Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Why would the Pens or the B`s do this?

Bruins are on the record looking for a right wing....Granted they are looking for someone to play on the top two lines and Rust isn't exactly an offensive presence. Still, the Bruins seem to lack something on the forecheck (outside of the 4th line) and that is Rust's game. Pittsburgh needs a center to play 3rd line minutes, Sheahan is a 4th liner.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Bruins are on the record looking for a right wing....Granted they are looking for someone to play on the top two lines and Rust isn't exactly an offensive presence. Still, the Bruins seem to lack something on the forecheck (outside of the 4th line) and that is Rust's game. Pittsburgh needs a center to play 3rd line minutes, Sheahan is a 4th liner.

IMO, Rust isn`t close to being the guy who can slide into a top 6 spot as you mentioned which is why I asked why either team would do this.

I`ll disagree with you in regards to the B`s forecheck being primarily lead by the 4th line, Nash/Heinen and Backes are a pain in the arse for opponents and Bergy`s line combines both skill, speed and hockey IQ on the forecheck. I just don`t see Rust being an upgrade over anyone currently on the B`s roster to the point that I send Spoons for him

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
IMO, Rust isn`t close to being the guy who can slide into a top 6 spot as you mentioned which is why I asked why either team would do this.

I`ll disagree with you in regards to the B`s forecheck being primarily lead by the 4th line, Nash/Heinen and Backes are a pain in the arse for opponents and Bergy`s line combines both skill, speed and hockey IQ on the forecheck. I just don`t see Rust being an upgrade over anyone currently on the B`s roster to the point that I send Spoons for him

I like the Krejci line in the offensive zone, but defensively with Spooner on the wing I think the line is a vulnerability. I think maybe if they slotted in Rust there (or on another line), it might make the Bruins tougher to beat.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I like the Krejci line in the offensive zone, but defensively with Spooner on the wing I think the line is a vulnerability. I think maybe if they slotted in Rust there (or on another line), it might make the Bruins tougher to beat.

tougher to beat? Tough critic, not seeing our boys dropping too many over the last month to 6 weeks

I would argue the B`s are, at this time, one of the toughest out`s in the NHL. If they fall behind, they find ways often to battle back, if ahead, they lock it down pretty good.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I like Spooner in general, but I don't believe he is the solution on right wing. What does Celarhik look like on his off wing? I think we have all our rental wingers in providence.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
YOU DON'T MAKE TRADES for playoff positioning, B's are nowhere near a bubble team...

Who said anything about playoff positioning?

I was thinking Rust might be a solid addition come playoff time considering what he has done in the recent past. Probably a moot point because he is out injured now.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
To me, the only right wingers who would be worthwhile with contracts up in the next two years are either Rieder or Silfverberg, maybe Donskoi. I just don't know why their teams would trade them.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don't really understand the Bruins being interested in Koekkoek? He's still young at 24, but he's not a better option than Grzelcyk? Unless they just like him as a potential depth piece with upside if given a chance? I don't know...Doesn't really make sense.
Kypreos was implying that the Bruins as well as other teams were interested in koekoek at the beginning of the year when the Bruins were looking for another LH d-man and that sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't made as Yzerman now needs Koekkoek after the Hedman injury.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Kypreos was implying that the Bruins as well as other teams were interested in koekoek at the beginning of the year when the Bruins were looking for another LH d-man and that sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't made as Yzerman know needs Koekkoek after the Hedman injury.

Yeah, poster didn't specify that so it sounded like they are interested in him. Koekkoek seems like a draft bust for his spot, but who knows...Maybe he's just a guy who needs an opportunity. He will get one now, I'm sure.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
[QUOTE="Fenian24, post: 140135309, member: 104833"]I will just say this. I think many here over value our prospects badly and under value other team's players. I know I lean heavily the other way but we'll see. I still dont see any grit,size or toughness at forward in the organization but I do see a ton of small, fast forwards. Move some of them and eliminate an obvious weakness[/QUOTE]

I agree! When things are going good, people tend to have blinders on and drink nothing but Bruins Kool-aid. We cant trade him hes better than him. Why make a deal now were playing great. Believe me I've drank my fair share of Kool-Aid over the yrs but if truth be told the Bruins need to acquire another top 4 d-fenseman to be in the driver seat. Their that close.

In 2011 PC sends a young Blake Wheeler for Peverly and Pevs is major factor in helping the Bruins win the Cup and Wheeler is a top star today, its a sacrifice mostly everyone is happy with because the Bruins won the Cup. He also sent Colborne who many here coveted along with a 1st and 2nd for Kaberle as well in 2011. He traded a 2nd to Ottawa for Chris Kelly. O ya almost forgot about that one, but all these trades sacrificed some futures but helped a already good team become Stanley Cup Champions!

There's been many years when the Bruins were close but just didn't have the prospects to make a deal. This yr they do and I want to see them go for it. like they did in 2011!

Reactions: TCB

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I will just say this. I think many here over value our prospects badly and under value other team's players. I know I lean heavily the other way but we'll see. I still dont see any grit,size or toughness at forward in the organization but I do see a ton of small, fast forwards. Move some of them and eliminate an obvious weakness

You can say the same thing the other way. Some here over-value other team's players badly and under value our own prospects. Nick Ritchie, for example. There are some here that would give up a lot for him, even though he's not nearly as good as people think. But he's "big and tough!" Brett Ritchie, his brother, is a guy as well that people would rather have over a guy like Acciari, even though they're similar players, minus the size. I actually feel Acciari is more consistent.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Oel would be a great d partner for Carlo/Miller. Then krug with Carlo/Miller and the b’s defense is very good with grzcelyk and Mcquaid ready for action. I would give up a fair amount for him if they’d take beleskey as he has another year after this one.

Beleskey
1st
Frederic
Lauzon

For
Oel

Reactions: Strafer and TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Oel would be a great d partner for Carlo/Miller. Then krug with Carlo/Miller and the b’s defense is very good with grzcelyk and Mcquaid ready for action. I would give up a fair amount for him if they’d take beleskey as he has another year after this one.

Beleskey
1st
Frederic
Lauzon

For
Oel

Don't take this personal as you make a lot of offers Im thinking "what the hell is he thinking":laugh: But Ya I like this one.;)
I wont mind getting one of theChristians, Dvorak or Fischer in the deal

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015

Beleskey
1st
Frederic
Lauzon

For
Oel

I doubt Arizona even considereds that. Look at what a haul Avs received for Duchene. Sens 1st+3rd+Bowers+Hammond+Nashville 2nd+Girard+Kamenev. Three excellent prospects, 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks and Hammond as a throw in.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
[QUOTE="Fenian24, post: 140135309, member: 104833"]I will just say this. I think many here over value our prospects badly and under value other team's players. I know I lean heavily the other way but we'll see. I still dont see any grit,size or toughness at forward in the organization but I do see a ton of small, fast forwards. Move some of them and eliminate an obvious weakness

I agree! When things are going good, people tend to have blinders on and drink nothing but Bruins Kool-aid. We cant trade him hes better than him. Why make a deal now were playing great. Believe me I've drank my fair share of Kool-Aid over the yrs but if truth be told the Bruins need to acquire another top 4 d-fenseman to be in the driver seat. Their that close.

In 2011 PC sends a young Blake Wheeler for Peverly and Pevs is major factor in helping the Bruins win the Cup and Wheeler is a top star today, its a sacrifice mostly everyone is happy with because the Bruins won the Cup. He also sent Colborne who many here coveted along with a 1st and 2nd for Kaberle as well in 2011. He traded a 2nd to Ottawa for Chris Kelly. O ya almost forgot about that one, but all these trades sacrificed some futures but helped a already good team become Stanley Cup Champions!

There's been many years when the Bruins were close but just didn't have the prospects to make a deal. This yr they do and I want to see them go for it. like they did in 2011![/QUOTE]
The only difference between both opinions is that now the Bruins have leverage. Their prospects are worth more because their situation is better in the standings. Sweeney did well by standing pat and letting this pan out. Waited on the injuries to see what exactly he had. I bet other GMs are calling him instead of the other way around.

Reactions: Fenian24

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I doubt Arizona even considereds that. Look at what a haul Avs received for Duchene. Sens 1st+3rd+Bowers+Hammond+Nashville 2nd+Girard+Kamenev. Three excellent prospects, 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks and Hammond as a throw in.

Good, because we don't need Oel at that price

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Well I think teams will be making a mistake if they suddenly expect the ridiculous deal Ottawa made for Duchene is going to be the next market price. That was such a disastrous move by Ottawa.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Good, because we don't need Oel at that price
At what price???

The Bruins would be dumping Beleskeys salary and their trading a late first along with two good prospect. Lauzon diffidently with the most upside but this gives the Bruins a greater Chance of winning the Cup and they still have a slew of prospects on the up-rise.

OEl is a proven top two NHL defenseman, if this deal can be made its a no-brainer!

Reactions: TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca