Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion V - 3 warnings posted - Stay On Subject only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That's a good question,for me it would be at the end of his first contract,if he's still on the bottom 6 scoring 10-12 goals a year in Providence with minimal improvement then he's a bust.
I consider Joe Colborne a bust but he's been useful playing in over 300 NHL games,so in reality he didn't meet expectations with me but still turned out to be an NHL player,Buffalo fans consider Paille a bust but he was good for us.
I could go on... and I think I will
I remember the NYI announcer crowing about Boston passing on You Know Who 3 times but they were strangely quiet about taking Dal Colle and not Pastrnak.
I think Vancouver would like a do over for their #4 pick in 2016
Looking forward to the 2019 Koko returns thread
funny you mentioned Colborne, for me, he was a big reach for a pick, it`s amazing he`s played 300 games in the NHL.

I don`t think ZS was a massive reach, from what I recall, a team picking close behind the B`s were mentioned as one who would be picking him (think it was the Wings?), the B`s liked him

I`ve long been one who has never gone into panic mode if a kid requires more time to develop regardless of the round or place they were picked in a draft

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Of all the kids down at Providence, I'm most excited to see what Zboril brings to camp this summer.

Think it's between him and Vaakanainen for who will eventually be asked to pick up those tough LD minutes after Chara is gone.

Obviously neither will be Chara, but both played against men this year and IMO are the one's closest to playing in the NHL.

Zboril is older with some untapped offensive upside IMO and Vaak is younger with more two-way upside.

Love Lauzon too but he took a step back this season, I have him third behind the other two at the moment.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Think it's between him and Vaakanainen for who will eventually be asked to pick up those tough LD minutes after Chara is gone.

Obviously neither will be Chara, but both played against men this year and IMO are the one's closest to playing in the NHL.

Zboril is older with some untapped offensive upside IMO and Vaak is younger with more two-way upside.

Love Lauzon too but he took a step back this season, I have him third behind the other two at the moment.
I wish I lived closer to Providence and could see these kids play once in a while. Guess I'll just wait for Divver's next tweet.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
I have never seen him live, but I think it’s a little disingenuous to say he doesn’t have skill. Someone who has watched him regularly could probably comment better on the hockey smarts part.

He seems to possess some skills?

His hands don't seem that good. Craig Button rated them as a 3 out of 5.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Was just thinking Senyshyn may be another Dave Pasin, goal scorer in juniors who never succeeded at NHL level. Pasin was handicapped by his speed so Senyshyn may at least have a career as a lower line player if he continues to learn to play D and commits to being engaged physically. As someone mentioned will never live up to his draft position in a loaded draft but he may become a useful third line checker with excellent speed and plus size.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
Was just thinking Senyshyn may be another Dave Pasin, goal scorer in juniors who never succeeded at NHL level. Pasin was handicapped by his speed so Senyshyn may at least have a career as a lower line player if he continues to learn to play D and commits to being engaged physically. As someone mentioned will never live up to his draft position in a loaded draft but he may become a useful third line checker with excellent speed and plus size.
I Believe Seny will be a good player for the bruins I seen him play with the hounds in JR. never in Providence.....he has skill hopefully he can play a complete game and has a great camp.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ah, one year as a pro and we're writing him off as a bust or hoping he can carve out some niche as a bottom 6 forward. And if he does just that, we'll get chest thumping, "I said it will happen!!" posts from people who would rather be right over a prospect not meeting his potential than player/team having success. Curious if these people put these on their wall like it's some kind of accomplishment? :laugh:

Why don't we wait and see what the player does in a bigger role before doing it? Is that so hard?

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Ah, one year as a pro and we're writing him off as a bust or hoping he can carve out some niche as a bottom 6 forward. And if he does just that, we'll get chest thumping, "I said it will happen!!" posts from people who would rather be right over a prospect not meeting his potential than player/team having success. Curious if these people put these on their wall like it's some kind of accomplishment? :laugh:

Why don't we wait and see what the player does in a bigger role before doing it? Is that so hard?

Yanni Gourde has a break out ROOKIE season at 26 years old and yet 21 year old Senyshyn is doomed to failure for some.

Not like we didn't just watch Heinen and DeBrusk play a pro season then take their game to the next level...

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Are all the Senyshyn bashers going to quit HF like all the DeBrusk bashers and Bruins will miss the playoff crowd?

One can only hope

Senyshyn dumb? Bwhahahaha

I don't think I've ever wanted any prospect to succeed more than I do Zach Senyshyn.

If he had been drafted 10 spots lower nobody would care and he'd be pressure free.

Instead, now he constantly has his name thrown around like garbage because of things out of his control (where he was drafted, who went after him ect)

Just hope it all works out for him.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Just for fun ,if Boston moved ZS who would be your next target? I have one in mind in case you haven't thought that far in advance but he's only a 4th rounder,does that still count? Or should he be in the first couple of rounds?

Reactions: Dom - OHL

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Just for fun ,if Boston moved ZS who would be your next target? I have one in mind in case you haven't thought that far in advance but he's only a 4th rounder,does that still count? Or should he be in the first couple of rounds?

I think at this point it may be who would take him and for what. can't see a high demand for Senyshyn at this point, unless those mystical teams laying in wait if he dropped past Boston are ready to spring a few years later.

If the question is who would I target for the right side Anderson would be a good choice or anybody who is what Senyshyn was advertised as, a big, fast goal scorer.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I don't think I've ever wanted any prospect to succeed more than I do Zach Senyshyn.

If he had been drafted 10 spots lower nobody would care and he'd be pressure free.

Instead, now he constantly has his name thrown around like garbage because of things out of his control (where he was drafted, who went after him ect)

Just hope it all works out for him.

As would I, I hope he is on the Anthony Mantha route, it takes a couple years but he figures it out and becomes a good NHL player. As I said I like his attitude and he seems committed to being the best player he can be, hopefully that is as a 30 goal scorer here.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m not sure how to respond to this?

I guess if Craig says it’s so, it must be true, despite video evidence to the contrary.

Also, wouldn’t 3 out of 5 be considered above average?
I have him as plus hands

Not sure if that’s a 3 or 4 but around that - definitely good but not yet DeBrusk like

Last edited:

BruinsNetwork

I think at this point it may be who would take him and for what. can't see a high demand for Senyshyn at this point, unless those mystical teams laying in wait if he dropped past Boston are ready to spring a few years later.

If the question is who would I target for the right side Anderson would be a good choice or anybody who is what Senyshyn was advertised as, a big, fast goal scorer.

I can personally tell you that there were about six other teams targeting Senyshyn in the first round in 2015.

I can personally tell you that teams still have interest in Senyshyn, and the Rangers were one of them— as recently as the trade deadline. The Bruins don’t want to trade him and value him highly as a prospect & players.

Senyshyn has yet to show me any signs that he won’t become a good player in the NHL. As DKH asked in this same thread, have any of you seen him play in March & April? He looked great.

Looking forward to Senyshyn getting a shot in the top-six for Providence next season, with the inclusion of PP-time.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
One thing I like about Senyshyn is he’s so fast he can get on D in a hurry.

I loved Derek Smith (Dalton’s dad) of the mid 80’s Flyers because he too had good size and could really pick them up and put them down - he did not have good hands and was the Tim
Schaller guy in those strong post Broadstreet Bully teams.

I think Senyshyn can be better because of his duperiit hands and shot.

He has also been raised like veal in Providence to be a 200 foot player who forechecks hard and back checks even harder.

I’ve heard the Boychuk comparison in personality and coach ability- Johnny Drama did OK for himself being cultivated by Craig Ramsey to be a stay at home inside the dots guy from
A mullet look puck rushing rover in the style of Matt Lashoff and Joe Morrow

Senyshyn is very promising prospect

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Man, that brings back memories. Pasin was my favorite all time prospect. Such a bummer he fizzled out. The original #37. Lol.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I can personally tell you that there were about six other teams targeting Senyshyn in the first round in 2015.

I can personally tell you that teams still have interest in Senyshyn, and the Rangers were one of them— as recently as the trade deadline. The Bruins don’t want to trade him and value him highly as a prospect & players.

Senyshyn has yet to show me any signs that he won’t become a good player in the NHL. As DKH asked in this same thread, have any of you seen him play in March & April? He looked great.

Looking forward to Senyshyn getting a shot in the top-six for Providence next season, with the inclusion of PP-time.

I'm reminded of the path Andreas Athanasiou took to the NHL.

I do however think ZS is faster, smarter, and has more goal scoring ability.

Would anyone not take Athanasiou right now?

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
A guy taken as a project pick is turning out to be a project. Who could have guessed. The word I remember most about Senyshyn is "raw". His game needed polishing and that's what is happening down in Providence. He's one year into his ELC and the Bruins aren't in dire need of him stepping up to the big club next year. With Pasta, Heinen, Donato, Bjork, and Debrusk they can very well afford to let him marinate until he's ready. I won't start to be worried until his first contract is up and he's still a bottom sixer in Providence

Reactions: Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad