Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
We have to watch our CAP in any trade we make, but especially for a big name, expensive player. That's the main reason McQuaid hasn't been activated yet.

I wouldn't mind getting Hjalmarsson from Arizona. LD that has a good defensive game and is signed for next year at 4.1 million. He does have an NTC/NMC but submits a 10 team trade list (capfriendly). I'd try to get Christian Fischer included in the deal also. RW, power forward, and signed for 2 more years then RFA. The problem of dealing with AZ is they will always insist on Carlo and, as far as I'm concerned, he is off the table.

Reactions: Strafer

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
A guy like that also wouldn't cost Bjork.

I'm also not convinced we need to change our 4th line. For the first time in a while, I feel pretty good about it. Kuraly, Schaller and Acciari are great 4th line players right now. Of course that is just my thought on it and bringing in somebody else could totally make the team better. I started off this season thinking we had some spots in flux on D and F. Now that we're in January, I've been pleasantly surprised on both fronts.

Im with you on Kuraly. I just love the energy he brings. He's relentless and with speed to burn, his speed and constant pursuit I feel makes that line go. Acciari a guy who'll play the Body and take one off the head to win a game as is Schaller to a certain extent. With that being said I rather have letestu than Schaller or Accari, I just feel he brings more of an overall game and the fact that he's good in the circle is huge as like defenseman you can never have enough good face off-men.

Reactions: compan and TCB

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I agree with a couple of the posters here that said if Bjork is moved then it better be in a deal for someone like Landeskog or Stone types. Simmonds is starting on the decline already, would only take him if we got him for a super cheap price, same with Pacioretty in Montreal the decline with patches has started and he has never been a playoff performer. If we are going to make a move for a top 6 forward then either go big or don't bother. Landeskog, Hoffman, Stone, and in dream scenarios Tavares or McKinnon would be the types of players I would want. If we do move out guys from our roster it would only be McQuaid, Spooner, Vatrano unless we could trade Krejci if he waives in a Tavares deal.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I agree with a couple of the posters here that said if Bjork is moved then it better be in a deal for someone like Landeskog or Stone types. Simmonds is starting on the decline already, would only take him if we got him for a super cheap price, same with Pacioretty in Montreal the decline with patches has started and he has never been a playoff performer. If we are going to make a move for a top 6 forward then either go big or don't bother. Landeskog, Hoffman, Stone, and in dream scenarios Tavares or McKinnon would be the types of players I would want. If we do move out guys from our roster it would only be McQuaid, Spooner, Vatrano unless we could trade Krejci if he waives in a Tavares deal.
Great Post!

This basically sums it up in a nut-shell as far as a top 6 forward going to Boston.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I think I'd have to respectfully disagree that Bjork is ahead of Heinen and Debrusk right now.
Heinen has 30 points and Jake the Snake has 21, 9 of which are goals.
I feel Bjork is going to be a great two way player but he doesnt get an immediate pass from me that he's better than two rookies currently producing at a high level on the team.
As for a trade, would need to be blown away to include him, essentially would have to be a #1 pairing dman coming back or a 30 goal scorer with term. Obviously he alone wouldn't get that but just saying, thats the type of package required to give him up.
Well said.

Debrusk and more so Heinen right now are far superior to Bjork where it counts the most for young players in their development and thats in their own zone. Hopefully Bjorks time in providence will address this.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Well said.

Debrusk and more so Heinen right now are far superior to Bjork where it counts the most for young players in their development and thats in their own zone. Hopefully Bjorks time in providence will address this.

I have no doubt that Bjork will be fine in this area. When he was with the US program, he was a 3rd line defensive player. The last couple of years at Notre Dame, they relied on him to be a more offensive player, but he’s a very good 3 zone player.

Reactions: bbfan419 and TCB

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
We have to watch our CAP in any trade we make, but especially for a big name, expensive player. That's the main reason McQuaid hasn't been activated yet.

I wouldn't mind getting Hjalmarsson from Arizona. LD that has a good defensive game and is signed for next year at 4.1 million. He does have an NTC/NMC but submits a 10 team trade list (capfriendly). I'd try to get Christian Fischer included in the deal also. RW, power forward, and signed for 2 more years then RFA. The problem of dealing with AZ is they will always insist on Carlo and, as far as I'm concerned, he is off the table.
What if we substitute Krug? :)

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I think the main reason McQuaid hasn’t been activated is because the other six D are playing so well and healthy (knock on wood).

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
Yes if Bjork is moved it better be for someone with some substance ala Stone/Hoffman/Landeskog. We also will need to move out some money. McQuaid (sadly), Spooner (hopefully), Beleskey (dream scenario). I wonder if a package of Bjork & Spooner could get Ottawa to move Stone. I think he would be great with Krejci....

Reactions: bbfan419

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Islanders currently in last place in the Metro having played an extra game. Just saying, John Taveres is a possibility.
But what do we have that another team won't beat? I think there are quite a few teams that need a #1 more than we do. At least from a quick overview.

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
Because you don't win a championship that way, you maximize your assets and when close acquire established players for prospects to put you over the top.

Allowing them to keep the survivors when you can get something for a prospect who is dropping in management' eyes or to fill a roll that you don't have a prospect to fill is GM 101. Sitting on falling assets leaves you with Jordan Caron in your lineup and not a veteran for "only a season or two"
Exactly. You can always get better. To wait to make a deal until you're sputtering, is not the way to do it. The best teams are active all the time and always looking to make improvements.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Please, explain this one to me Don.

McQuaid is and has always been on the cap, regardless of LTIR, and they aren't even using his LTIR space right now. It has nothing to do with why he is not activated.

#TradeKrug

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Yes if Bjork is moved it better be for someone with some substance ala Stone/Hoffman/Landeskog. We also will need to move out some money. McQuaid (sadly), Spooner (hopefully), Beleskey (dream scenario). I wonder if a package of Bjork & Spooner could get Ottawa to move Stone. I think he would be great with Krejci....

I wonder if Colorado would still move Landeskog. Seems less likely since they are playing much better after moving Duchene, but if they are still open to it, I think the Bruins would have the assets to make it happen. Unless they are still stuck on Carlo/McAvoy...

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

I wonder if Ottawa would take Spooner + Zboril + Senyshen in a deal for Stone and a smaller piece? Spooner and Senyshen are both Ottawa area guys and Spoons can play now, Zboril also could make the jump soon and he played with Chabot in Saint John.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I wonder if Ottawa would take Spooner + Zboril + Senyshen in a deal for Stone and a smaller piece? Spooner and Senyshen are both Ottawa area guys and Spoons can play now, Zboril also could make the jump soon and he played with Chabot in Saint John.

Ottawa has been pretty open about not trading Stone. They’d have to be seriously blown away by an offer to move him.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Its close but I don't think it would be enough. I also think Ottawa has no interest in dealing Stone unless their blown out of the water, actually he's part of the reason (EK the other)they've put Phaneuf/Hoffman/Ceci/Brassard and others on the market so they can resign their two most valuable assets.

I like your reasoning and I'm sure Senyshen and Zboril would be of huge interest to the sens not so sure about Spooner, I feel there would have to be a significant upgrade there.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

I don’t see Krug here at all. Is this bizarro world or did you just forget his name.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Its close but I don't think it would be enough. I also think Ottawa has no interest in dealing Stone unless their blown out of the water, actually he's part of the reason (EK the other)they've put Phaneuf/Hoffman/Ceci/Brassard and others on the market so they can resign their two most valuable assets.

I like your reasoning and I'm sure Senyshen and Zboril would be of huge interest to the sens not so sure about Spooner, I feel there would have to be a significant upgrade there.

Yeah you could be right. I would offer it anyway never know, but for me guys like Bjork don't get moved unless a player like Stone or someone that can help now and in the future is coming back, so I would start with that and then if need be Bjork and Spooner maybe instead. No way I trade any of the top prospects for guys around 30 or so.

Reactions: TCB

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
22kx5y.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad