I dont care if we over pay slightly.
Buffalo will not do that

Trouba is a cornerstone and I can't think of not reason that makes sense to trade him

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I think we got
Senyshyn
JFK
Lauzon

For Hamilton

I'm not hating that return
Me either. At the time prior to the draft, I was hoping the B's would move Hamilton for immediate help because I thought not hearing anything in the media regarding Hamilton and the Bruins getting so close to the draft and free agency was concerning. I was fine with the resulting trade with Calgary given the circumstances regarding Hamilton and what he wanted.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Buffalo will not do that

Trouba is a cornerstone and I can't think of not reason that makes sense to trade him
They almost traded him and he asked out publicly, And they are deep with Big Buff, Myers, Enstrom, Morrissey and Kulikov and some solid depth guys. Just saying i want in if they trade him.

Voracek is another guy i would like for Krejci. Lots of guys out there.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They almost traded him and he asked out publicly, And they are deep with Big Buff, Myers, Enstrom, Morrissey and Kulikov and some solid depth guys. Just saying i want in if they trade him.

Voracek is another guy i would like for Krejci. Lots of guys out there.
Krejci isn't waiving unless you know something I don't

Trouba is a cornerstone of something big

But even if Trouba held his breath and said I want to go to Boston

Bruins are sitting with a Drew Doughty-like RHD in McAvoy who's going to get paid and a Rod Langway-like RHD in Brandon Carlo who's going to get a good chunk. Cost per year will be $10 M or more for the pair

Trouba will be a $6 M + guy as well

By age 23 these two will 23-24 these two will be Olympic team worthy

Makes zero sense to me to go after Trouba unless

He learns to shoot left
You trade McAvoy
The salary cap is abolished

Please no Carlo +

Plus what ?

The jets have probably the most pure skilled top 4 wingers in the game - Ehlers Laine Connor Wheeler

They need tough 3 zone strong RHD like Trouba

It makes more sense to fantasize being stalked by Miss Universe than the Jets dealing Trouba to Boston for secondary pieces

If the Jets didn't have Trouba they'd be looking to trade for Trouba

Last edited:

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
so i like spooner, to an extent, but im fine with him going someplace else. especially if hes a wing and if he somehow is blocking debrusk's spot next to krejci.. whats the best case scenario here and whats the least you will take for him?

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Krejci isn't waiving unless you know something I don't

Trouba is a cornerstone of something big

But even if Trouba held his breath and said I want to go to Boston

Bruins are sitting with a Drew Doughty-like RHD in McAvoy who's going to get paid and a Rod Langway-like RHD in Brandon Carlo who's going to get a good chunk. Cost per year will be $10 M or more for the pair

Trouba will be a $6 M + guy as well

By age 23 these two will 23-24 these two will be Olympic team worthy

Makes zero sense to me to go after Trouba unless

He learns to shoot left
You trade McAvoy
The salary cap is abolished

Please no Carlo +

Plus what ?

The jets have probably the most pure skilled top 4 wingers in the game - Ehlers Laine Connor Wheeler

They need tough 3 zone strong RHD like Trouba

It makes more sense to fantasize being stalked by Miss Universe than the Jets dealing Trouba to Boston for secondary pieces

If the Jets didn't have Trouba they'd be looking to trade for Trouba[/QUOTE

OK.....But i still say they trade him. They cant pay him either and cant give him top pair minutes, They trade him, Watch.

And we have Krug, Spoons, Beleskey, Nash, money that we need to subtract, Thats your 10-12 million and Doughty and Langway as you say, they are not getting paid that for two years anyway...So we have some flex.

GRYZ the kid looks to be everything Krug is, His salary is now tradeable for a D top four upgrade. Even if it is not Trouba.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Spooner will probably move on after this season

Nash is a huge bargain and underrated and under paid

Krug is both a high end offensive defenseman who is very good to excellent on the power play and a LHD which makes him valuable here

Beleskey will be bought out last 2 years after this season or in a deal with other assets if his performance stays the same

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'll hate it less when/if any of them do anything at the NHL level.
They got plenty of time - Senyshyn and Lauzon are only 20 as is Zboril

JFK just turned 21 in Halloween

Lauzon reminds me of Flames stalwart Jamie Macoun.

Lauzon has a little of this and a little of that but looks above average in many important areas the games I went to in Providence

Zboril is the top +/- guy for defenseman

The deep Bruins D may give both the full year in the AHL to grow their bodies and game

Still going sweep in these deals

Hamilton for Senyshyn, JFK, Lauzon

Boychuk for Carlo & Lindgren

Lucic for Frederic, Colin Miller, Kuraly, Zboril

What a bleeping haul by Donnie hockey

Donnie!!!! Donnie!!!! Donnie!!!!

Oh I forgot the new 2011 May Bruins fans think he got wrobbed

Bwhahahaha

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
simmonds would be perfect for the RW with marsh and Bergy.

maybe Spooner Krug and a first for him??
Sweeney does that I join the dark side here against him

We give up our best offensive defenseman who's LHD and don't get a top 4 back?

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad