Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I like Wayne Simmonds as a player, and he was one of those guys that I just wanted on the Bruins because of his style. Right now, Philadelphia is still fighting for a playoff spot, so I'm curious why they would deal one of their better top 6 forwards? So if Simmonds is to be made available, he seems like an off-season acquisition. With that, you're getting a one year rental. Simmonds is going to get a healthy raise on his last big-time contract of his career. I don't think he'd be a wise investment with Backes already here; older player who plays a physical bruising style. I also don't want the Bruins dealing a prospect of Bjork's caliber + 1st + whatever else it would cost for Simmonds. I did find this interesting. While Simmonds has more overall points than Bjork this season, below is their production 5v5.

Anders Bjork:
5v5 TOI = 314.5 minutes (28 GP) = 11.23 average
2 goals - 6 assists - 8 points

P/60 = 1.53
P1/60 (primary points/60) = 0.95

CF = 54.4%
GF/60 = 2.86
GA/60 = 2.1
oiSV% = .926

Wayne Simmonds:
5v5 TOI = 523.53 minutes (42 GP) = 12.47 average
2 goals -6 assists - 8 points

P/60 = 0.92
P1/60 (primary points/60) = 0.57

CF = 47.9%
GF/60 = 1.26
GA/60 = 2.06
oiSV% = .930

So Anders Bjork has the same amount of points in less games and less minutes. Wayne Simmonds production is largely from the power-play. The stats aren't really worth looking at since Bjork played around 30 total minutes on the powerplay in 28 games played (1:07 PP TOI average), while Wayne Simmonds has 147.43 total minutes in 42 games played (3.50 PP TOI average). I just don't really think the Bruins should be dealing a prospect like Bjork for a 1-1.5 years max of Simmonds.

Anders Bjork has much bigger upside as an all-around player. Adding to Bjork in the ways of 1sts and other prospects would be brutal, in my opinion.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I would take Simmonds ten times out of ten over Maroon. Maroon is the type of player that needs other to do the heavy lifting for him then he will score, Simmonds on the other hand does his own lifting, he would be awesome with Krejci. Send a first and Bjork tomorrow, would do that deal in a heartbeat

I'll give a hard no to both. I really doubt Sweeney will move Bjork or the 1st in this draft. More likely if the team continues to progress and plays well the most likely scenario I see happening is a late draft pick or two for a veteran defenseman or forward or both to give the team depth and injury insurance for the playoffs. Nothing major or glamorous.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Also, the Bruins convinced Bjork to forgo his final year at ND to go professional. They believe in the player, love his upside, and I don't see them dealing him anytime soon; never-mind for a player with little term left. That's bad asset management all over the place. Bruins have been doing much better in that regard.

Last edited:

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
If we are trading young talented players like Bjork, Debrusk, Heinen, Carlo etc I'm ok with that. Just don't overpay, and make sure we land a player that makes us better today and tomorrow. Spooner and our first could be in play if we are looking at a blockbuster.

Let's skip Simmonds and cut right to Bo Horvat.

Bjork, Carlo and Spooner for Horvat

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
If Bork moves it’d better be for a Landeskog type with some term. I’d puke all over my Bobby Orr player tee if Bjork moves for Simmonds

I'm with you. If Bjork and a 1st round pick are going out, better being aiming higher than Wayne Simmonds (for season and change). Even if you have to add to that package to get that long term piece. Maybe I'm overrating Bjork, but I think he's a blue chip top-6 winger.

I feel like Bjork, Heinen, Debrusk, Cehlarik, and Donato are all peeking at the same time. From an asset perspective. All left shot wingers (Unsure of Donato's future position as a pro). If there is perfect moment to put your top chips out there for a impact player, now is the time IMO.

Reactions: bbfan419

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If we are trading young talented players like Bjork, Debrusk, Heinen, Carlo etc I'm ok with that. Just don't overpay, and make sure we land a player that makes us better today and tomorrow. Spooner and our first could be in play if we are looking at a blockbuster.

Let's skip Simmonds and cut right to Bo Horvat.

Bjork, Carlo and Spooner for Horvat
Add Pastrnak as well

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You guys never learn

After Marchand went 20 games with 1 assist he was dispised here and tossed in every deal in 2010

Heinen tossed in every deal all summer

Bjork is ahead of Heinen folks I know he had a bad gsme and likely got concussion let's relax

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I like Wayne Simmonds as a player, and he was one of those guys that I just wanted on the Bruins because of his style. Right now, Philadelphia is still fighting for a playoff spot, so I'm curious why they would deal one of their better top 6 forwards? So if Simmonds is to be made available, he seems like an off-season acquisition. With that, you're getting a one year rental. Simmonds is going to get a healthy raise on his last big-time contract of his career. I don't think he'd be a wise investment with Backes already here; older player who plays a physical bruising style. I also don't want the Bruins dealing a prospect of Bjork's caliber + 1st + whatever else it would cost for Simmonds. I did find this interesting. While Simmonds has more overall points than Bjork this season, below is their production 5v5.

Anders Bjork:
5v5 TOI = 314.5 minutes (28 GP) = 11.23 average
2 goals - 6 assists - 8 points

P/60 = 1.53
P1/60 (primary points/60) = 0.95

CF = 54.4%
GF/60 = 2.86
GA/60 = 2.1
oiSV% = .926

Wayne Simmonds:
5v5 TOI = 523.53 minutes (42 GP) = 12.47 average
2 goals -6 assists - 8 points

P/60 = 0.92
P1/60 (primary points/60) = 0.57

CF = 47.9%
GF/60 = 1.26
GA/60 = 2.06
oiSV% = .930

So Anders Bjork has the same amount of points in less games and less minutes. Wayne Simmonds production is largely from the power-play. The stats aren't really worth looking at since Bjork played around 30 total minutes on the powerplay in 28 games played (1:07 PP TOI average), while Wayne Simmonds has 147.43 total minutes in 42 games played (3.50 PP TOI average). I just don't really think the Bruins should be dealing a prospect like Bjork for a 1-1.5 years max of Simmonds.

Anders Bjork has much bigger upside as an all-around player. Adding to Bjork in the ways of 1sts and other prospects would be brutal, in my opinion.
Anders Bjork will be scoring 30 goals a year in the NHL when Wayne Simmonds is playing alumni games around Philly

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Wayne Simmonds is on the decline

I don't think you folks watch him much

Mark Stone would be the guy I'd target
Because people do not agree with you does not mean they don’t watch the player. Simmonds would look great in a Bruins jersey. I hope you are right about Bjork I like his game, believe he will be a solid player, not sure about the 30 goals. You have to give to get, the Bruins need a forward for Krejci and a left shooting dman to make a run, and they have shown, to this point of the season anyway, they are close and capable of making a long run in the playoffs, just need a couple of adjustments. Cannot keep all the kids, that will be an issue sooner rather than later.

Reactions: BadBruins

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
I'm a no on a Bjork package for Simmonds. Simmonds is still a very effective player and will be for a few years, but his best years are probably behind him and he is going to rightfully cash in when his contract is up, after playing for peanuts all these years. The Bruins should upgrade at LD if they're going to spend assets upgrading anywhere.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Somebody's going to overpay big time for Kane. Wait and see in the offseason. He's only 26? I thought he was way older.

SOmeone is going to give Kane 5 or 6 years, and at almost any price it will be an overpayment.

He might make sense as a short term rental, because right now he cares. He cares about his next contract. So that means he know he actually has to play hard from now until the end of the year.

Honestly, I think he gets that big longterm contract and immediately turns back into a pumpkin, and not something you want anywhere near your franchise

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Bruins Don’t Need to Make a Trade

"If the Bruins were to add to their roster, somebody would have to sit as a result and that isn’t ideal. It’s entirely possible the Bruins could add a small piece to complement their depth, but it seems pointless to move assets for a small rental in the grand scheme of things"

https://thehockeywriters.com/boston-bruins-dont-need-to-make-a-trade/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheHockeyWriters+(The+Hockey+Writers)
I have been saying for awhile, no need at all the team is firing on all cylinders. Sweeney is in the position of strength. Let teams come to him and pitch. We have 4 quarters for a buck stud easily, if not move along and we keep our very talented crew that has chemistry and plays hard for each other. Why fix something that is far from broken. I am happy to keep the prospects and let the best survive.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Wayne Simmonds is on the decline

I don't think you folks watch him much

Mark Stone would be the guy I'd target
I disagree. Both will be expensive, Stone probably costs more than Simmonds. Trade for a real asset or don't trade at all.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I have been saying for awhile, no need at all the team is firing on all cylinders. Sweeney is in the position of strength. Let teams come to him and pitch. We have 4 quarters for a buck stud easily, if not move along and we keep our very talented crew that has chemistry and plays hard for each other. Why fix something that is far from broken. I am happy to keep the prospects and let the best survive.

Because you don't win a championship that way, you maximize your assets and when close acquire established players for prospects to put you over the top.

Allowing them to keep the survivors when you can get something for a prospect who is dropping in management' eyes or to fill a roll that you don't have a prospect to fill is GM 101. Sitting on falling assets leaves you with Jordan Caron in your lineup and not a veteran for "only a season or two"

Reactions: pineapplestastegood

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Trading Bjoik for Simmonds is right there with Marchand for Drury

By the way Bjork is ahead of Marchand at same age and development period
I like Bjork and I'm not a Simmonds or Stone guy.

How do you get Stone? If you were to target him? Donato?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just entertain a Stone trade for fun. Be a cheap skate!
Ok I'm GM of Ottawa

Bjork or Senyshyn , whichever of Zboril Vaakanainen Lindgren Lauzon my scouts like and a first round pick

Stone is going to make $6 M plus so the Cap kills it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad