Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
donny is just going to have eat some crow and trade a pick and belesky to golden knights or arizona.. it sucks to give away picks, but it also sucks to have 3.8 million scratched on a regular basis .

Or they could just keep their 1st round pick, and buy Beleskey out this summer. Seems like a much better plan.

Reactions: Numbah4

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I like ROR but that contract could be real ugly in the end and it's already bad

Ryan O'Reilly - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
I would like him also, but we cant fit him and they wont take Backes back.......We could fit KANE and Trouba if we got rid of Spoons, Krug and Beleskey. If we could get Trouba, i would also think of moving on from Chara next year. I would take OReilly instead of Kane....No problem. He can play wing or center.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
I would like him also, but we cant fit him and they wont take Backes back.......We could fit KANE and Trouba if we got rid of Spoons, Krug and Beleskey. If we could get Trouba, i would also think of moving on from Chara next year. I would take OReilly instead of Kane....No problem. He can play wing or center.
getting pretty overstacked for RD .. whos going to play their offside on d. we know miller can handle it , does truba ?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don't see why Winnipeg trades Trouba, especially for lesser pieces. They're rolling right now.

Yeah, Trouba shipped has sailed for many reasons. He wants to be #1 RD on his team. His team gave him what he wanted and are rolling. Even if Trouba doesn't want to be in the Peg long term and even if WPG decided to trade him now when they are positioned to be a good team for the first time since Teemu was on the team, with McAvoy and Carlo (especially McAvoy) Boston can't be on Trouba's radar at all.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
For every "Power Winger" who started to decline in their late 20s/early 30s, there was another who performed just fine into their mid-30s.

Depends on the player. I'd be more inclined to invest in a Lucic, who is 6'3 and a sturdy 230+ lbs, than I would a Simmonds, who is 6'2, but a slighter 185 lbs. His physique just isn't built to withstand the rigours of power forward style game as much as a larger player would be.

What i have found is power forwards that run over people tend to have short careers... but ones that use their power simply to create space can have long careers... assuming they have good hands and a nose for the net

Simmonds would seam poised to be at least as good as mike knuble as he ages. I cant remember simmonds going out of his way to throw crazy hits like lindros or neely. Or lucic

But... do we have a hole that simmonds would fill at the right price? He doesnt play above marchand or pastrnak. We have backes... so thats 3 of our top 6 wing spots filled

Do we play simmonds above debrusk or bjork or heinen? Thats just the first 3 guys i can name.

Unless backes is leaving i just dont see room to add simmonds at the caphit he will drmand

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
The hopkins talk has died down... and id be the first to say theres obvious bad blood between neely and chiarelli... that said a trade idea has rolled around in my head for awhile now

Edmonton needs winger depth... and needs to fix cap problems next year. I think we could use a center that has better chemistry with pastrnak to get 2 lines going.

So... my suggestion
Ryan nuggent hopkins comes
And
Belesky, spooner leave for cap reasons
Also two of
Heinen, debrusk, ceherik, senshyn go as talent

I do think rnh can be a ppg player on a better team so it might hurt to give up two sweet looking kids, but i dont feel its overpayment. I think we are still looking pretty when the dust settles.

As for lines... how about

Bjork/bergeron/marchand?
Pastrnak/hopkins/chelerik?
Backes/krejci/kuraly?
Accari/nash/schaller?

We still have jfk and federik to push krejci for a spot in the next couple years... several guys to push for third/fourth line wing spots

I do have a strong belief hopkins was a worthy talent of first overall and has been hurt by bad coaching and a losing culture. If he is moved for young cost controlled wingers we have a ton of them. It seams to scream out it makes sense.

Then deal krejci when his ntc expires to get younger/cheaper

Ps... for edmonton i am assuming they buyout belesky and let spooner leave as an unqualified rfa. So they get 2 players for 1 and save a couple mill

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
IMO at this point most of the young talent we would ship out for RNH have just as high if not higher ceilings at this point. Not saying they will be as good as him, but I feel like Debrusk and Heinen are already well in their way.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
The hopkins talk has died down... and id be the first to say theres obvious bad blood between neely and chiarelli... that said a trade idea has rolled around in my head for awhile now

Edmonton needs winger depth... and needs to fix cap problems next year. I think we could use a center that has better chemistry with pastrnak to get 2 lines going.

So... my suggestion
Ryan nuggent hopkins comes
And
Belesky, spooner leave for cap reasons
Also two of
Heinen, debrusk, ceherik, senshyn go as talent

I do think rnh can be a ppg player on a better team so it might hurt to give up two sweet looking kids, but i dont feel its overpayment. I think we are still looking pretty when the dust settles.

As for lines... how about

Bjork/bergeron/marchand?
Pastrnak/hopkins/chelerik?
Backes/krejci/kuraly?
Accari/nash/schaller?

We still have jfk and federik to push krejci for a spot in the next couple years... several guys to push for third/fourth line wing spots

I do have a strong belief hopkins was a worthy talent of first overall and has been hurt by bad coaching and a losing culture. If he is moved for young cost controlled wingers we have a ton of them. It seams to scream out it makes sense.

Then deal krejci when his ntc expires to get younger/cheaper

Ps... for edmonton i am assuming they buyout belesky and let spooner leave as an unqualified rfa. So they get 2 players for 1 and save a couple mill

There is no reason for this. Our young players, as rookies, are pretty much contributing at the same rate Hopkins is, at a fraction of the price. You win with depth, not with a 6 million dollar over paid forward.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
IMO at this point most of the young talent we would ship out for RNH have just as high if not higher ceilings at this point. Not saying they will be as good as him, but I feel like Debrusk and Heinen are already well in their way.

I think over the next couple of months, we're going to learn quite a bit about what we have and more specifically, what we need.

If Marchand, DeBrusk, Heinen is the future at LW, then you have to move on from Spooner, Vatrano, Beleskey, etc.

If Pasta, Backes, Bjork is the future at RW, then you have to move on from Czarnik and look at moving Senyshyn.

This also leaves Cehlarik is a weird spot, but he can play both wings.

I don't think 3C is going to play itself out over the next 2 months. Likely the biggest need.

On D, you still need a long-term LHD. If none of these guys in the system are the answer, may have to get someone.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think over the next couple of months, we're going to learn quite a bit about what we have and more specifically, what we need.

If Marchand, DeBrusk, Heinen is the future at LW, then you have to move on from Spooner, Vatrano, Beleskey, etc.

If Pasta, Backes, Bjork is the future at RW, then you have to move on from Czarnik and look at moving Senyshyn.

This also leaves Cehlarik is a weird spot, but he can play both wings.

I don't think 3C is going to play itself out over the next 2 months. Likely the biggest need.

On D, you still need a long-term LHD. If none of these guys in the system are the answer, may have to get someone.

My worry about getting that #3C is JFK and Frederic. At this time last year we were all clamoring for a winger for Krejci. Now, the team is overflowing with wingers. Before that it was RD. Boom, McAvoy and Carlo. Also, would we be shocked if Backes slides over to 3C when DeBrusk and/or Cehlarik are back?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Simmonds will be overpaid on his next contract. And as a power forward on the wrong side of 30, that's a no-thank-you from this fan.

Why would Winnipeg trade their top dman? Considering they're playing really well, I highly doubt trading their #1 dman (young #1 dman) is on their radar. You'd have to start with Pastrnak to get their attention.

Nugent Hopkins just leaves me desiring more every time I watch him play. Certainly wouldn't give up Heinen + DeBrusk for that player. The Oilers have cap issues? Well so do the Bruins. Sweeney has built up this stable of prospects, let's hope he isn't moving them to relieve opposing GM's of their cap hell.

Contributing players on ELC's are the KEY to winning Cups. Every team must have these young cost controlled assets on their roster contributing with their key vets.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
So Simmonds is old for the next contract and ppl want to sign Chara for a few years. We need a Chara replacement, is that not what we were supposed to do with the Backes money instead we got an older center who cannot play center. Some want to get rid of our prospects and now locker room cancer Kane is desired, okay then. Going hate seeing Simmonds on the Habs or Leafs next year.

Last edited:

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I really like what I see from Griz and when DeBrusk gets back you plug him in on Krejci left wing. So If I'm Sweeney I go out and try to find a center to play between Backus and Heinen and then the Bruins would be scary good!

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
What about Beleskey + incentives for Colin Wilson? 4 million until 2019. He can provide center depth for this year and next before playing for a new contract.

Colorado has plenty of cap space. They gave up a 4th for him because they needed a center but it seems Kerfoot has solidified himself as a #2 and they're clearly committed to Soderberg as #3 for a couple more years.

He's relatively injury prone and struggles at the dot but he would be an upgrade over Spooner. He shows up in the playoffs. Local guy, BU alumn too.

Just thinking of anything, you know

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
What about Beleskey + incentives for Colin Wilson? 4 million until 2019. He can provide center depth for this year and next before playing for a new contract.

Colorado has plenty of cap space. They gave up a 4th for him because they needed a center but it seems Kerfoot has solidified himself as a #2 and they're clearly committed to Soderberg as #3 for a couple more years.

He's relatively injury prone and struggles at the dot but he would be an upgrade over Spooner. He shows up in the playoffs. Local guy, BU alumn too.

why would Colorado deal, if they just went through the Duchene debacle?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I see no reason why the Avs would even entertain Beleskey in a deal.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
It still amazes me that players who don't have a full season between them (DeBrusk, Heinen, Bjork) have more value to people than a proven power forward than Wayne Simmonds. While the game may be getting younger the obsession with unproven youth and speed is mind boggling.

I like DeBrusk and was wrong about Heinen, he looks like a very good prospect, key word PROSPECT, Simmonds is an established star forward who may be able to make Krecji relevant again. I would move one of Heinen, DeBrusk or Bjork, two of Senyshyn, Donato, Fitzgerald, Chelarik and Gabrielle, and a pick in the 2019 draft. I value proven players not prospects who ay or may not ever contribute. I doubt Philly has a desire for any young D prospects considering their depth at the position.

Krecji, Bergeron, Chara and Backes aren't getting any younger, if you want to contend with this core you need to improve your top six and forward depth now, not in three years when JFK or Senyshyn may e ready to make some kind of impact. Use your vaunted youth on the third and fourth lines and hope they continue to improve.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krecji-Simmonds
Antoine Roussel-Backes-Heinen
Curtis McKenzie/Vatrano-Kuraly-Nash/Schaller
Spooner plus for Roussel and McKenzie
Beleskey to Providence to save a million off his contract, recall and maybe somebody picks him up on re-entry waivers for half price, would be same as a buyout but less time.
Bjork, Senyshyn, Donato, 2019 2nd for Simmonds

Reactions: Brent Hughes

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

He's also on pace for 5 goals. $4m for 5 goals? I pass. Pass on grass. ;-)

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
It still amazes me that players who don't have a full season between them (DeBrusk, Heinen, Bjork) have more value to people than a proven power forward than Wayne Simmonds. While the game may be getting younger the obsession with unproven youth and speed is mind boggling.

I like DeBrusk and was wrong about Heinen, he looks like a very good prospect, key word PROSPECT, Simmonds is an established star forward who may be able to make Krecji relevant again. I would move one of Heinen, DeBrusk or Bjork, two of Senyshyn, Donato, Fitzgerald, Chelarik and Gabrielle, and a pick in the 2019 draft. I value proven players not prospects who ay or may not ever contribute. I doubt Philly has a desire for any young D prospects considering their depth at the position.

Krecji, Bergeron, Chara and Backes aren't getting any younger, if you want to contend with this core you need to improve your top six and forward depth now, not in three years when JFK or Senyshyn may e ready to make some kind of impact. Use your vaunted youth on the third and fourth lines and hope they continue to improve.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krecji-Simmonds
Antoine Roussel-Backes-Heinen
Curtis McKenzie/Vatrano-Kuraly-Nash/Schaller
Spooner plus for Roussel and McKenzie
Beleskey to Providence to save a million off his contract, recall and maybe somebody picks him up on re-entry waivers for half price, would be same as a buyout but less time.
Bjork, Senyshyn, Donato, 2019 2nd for Simmonds

Thank god you're not our GM

Reactions: Blowfish

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I don't know if the RNH supporters here saw the Bs-Edmonton game last week. I was focused on him because of the trade rumors. All I saw was a guy constantly being outmuscled for the puck and not involved in the play in a meaningful way.

A big hell no to him and his overpaid contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad