Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
22kx5y.jpg
Is it just me? Don't those two like twins?:laugh:

Reactions: TCB

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
what does Arizona have that would be available and worth trading for? Hjalmarsson if he returns healthy. Anything else?

Tobias Reider is an underrated player IMO. Not sure where he fits in but he's someone who I could see go off on if given a chance on a better team kind of similar to a guy like Paul Byron. He kind of reminds me of a lite version of the early version of Marchand.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Immediate help yes. That team is God awful. I do like Fischer ans would try to steal Crouse from them.

If I'm Arizona Id be packaging OEL to the highest bidder this off season.

They need to start a rebuild and dealing OEL for prospects/picks should be high on the list.

If Im the Bruins The one player who I wouldn't mind acquiring is Christian Dvorak, highly talented young Center.Who could possibly be had with Keller, stepan and Domi around.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
If I'm Arizona Id be packaging OEL to the highest bidder this off season.

They need to start a rebuild and dealing OEL for prospects/picks should be high on the list.

If Im the Bruins The one player who I wouldn't mind acquiring is Christian Dvorak, highly talented young Center.Who could possibly be had with Keller, stepan and Domi around.

But it would be a youth for youth deal, as I can't see Arizona wanting a vet/older player.

What are Arizona's needs in the prospect department?

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I don't see the bruins moving Bjork out unless it's part of a deal for an impact player and the opposing gm is saying Bjork or no deal.

Sweeney has a history of giving time to young players to grow their game, especially ones that show high level skills. After all the work they did scouting Bjork and carefully planning his exit from college, I just don't see him being shipped out already

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Immediate help yes. That team is God awful. I do like Fischer ans would try to steal Crouse from them.

Cruise would be a buy low guy. Grab him and develop him properly. Worst case, he’s another bottom 6 option. I like Fischer as well but don’t see why they’d move him. Dvorak is interesting, also.

He would be a Great addition on the 4th line and add even more Center depth.

Who does he uproot though?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Cruise would be a buy low guy. Grab him and develop him properly. Worst case, he’s another bottom 6 option. I like Fischer as well but don’t see why they’d move him. Dvorak is interesting, also.

Who does he uproot though?
I like are 4th line but I feel its Kuraly that makes it tick with his speed aggressive fore-check and his relentless motor so as long as he stays I'm fine with sitting either one of the other two.

I feel its an upgrade with Letestu he is like 55% in the face-off dot and has proven to be a pretty good playoff performer. Kuralys poor in the dot to be kind and having Letestu ability in the face off circle would be a big plus.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Yeah you could be right. I would offer it anyway never know, but for me guys like Bjork don't get moved unless a player like Stone or someone that can help now and in the future is coming back, so I would start with that and then if need be Bjork and Spooner maybe instead. No way I trade any of the top prospects for guys around 30 or so.

Bjork is a "top prospect." In a year he could end up being equal to or even surpassing Heinen and DeBrusk. It's way too soon to count him out.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA

Fischer would be a great fit as a big bodied, natural RW for Krejci but I'd hate to see what you have to give up to get him. I doubt it would be as simple as Spooner straight up and even then it's tough to give up your backup scoring center if there are injuries.

I was hoping Crouse would drop to the Bruins at 13 but I'm glad he didn't. He's big but he's not putting up the points since McAvoy dropped him with that clean, open ice hit in the summer tune-up series back in 2016. As others have said, if he doesn't cost you a lot, say Cave or Johansson, sure. But he's probably on a longer term development path than Senyshyn.

Reactions: TCB and Strafer

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Is it just me? Don't those two like twins?:laugh:

I had similar reaction.

My overly logical brain decided that in fact they are the same woman, and the message is even deeper. Basically even though the new person is exactly the same as the old person (with minor dress change, Some people are always so over the top desperate for something new, that they would chase after the same person in a different package

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I had similar reaction.

My overly logical brain decided that in fact they are the same woman, and the message is even deeper. Basically even though the new person is exactly the same as the old person (with minor dress change, Some people are always so over the top desperate for something new, that they would chase after the same person in a different package

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I would target Arizona in any potential trade. That kid GM is terrible.

Yeah but advanced stats and stuff, Chayka is in so far over his head it is great. Florida and Arizona committed to advanced metrics and both look terrible. Gee maybe having a real scouting department instead of the Big Bang Theory crew isn't such a bad idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
I could've sworn this section was sick of trading young, talented players with upside for aging players?

We are 100% better off with Bjork 2 years from now than no Bjork and potentially no Simmonds 2 years from now. Simmonds isn't the reason we would win or lose the cup, so why sell off a young talented player? We're #6 in the league in GF/GP so it's not like we're hurting with goal scoring. Tied for 3rd in fights this season, so we're not hurting for someone that can scrap. Where is this need coming from?

Maybe in 2 years Chara is out, Backes barely usable, Krejci on the downslope, Bergy not the perenial Selke winner he still is, and what else.
I understand not throwing away some type of assets (kids and picks) for meh players (whether Simmonds is a meh player is debatable).
It seems to me the Bs have some kind of window opened here, and anyway, they have too many kids with lots of upside to fit into the roster over the next 2 years.
They'll be blocked by the established players, and they're gonna block each other. Something gotta give. A trade would be welcomed, maybe not this winter, but not much farther than next summer I'd say.
Really, I would not like to lose kids/prospects for nothing (à la C.Miller and M.Subban).

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
To me it's guys like Heinen, DeBrusk, Bjork, McAvoy, Carlo, Kuraly, and Grzelyck performing on their ELC's that has opened up a new window here. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think there's a legit case to be made that Bjork for the next 2.5 years at $925K will be of more value to the Bruins than someone like Simmonds for 1.5 years at $4M. He's in the American League I know, but he's an NHL'er. Need to aim higher if he's your base for a trade (Bjork + a 1st).

They've built a prospect pool that is so deep, it's unrealistic to think they'll all make it. Eventually they are going to have to make a tough decision for the benefit of the current group IMO. The can afford to make that move without depleting their prospect pool or youth. That's the position that every GM wants to be in I would think.

Reactions: TCB and Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
To me it's guys like Heinen, DeBrusk, Bjork, McAvoy, Carlo, Kuraly, and Grzelyck performing on their ELC's that has opened up a new window here. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think there's a legit case to be made that Bjork for the next 2.5 years at $925K will be of more value to the Bruins than someone like Simmonds for 1.5 years at $4M. He's in the American League I know, but he's an NHL'er. Need to aim higher if he's your base for a trade (Bjork + a 1st).

They've built a prospect pool that is so deep, it's unrealistic to think they'll all make it. Eventually they are going to have to make a tough decision for the benefit of the current group IMO. The can afford to make that move without depleting their prospect pool or youth. That's the position that every GM wants to be in I would think.

Nope, Not Crazy!

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Because you don't win a championship that way, you maximize your assets and when close acquire established players for prospects to put you over the top.

Allowing them to keep the survivors when you can get something for a prospect who is dropping in management' eyes or to fill a roll that you don't have a prospect to fill is GM 101. Sitting on falling assets leaves you with Jordan Caron in your lineup and not a veteran for "only a season or two"

Who exactly is going to take a couple of our prospects and land us the stud player to put us over the top anyways? Why would they give up a established player for a couple unknowns. Till then the team that is firing on all cylinders and playing hard for each other is not desperate. The lines are developing chemistry and the next core is here now, enjoy it. People we are in the position of strength for once, lets not slum down and make a move just to make a move and upset the tight locker room just to get a shiny new toy. I say if presented with one big time player, we can anti up 4 quarters for a buck for once. Lets see who becomes available at the deadline and who drops out of the playoff picture. No use getting Rinaldo's or Connolly's or guys that can leave in a year or two and we give up yet another Sequin. No more of those short sighted deals that go nowhere. Stick to the plan and entertain the good offers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad