Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Yeah, I'm not sure why a rebuilding team would move a player like Fischer?
Anyone should be available on the Yotes. They have no clear cut superstar there, outside of OEL and if they receive an offer thats going to improve their team going forward they'll do it.

The Bruins have a lot of assets that I'm sure would intrigue a Re-building Yote team.

Reactions: TCB

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
paul martin just got healthy... hnic says sharks looking to move him. one year left after this one for the 36 year old

would sharks take belesky and a good prospect like zboril or lauzon?

bruins then make a second deal of mcquaid to a soft landing spot in the off season to move that caphit.

martin becomes the insurance if grezlyk backslides or if chara starts breaking down on us

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I guess it depends on what extra surplus you're giving up for him. If it's Bjork+ then no...It doesn't make any sense. What are we talking here? The Coyotes don't have to move Fischer. He's a young piece to build around. You don't deal him for lesser valued guys, and the Bruins don't deal for him by giving up similar developmental prospects.
:huh: You-think

Why would anyone in their right mind offer Bjork+ your making statements to defend your point that no one else has even brought up.:confused:

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Anyone should be available on the Yotes. They have no clear cut superstar there, outside of OEL and if they receive an offer thats going to improve their team going forward they'll do it.

The Bruins have a lot of assets that I'm sure would intrigue a Re-building Yote team.

Okay....A re-building Yotes team, you're right. I'm not sure why this one is confusing people so much. Why is a team like the Coyotes going to move a guy like Fischer? I get the Bruins have a lot of assets, but packaging a bunch of assets for a similar player (in terms of development and potential) just doesn't make much sense to me, nor would it make sense to anyone involved.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
:huh: You-think

Why would anyone in their right mind offer Bjork+ your making statements to defend your point that no one else has even brought up.:confused:

I don't really understand why you try to get smart with me on certain things. It's just a discussion. I'm giving an example of what wouldn't make sense to Boston. It doesn't make sense for Arizona to even move him. It's really not that hard to understand. A rebuilding Coyotes team has no reason to trade a guy like Fischer, unless a team overpays or gives them a similar developmental player at a different position, and the Bruins are deep at wing and don't really need him?

You said, "you give them more surplus" but didn't give any specifics. What's the surplus then? What is a package you're giving up for Fischer?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Okay....A re-building Yotes team, you're right. I'm not sure why this one is confusing people so much. Why is a team like the Coyotes going to move a guy like Fischer? I get the Bruins have a lot of assets, but packaging a bunch of assets for a similar player (in terms of development and potential) just doesn't make much sense to me, nor would it make sense to anyone involved.

Ya. I know unbelievable a team would move a young player for other assets that they need. Im confused as well:sarcasm:

Which similar player do the Bruins have like fischer?. I don't see one....:nod:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don't really understand why you try to get smart with me on certain things. It's just a discussion. I'm giving an example of what wouldn't make sense to Boston. It doesn't make sense for Arizona to even move him. It's really not that hard to understand. A rebuilding Coyotes team has no reason to trade a guy like Fischer, unless a team overpays or gives them a similar developmental player at a different position, and the Bruins are deep at wing and don't really need him?

You said, "you give them more surplus" but didn't give any specifics. What's the surplus then? What is a package you're giving up for Fischer?

OK. I give up who are all these Bruins you speak of who are NHL ready right shot right wingers, who can play in the top 6????

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ya. I know unbelievable a team would move a young player for other assets that they need. Im confused as well:sarcasm:

Which similar player do the Bruins have like fischer?. I don't see one....:nod:

Similar player = developmental young winger with top 6 upside. I don't mean similar in the sense of his style. You missed the parantheses comment, I guess, or just didn't understand it. We've had a reading comprehension problem before.

Bjork, Cehlarik, Senyshyn....All players that have upside like Fischer. So moving any of them + another piece makes zero sense. I've asked you to provide some specific surplus, and you have yet to provide something.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
OK. I give up who are all these Bruins you speak of who are NHL ready right shot right wingers, who can play in the top 6????

Bruins, thus far, have shown, that they don't care a whole lot about handedness of their wingers. We've seen Bjork, Cehlarik, and Spooner all play the RW.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Similar player = developmental young winger with top 6 upside. I don't mean similar in the sense of his style. You missed the parantheses comment, I guess, or just didn't understand it. We've had a reading comprehension problem before.

Bjork, Cehlarik, Senyshyn....All players that have upside like Fischer. So moving any of them + another piece makes zero sense. I've asked you to provide some specific surplus, and you have yet to provide something.

Again your talking in circles your parentheses comment was (in terms of development and potential) My post was about a NHL ready righthanded RW I believe you only read and see what you want to.

You kind of remind me of that person who hears, what he wants to hear, no matter what is said or in this case written.:laugh:

Your actually that poster who is always trying to prove just how much knowledge you have. Take it easy big guy its just a hockey message board no-need to be that way.:nod:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Again your talking in circles your parentheses comment was (in terms of development and potential) My post was about a NHL ready righthanded RW I believe you only read and see what you want to.

You kind of remind me of that person who hears, what he wants to hear, no matter what is said or in this case written.:laugh:

Your actually that poster who is always trying to prove just how much knowledge you have. Take it easy big guy its just a hockey message board no-need to be that way.:nod:

Your post mentioned nothing about an NHL ready RH RW. You just said you'd target him. The first time you specifically said you wanted an NHL ready right shot RW was after the fact. :laugh:

I don't try and prove anything. I just enjoy talking about the Bruins and hockey. Assume what you want though. You know what happens when you ass-u-me things (take out the 'me' though). ;)

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
paul martin just got healthy... hnic says sharks looking to move him. one year left after this one for the 36 year old

would sharks take belesky and a good prospect like zboril or lauzon?

bruins then make a second deal of mcquaid to a soft landing spot in the off season to move that caphit.

martin becomes the insurance if grezlyk backslides or if chara starts breaking down on us

I don't see why the Sharks would do that deal, and I don't like dealing Zboril/Lauzon in the process. Martin is on the back-nine of his career and is a UFA in a year. He doesn't make the Bruins better and while you're ridding yourself of Beleskey, you're moving a valuable piece that could be apart of a deal in the off-season for a legitimate LHD. This is just another deal that comes across as one that doesn't tip the scale for the Bruins but give up more than they should in the process.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
At this point you have to add. This isnt a bubble playoff team they have a real chance with a couple of good moves. They need a top 6 vet winger like Reechi and possibly a Boninio type third line center. Spooner needs to be replaced and as much as Nash has played well it wouldnt hurt to have a center that plays a better two way game as well.

They have Mcquaid if they need a vet playoff defenseman so i think you are pretty much set there.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
At this point you have to add. This isnt a bubble playoff team they have a real chance with a couple of good moves. They need a top 6 vet winger like Reechi and possibly a Boninio type third line center. Spooner needs to be replaced and as much as Nash has played well it wouldnt hurt to have a center that plays a better two way game as well.

They have Mcquaid if they need a vet playoff defenseman so i think you are pretty much set there.

Might have a real chance without making a move, ya just never know, I`ve seen teams far less impressive than this one make it to the final dance

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Nash, this season, is showing he can be a third line center with a two-way game. That 3rd line is meshing well.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
It really depends what Sweeny is willing to offer for OEL that could make it worth it in the long run. I think he allows us to make a serious push for the cup this year but his cap could affect us when having to resign the kids (Mc, Carlo, DeBrusk, Heinen, etc.). I think by next year we could see guys like Lauzon, Zboril or O'Gara coming up and staying. Unless we ship off 1-2 of those guys in deals, or send a current Dman back, OEL could be a bigger problem than solution for us.

It might be better off for us to seek that top 6-9 winger and use our assets for that instead. A couple people mentioned Bjork in a deal which I hate because I think this kid has the potential to play amazing with Pasta and Krej. He's very creative and can slow things down to a comfortable pace. Once he gets himself going again in Providence then call him up and see if he can stay. If not, seek a better solution in a trade.

So if bjork is off limits and I assume debrusk is off limits and heinen is off limits that leaves jfk, senyshyn, donato, Frederic, as the next crop of valuable forward prospects. To me i like the potential of donato and senyshyn more than bjork but we all have the guys we like. Also oel would only be under contract through next season so no issues with signing the kids if they go into the deal knowing they’ll let him walk

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
apparently i haven't read this thread in a while. i went to the 'first unread' and read a few, and they seemed reasonable, and a few more, and then the next page... fine.. and then i look and i'm on page 18 and there are FORTY ONE PAGES. so apologies to those in between but i'm going to have to skip ahead to the last couple two three pages. thanks.

(bleh. the earlier pages were better and avoided the tweet beef stuff)

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Hjalmarrson is said to be available and he would be a good get with his skill set and all of his playoff experience.

Fischer would be a sweet add in a deal and he would give the Bruins a pretty good shot at putting them over the top.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Hjalmarrson is said to be available and he would be a good get with his skill set and all of his playoff experience.

Fischer would be a sweet add in a deal and he would give the Bruins a pretty good shot of putting them over the top.
Curious, what do you think it would take to pry Fischer away in a deal involving him and Hjalmarsson?

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Curious, what do you think it would take to pry Fischer away in a deal involving him and Hjalmarsson?

Getting Hjarmarsson would be huge and costly. So I'm thinking it would be nice if the Bruins could get another need in Fischer in the deal. I wouldn't want to begin to play GM, but I'd expect the Coyotes would want an NHL ready or near ready forward on an ELC and I'm sure they'd be looking at some defensive prospects as part of the package for Hjarmarsson.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
i like spooner, but i think he is the weakest link in our top 6.

In the playoffs, i have a hunch he will be lost as he was in the series vs ottawa.

Adding E kane to Krejci + Debrusk would be huge, even if it was just a rental.
I hope sweeney explores the idea with buffalo and can match any other teams best offer.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
This Bruins team is about both the near term and long term so I would aim high. If you are going to make a deal, make it count.

To Bos:
Fischer
Chychrun

To Ari:
Spooner
Krug
Cehlarik
+1 of our defensive prospects of their choice (McAvoy, Carlo, Grzelcyk are no longer prospects so off limits)

My personal choice is not to make a trade as there are plenty of internal options if there are injuries so it would have to be something really worthwhile like this with long term benefits.

Bjork has to be off limits in any trade. You don't want to be on the wrong side of a Forsberg for Erat deal.

Reactions: Strafer and don
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany