Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
How do you get players like Stone without giving up a prospect like Bjork? Just curious.

I like Bjork.

Stone isn't available from what I've read. But even if he was, I don't see how the Bruins could make a deal with Ottawa without at least one of Bjork/Heinen/Debrusk going back the other way. If I'm Ottawa I demand at least one of these NHL-ready young cost-controlled wingers (and Bjork would still be in the NHL on a team with less overall forward depth than Boston).

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I like Wayne Simmonds as a player, and he was one of those guys that I just wanted on the Bruins because of his style. Right now, Philadelphia is still fighting for a playoff spot, so I'm curious why they would deal one of their better top 6 forwards? So if Simmonds is to be made available, he seems like an off-season acquisition. With that, you're getting a one year rental. Simmonds is going to get a healthy raise on his last big-time contract of his career. I don't think he'd be a wise investment with Backes already here; older player who plays a physical bruising style. I also don't want the Bruins dealing a prospect of Bjork's caliber + 1st + whatever else it would cost for Simmonds. I did find this interesting. While Simmonds has more overall points than Bjork this season, below is their production 5v5.

Anders Bjork:
5v5 TOI = 314.5 minutes (28 GP) = 11.23 average
2 goals - 6 assists - 8 points

P/60 = 1.53
P1/60 (primary points/60) = 0.95

CF = 54.4%
GF/60 = 2.86
GA/60 = 2.1
oiSV% = .926

Wayne Simmonds:
5v5 TOI = 523.53 minutes (42 GP) = 12.47 average
2 goals -6 assists - 8 points

P/60 = 0.92
P1/60 (primary points/60) = 0.57

CF = 47.9%
GF/60 = 1.26
GA/60 = 2.06
oiSV% = .930

So Anders Bjork has the same amount of points in less games and less minutes. Wayne Simmonds production is largely from the power-play. The stats aren't really worth looking at since Bjork played around 30 total minutes on the powerplay in 28 games played (1:07 PP TOI average), while Wayne Simmonds has 147.43 total minutes in 42 games played (3.50 PP TOI average). I just don't really think the Bruins should be dealing a prospect like Bjork for a 1-1.5 years max of Simmonds.

Anders Bjork has much bigger upside as an all-around player. Adding to Bjork in the ways of 1sts and other prospects would be brutal, in my opinion.

Pretty sure they won't

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I think I'd have to respectfully disagree that Bjork is ahead of Heinen and Debrusk right now.
Heinen has 30 points and Jake the Snake has 21, 9 of which are goals.
I feel Bjork is going to be a great two way player but he doesnt get an immediate pass from me that he's better than two rookies currently producing at a high level on the team.
As for a trade, would need to be blown away to include him, essentially would have to be a #1 pairing dman coming back or a 30 goal scorer with term. Obviously he alone wouldn't get that but just saying, thats the type of package required to give him up.

Tazz

Oct 4, 2017
If I'm DS, unless it's a no-brainer offer initiated by another organization, the only commodities I would be pro-actively open to moving in trade this year would be a draft pick, up to and including a first rounder, SPOONER, VATRANO, one of either MILLER or MCQUAID and one of my several left handed D prospects (ZBORIL, LINDGREN, VAAKANAINEN or LAUZON). I wouldn't actively look to move any of BJORK, HEINEN, DEBRUSK, SENYSHYN, JFK, FREDERIC, DONATO or VLADER. HEINEN has really surprised me, during the offseason I mistakenly was open to actively shopping him for veteran help but I have seen the light. He's a keeper.

Reactions: bbfan419

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Ride it with what the B's have and then on Draft day trade up to get this guy!:nod:
2018 Draft diary: Brady Tkachuk

"The most memorable part of the tournament for me was the whole outdoor game experience at New Era Field against Canada. From the snow to all the people who attended the game, and then us winning in a shootout in the end, you could feel the energy on the ice. I had a lot of fun out there".

" The biggest thing is playing with passion and enthusiasm. If we do that it'll transfer over to each individual and we'll play a lot better."

Last edited:
Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Jared Knight sends his love.

Wayne Simmonds today fills a roll the Bruins need filled, I mentioned Bjork not because he may not become a good player but because you don't get 25 goal physical power forwards for Tommy Cross and Austin Czarnik. You have to give to get and Simmonds makes them better now and next year.

Anders Bjork, from a purely statistical level, MAY someday put up Simmonds numbers. If he does so it will be without Simmonds physical game. No where in sleepy Sweeney's drafting is there a player like Simmonds, Donnie seems to have an aversion to drafting tough, physical players. Trent Frederic is the closest they have and I think it will be 3 or 4 more years before they see him, if he ever reaches his potential.

Not all of the uber prospects will make the NHL. In fact the Bruins should count themselves as very lucky with what they have so far. Move some of them, fill holes left by the drafting and make yourself better this year and next at the least.

You are hilarious.

First it was that Sweeney sucks and can’t draft. To this end (even though you don’t like players like this), you were beating the Barzal drum for awhile. Now that the prospects are starting to pan out and produce, you can’t go after Sweeney’s drafting, so we are (again) on to the lack of physicality on the team, despite the fact that they are winning.

I like Simmonds a lot, but I don’t want to overpay for him period, and UNLESS you think the B’s are a cup team this year or next, I am not giving up a premium because I don’t want to sign him to a 6 year deal when he’s on the back 9 of his career.

The other problem (which is kind of a large one) is that the Flyers have turned it around and are only 2 pts out of a WC spot with one game in hand on CAR and two on PIT. Going to be kind of a tough sell in Philly to deal any of their Top 6 F’s with the team playing well and challenging for a playoff spot. The only way Simmonds becomes available is if the Flyers plummet in the standings over the next month.

I hate to bring up these realities and dash your hopes of the B’s acquiring a rough and tumble guy that can actually play, but it’s the truth.

ps Frederic will likely turn pro after this season and spend a year in PRO so he’s a lot closer than you are predicting. Also, I don’t think he’s the player you are looking for? I think he’s going to be a guy that uses his size to gain position and create scoring chances, but I’m not sure how “nasty” he is. Hard to tell with the NCAA guys.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ride it with what the B's have and then on Draft day trade up to get this guy!:nod:
2018 Draft diary: Brady Tkachuk

"The most memorable part of the tournament for me was the whole outdoor game experience at New Era Field against Canada. From the snow to all the people who attended the game, and then us winning in a shootout in the end, you could feel the energy on the ice. I had a lot of fun out there".

" The biggest thing is playing with passion and enthusiasm. If we do that it'll transfer over to each individual and we'll play a lot better."

You would need a what, top 5 pick for the chance at Tkachuk? Is he going to be primarily a center or a LW? Bruins are pretty much set at LW's right now with NHL talent, and prospects coming up. I'd rather they move up and draft someone like Wahlstrom who is C/RW and a right shot.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think I'd have to respectfully disagree that Bjork is ahead of Heinen and Debrusk right now.
Heinen has 30 points and Jake the Snake has 21, 9 of which are goals.
I feel Bjork is going to be a great two way player but he doesnt get an immediate pass from me that he's better than two rookies currently producing at a high level on the team.
As for a trade, would need to be blown away to include him, essentially would have to be a #1 pairing dman coming back or a 30 goal scorer with term. Obviously he alone wouldn't get that but just saying, thats the type of package required to give him up.
Ahead not this year but their first year in the organization

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think the B`s tread lightly at or as they head towards the trade deadline unless there is an acute change in the results as they return from the bye week. I mean only if they struggle. If not mistaken (and that`s a huge if for this fan) they have little cap flexibility and making a deal won`t be simple unless it`s with a team who`s willing to eat some $$$

I don`t think DS is adamant that he isn`t moving a prospect but I believe that he won`t move that prospect unless it`s for a player who is a clear upgrade from someone on the current roster.

Not a clue what DS and his crew feel this team requires at this time. I think there might be a touch of the unknown in regards to how, if they don`t change one thing will some of the kids react come playoff time? I think McAvoy is easy, seen him at playoff time, think they are comfortable with Kuraly as well and for as incredible as Heinen has played, he hasn`t played a minute of NHL playoff hockey, nor DeBrusk and Grizz if he`s in the lineup at that time.

I dunno, I see a ton of names being thrown out there, I understand many of them are guys some would "like" to see in Boston but most are guys that aren`t truly realistic IMO.

I see the boards blowing up as DS pretty much stands pat at the deadline, "maybe" adding a depth guy at a minimal cost and for this fan, if the boys are playing well moving forward as they have been before this break, I`m pretty secure in saying I`m ok with that.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Wayne Simmonds today fills a roll the Bruins need filled, I mentioned Bjork not because he may not become a good player but because you don't get 25 goal physical power forwards for Tommy Cross and Austin Czarnik. You have to give to get and Simmonds makes them better now and next year.

He makes them better now and next year, and then could be gone. I'd rather "give" up legitimate assets to "get" a player who is younger and would help a lot longer than 1.5 years max.

Anders Bjork, from a purely statistical level, MAY someday put up Simmonds numbers. If he does so it will be without Simmonds physical game. No where in sleepy Sweeney's drafting is there a player like Simmonds, Donnie seems to have an aversion to drafting tough, physical players. Trent Frederic is the closest they have and I think it will be 3 or 4 more years before they see him, if he ever reaches his potential.

Well, seeing those types of players are hard to come by in the draft, I think it's more not having a chance to take them over just not wanting to draft them. I love these assumptions that "Donnie" sleep walks through drafts (pretty good pool we have right now, no?) and is "averse" to drafting tough/physical players. Why? Because he hasn't drafted a tough/physical player with every pick? He's been here for 3 drafts. Trent Frederic, Jesse Gabrielle, Ryan Lindgren, and Jeremy Lauzon all play tough styles of hockey. So it seems to me that, once again, this is more the GM just going for specific players you prefer.

Not all of the uber prospects will make the NHL. In fact the Bruins should count themselves as very lucky with what they have so far. Move some of them, fill holes left by the drafting and make yourself better this year and next at the least.

No shit, thank you for stating the obvious. And then back to backhanded comments like the Bruins should count themselves lucky. Drafting and developing is a lot luck. Targeting specific players plays a big part and the team did that. Instead of moving those players for help this year and next, why not find the right guy and move them for him. Maybe he could help for longer than 2 years.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You would need a what, top 5 pick for the chance at Tkachuk? Is he going to be primarily a center or a LW? Bruins are pretty much set at LW's right now with NHL talent, and prospects coming up. I'd rather they move up and draft someone like Wahlstrom who is C/RW and a right shot.

Might even be Top 3 pick. They could move up to get the No.5 pick and still not get him.

I was very impressed with Tkachuk in my limited viewings (this year's WJC and another tourny last year). I think he will be a better overall player than his brother Matt.

But moving up to get him is a pipe dream.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Might even be Top 3 pick. They could move up to get the No.5 pick and still not get him.

I was very impressed with Tkachuk in my limited viewings (this year's WJC and another tourny last year). I think he will be a better overall player than his brother Matt.

But moving up to get him is a pipe dream.

It is without a doubt but one would be a fool not to try and I'm sure Sweeney will, the kids a player . Obviously you only make a deal with someone if he's still there at their pick. Its a deep draft with a lot of talent and the Bruins have a deep pool of prospects and U never know a team just might be interested in a package.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
They have the capital to make a MAJOR move. Plenty of picks and prospects that are probably on teams radars. That said, however, it's not time to send those out at the trade deadline when prices are unreasonably high. Wait till the offseason where it seems like prices are more reasonable.

I want to see what this team's got as it stands. Can the young guys handle the heat? Are our vets healthy enough to make a run? Once we find those out after this season address your roster accordingly. If they wait the offseason to deal from a position of strength for a major move then I'll be behind it.

Last edited:

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
This is the first year that "standing pat" actually makes sense because of the current roster and not because the prices are too high

They just need to cut dead weight for picks and keep rolling.

I'm OK with the rest, but I need more convincing that DeBrusk/Krejci/Spooner will be a consistent 2nd line threat for the playoffs.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Nice article on what many here has stated as far as the Bruins making a deal,That it would essentially become nothing but a lateral move.

Boston Bruins 2018 Trade Deadline Plans

"I would personally be surprised if some move is not made, though its magnitude is unlikely to measure on the Richter scale. With an uber-competitive team on the ice and a prodigious prospect pipeline in tow, the team currently has the luxury of simply waiting to see how things shake out. Should opportunities present themselves at the deadline for Don Sweeney to merely augment the club’s depth at minimal cost it’s likely he (and his boss) will welcome the chance to do so. Anything more will likely be a little too rich for their blood."

"How important is this season? Important enough to see how far the current team can go with minimal (if any) supplements. But not important enough to sprinkle precious draft capital and young talent around the league for a short-term boost."

https://thehockeywriters.com/boston-bruins-2018-trade-deadline-plans/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheHockeyWriters+(The+Hockey+Writers)

Last edited:

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I'm OK with the rest, but I need more convincing that DeBrusk/Krejci/Spooner will be a consistent 2nd line threat for the playoffs.
Yeah, that line is not looking good at the moment. It was better with Bjork on the RW.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If they're in "WIN NOW" mode, I'd like to see them add some size up front for the playoffs. They're simply undersized and not the most physical. I don't want to see them stapled all over the ice.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
theres not a lot of available players that I want more than the prospects we have honestly. If Sweeney can get that LD that's more developed than the ones we have for a reasonable price that's really the only move I make. Maybe Hoffman if the price is right.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I could've sworn this section was sick of trading young, talented players with upside for aging players?

We are 100% better off with Bjork 2 years from now than no Bjork and potentially no Simmonds 2 years from now. Simmonds isn't the reason we would win or lose the cup, so why sell off a young talented player? We're #6 in the league in GF/GP so it's not like we're hurting with goal scoring. Tied for 3rd in fights this season, so we're not hurting for someone that can scrap. Where is this need coming from?

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Barring injury, I’m ok with a quiet trade deadline. A 2nd + Vatrano for Hjarlmasson is what I’d look for

If he were to get healthy and return, that wouldn't be a bad trade. He's been dealing with an UBI all season though. I'm not sure if it's a concussion, but if that is the case, I am leery.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I could've sworn this section was sick of trading young, talented players with upside for aging players?

We are 100% better off with Bjork 2 years from now than no Bjork and potentially no Simmonds 2 years from now. Simmonds isn't the reason we would win or lose the cup, so why sell off a young talented player? We're #6 in the league in GF/GP so it's not like we're hurting with goal scoring. Tied for 3rd in fights this season, so we're not hurting for someone that can scrap. Where is this need coming from?

I agree with you assessment,On not needing goal scoring, unless for some reason a significant younger forward 24-28 age range becomes available.

The bruins have a load of offense with Bjork and Cehlarik waiting in the wings. If anything I wouldn't mind a guy like letestu on the 4th line or a true banger with some skill. The nice thing about letestu is he can play the wing kill penalty's is good on face-offs and also has some offense to his game.

First and foremost Id like to see another top 4 d-man added but thats very unlikely, but id give up a prospect and pick for the right d-man

Reactions: TCB

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I agree with you assessment,On not needing goal scoring, unless for some reason a significant younger forward 24-28 age range becomes available.

The bruins have a load of offense with Bjork and Cehlarik waiting in the wings. If anything I wouldn't mind a guy like letestu on the 4th line or a true banger with some skill. The nice thing about letestu is he can play the wing kill penalty's is good on face-offs and also has some offense to his game.

First and foremost Id like to see another top 4 d-man added but thats very unlikely, but id give up a prospect and pick for the right d-man

A guy like that also wouldn't cost Bjork.

I'm also not convinced we need to change our 4th line. For the first time in a while, I feel pretty good about it. Kuraly, Schaller and Acciari are great 4th line players right now. Of course that is just my thought on it and bringing in somebody else could totally make the team better. I started off this season thinking we had some spots in flux on D and F. Now that we're in January, I've been pleasantly surprised on both fronts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad