Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I agree Simmonds needs to be healthy, but remember one of the reasons Matt Belelskey is here is because Sweeney thought he could contribute a certain percentage of what Lucic could.

He and Lucic are both 29, Simmonds has been a consistent 30 goals on a per game basis for the past 3 years, 29 in 82 the before that and had 15 in 45 games the year before those seasons.

The injury is a huge issue, but unless you can get Josh Anderson, Anthony Mantha or Michael Ferland to put in your top 6 Simmonds is a great option

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
You could always add size and toughness to the bottom 6 as well which would be cheaper to acquire and cap wise.

But when that has been suggested the retort has been "talented and tough". That's Wayne Simmonds.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, you missed the part where I said the players age entering FA, not how old they are now.

Backes was 32 when he signed his 5 year deal.

Eriksson (the other guy I mentioned) was 31.

Simmonds will be 31 when his new deal kicks in (his birthday is in August).

Do you think he’s going to sign for any less than 5/6 years?

I love Simmonds as a player, but when you already have guys like Krejci, Bergeron, Backes and Marchand (soon) over 30 and on long term deals, do you want to add Simmonds too? If I’m going to give up a bunch of stuff in a deal, I want someone younger than 29/30.

ps Backes will be 34 in May. The regular season is over by then, so it’s a little inaccurate to say he will be 34 this season.
My cousin family been Flyers season ticket holder since 1966-67

He says Simmonds is starting to show wear and tear - some games he is invisible

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I pass on Scandella. Solid defensemen but too expensive for the 3rd pair, and I don't want to give Krug's minutes to him. Plus, he's signed for 2 more years at $4m per.
Yup

Not a high priority to me

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Could part of that be because of how awful the Flyers have been this year or is his perceived decline one of the reasons they are awful?

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

31 is ancient for a power winger. Most were willing to give up on Looch at 27 because he was looking old, and would not age well.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
31 is ancient for a power winger. Most were willing to give up on Looch at 27 because he was looking old, and would not age well.
Agree

I'd just stick with what we have unless the player is mid 20's

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

For every "Power Winger" who started to decline in their late 20s/early 30s, there was another who performed just fine into their mid-30s.

Depends on the player. I'd be more inclined to invest in a Lucic, who is 6'3 and a sturdy 230+ lbs, than I would a Simmonds, who is 6'2, but a slighter 185 lbs. His physique just isn't built to withstand the rigours of power forward style game as much as a larger player would be.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Urho and Lindgren will not likely arrive for another 2 years after this year. In the meantime, Bergeron will be 34-35 years old and the Bruins will likely be without a #1 center. Just think about that.

If the Bruins want a chance at a cup in the next decade, they need to go for it in the next year or two OR face reality and go for a rebuild. If Sweeney is smart about it, we might be able to turn things around fairly quickly. Trent Frederic looks great. Donato, Studnicka as well, but I do not see a #1C in our pipeline.

If only the Bruins had the opportunity gift wrapped to them to draft someone with that potential.
Oh wait...

You'd just have to think we'd still have SOMETHING to show for that.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
I agree that bruins need a lh defenseman to take some minutes, and i dont get why they arent having ogara fill up some extra minutes. he's been adequate when filling in and is a big body. let him play and get better. cheap option.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Could part of that be because of how awful the Flyers have been this year or is his perceived decline one of the reasons they are awful?

That's just it though, they are not terrible.

Or maybe not as bad as their record shows at first glance.

They made it through October playing .500 hockey and then in November had SIX overtime losses. (4OT/2SO)

The worst beating they took over that span was twice going down 3-0, it's not like they are getting blown out every night either.

Philly was in all of those games and obviously since they could only win two in that span makes it all the worse, however a little OT puck luck and they aren't a fire sale.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Simmonds is good; however I also too wonder if his play has regressed because of how BAD the Flyers are.

I watched a game last week against the Penguins, he tried to stick handle through 2 guys in the defensive zone twice.....and lost it both times. He also seems very uninterested at times.

That being said, he is IMO more gifted offensively then Lucic and can skate well.

I would be scared to sign him to a long term deal though

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I agree that bruins need a lh defenseman to take some minutes, and i dont get why they arent having ogara fill up some extra minutes. he's been adequate when filling in and is a big body. let him play and get better. cheap option.

Because they don't need a smaller version of Hal Gill. O'Gara has shown me very little in his time up so far.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Agree

I'd just stick with what we have unless the player is mid 20's
We need to be in on Evander Kane. It is not even a question. I used to think we needed a number one D MAN. And i wanted Krug traded. That has changed. McAvoy is our number one and Krug has been better defensively, and his offense is too good to get rid of. That said, This team is built to win now, And we must be pro active at the deadline and go for it even if it costs us a kid or two...SPOONER, BELESKY, McQUAID, are bait. I would trade Krug if it involved say a guy like Trouba coming back as i think they will deal him.

As for Kane....He is nasty and ill manered...But he has grown up a bit since his troubles. Put a B on his chest and he will swell up with pride and show him some Neely and Horton and OReilly video and he will be great for us. And TROUBA hits lie a truck and is a rangy talented player. Huge upgrade on Krug.

If we can get these players at the expense of.....SPOONS, BELESKY (must), McQuaid, KRUG, ZBORIL, LOUZAN, DONATO, SENYSHEN, Our number one pick........Any of these combo's for these players. May also throw in Bjork as part of a deal. He is available if the right guy comes back.

Then we can win the cup.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
With the emergence of DeBrusk, Heinen, Bjork, I don’t see Simmonds as a “need”.

Sweeney will at some point have to deal a prospect or 3. The blue line looks solid as is. He has some young pieces in the pipeline. Oddly enough it would seem the Montreal Canadiens would be the best fit for a trade. I’m guessing they’re regretting shipping off their only young dman in Sergachev (who is playing really well for Yzerman). They could certainly do themselves some good acquiring a Lauzon, Zboril, Grelzck, etc.

How great would Gallagher look in a Bruins uniform? If only Chiarelli had listened to Lucic’s draft advice!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We need to be in on Evander Kane. It is not even a question. I used to think we needed a number one D MAN. And i wanted Krug traded. That has changed. McAvoy is our number one and Krug has been better defensively, and his offense is too good to get rid of. That said, This team is built to win now, And we must be pro active at the deadline and go for it even if it costs us a kid or two...SPOONER, BELESKY, McQUAID, are bait. I would trade Krug if it involved say a guy like Trouba coming back as i think they will deal him.

As for Kane....He is nasty and ill manered...But he has grown up a bit since his troubles. Put a B on his chest and he will swell up with pride and show him some Neely and Horton and OReilly video and he will be great for us. And TROUBA hits lie a truck and is a rangy talented player. Huge upgrade on Krug.

If we can get these players at the expense of.....SPOONS, BELESKY (must), McQuaid, KRUG, ZBORIL, LOUZAN, DONATO, SENYSHEN, Our number one pick........Any of these combo's for these players. May also throw in Bjork as part of a deal. He is available if the right guy comes back.

Then we can win the cup.
I do like Kane but not sure about this happening

It will be fascinating to se what Buffalo does

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
With the emergence of DeBrusk, Heinen, Bjork, I don’t see Simmonds as a “need”.

Sweeney will at some point have to deal a prospect or 3. The blue line looks solid as is. He has some young pieces in the pipeline. Oddly enough it would seem the Montreal Canadiens would be the best fit for a trade. I’m guessing they’re regretting shipping off their only young dman in Sergachev (who is playing really well for Yzerman). They could certainly do themselves some good acquiring a Lauzon, Zboril, Grelzck, etc.

How great would Gallagher look in a Bruins uniform? If only Chiarelli had listened to Lucic’s draft advice!
His dad sat near me and daughter several years back and we walked downstairs with him after Sunday Bruins-Habs game and he said his son wanted Boston and believed they were going to take him - the dad trained Cunningham & Lucic - family friend and super nice guy that meeting

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

Then we can win the cup.

I would be good with trading for Evander Kane at the right price, not dealing our #1 pick though. I would also see about Ryan O'Reilly , but with his salary Beleskey and McQuaid OR Backes, would have to be part of it going back. O'Reilly could be a good add, he can play wing and if Krejci were to be injured at some point again, he could slide easily into the #2 C role.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I would be good with trading for Evander Kane at the right price, not dealing our #1 pick though. I would also see about Ryan O'Reilly , but with his salary Beleskey and McQuaid OR Backes, would have to be part of it going back. O'Reilly could be a good add, he can play wing and if Krejci were to be injured at some point again, he could slide easily into the #2 C role.
I like ROR but that contract could be real ugly in the end and it's already bad

Ryan O'Reilly - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: JP Nolan

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I would take O'Reilly any day. Even at that cap hit. He's 26 years old. Pretty damn consistent throughout his career. Signed for 5 and a half more years.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
His dad sat near me and daughter several years back and we walked downstairs with him after Sunday Bruins-Habs game and he said his son wanted Boston and believed they were going to take him - the dad trained Cunningham & Lucic - family friend and super nice guy that meeting
He seems like a great kid. It’s too bad. He was built to be a Bruin. Marchand-Bergeron-Gallagher would be a nightmare for opposing teams.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Do we know how adding Vegas will change the Cap? On the main boards people were throwing about that they expect the cap to go up like 5 million. Smells like hog-wash to me, but curious if any of the smart folks on here have insight.

edit: if the cap DOES jump up it certainly makes all the current contracts look better. It also means the numbers around Charlie will be bonkers.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Do we know how adding Vegas will change the Cap? On the main boards people were throwing about that they expect the cap to go up like 5 million. Smells like hog-wash to me, but curious if any of the smart folks on here have insight.

edit: if the cap DOES jump up it certainly makes all the current contracts look better. It also means the numbers around Charlie will be bonkers.

I may be wrong about this but I believe the entry fee is considered non cap money, only NHL owners could pull that off.

As far as their revenue stream I wonder how profitable they are and if they will help make up for the failures in Arizona and Carolina. I firmly believe, Bettmans ego aside, Arizona exists to be a drag on the cap for the rest of the league.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
donny is just going to have eat some crow and trade a pick and belesky to golden knights or arizona.. it sucks to give away picks, but it also sucks to have 3.8 million scratched on a regular basis .

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I may be wrong about this but I believe the entry fee is considered non cap money, only NHL owners could pull that off.

As far as their revenue stream I wonder how profitable they are and if they will help make up for the failures in Arizona and Carolina. I firmly believe, Bettmans ego aside, Arizona exists to be a drag on the cap for the rest of the league.

Well that's kinda hard, because the cap is based on Hockey-related REVENUE, not Hockey-related PROFITS, as player salaries are a COST subtracted from the revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad