Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs - Sat Oct. 25 CBC

Murphy Blue

Live blue
Nov 12, 2008
Newfoundland
Good chance we can take this game with Chara out. Boston wasn't looking great to start the year and that was with him performing in beast mode.

Will be interesting to see what their blueline looks like without him

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Good chance we can take this game with Chara out. Boston wasn't looking great to start the year and that was with him performing in beast mode.

Will be interesting to see what their blueline looks like without him

I am feeling a Leaf payback beat down for the Bruins.
Kessel with a hat trick.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
While it's nice they don't have to face Chara, who do they have to keep Lucic in check?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Polak. I guarantee he won't be thrown to the ice like Gunnar was in the 2012 playoffs. Which helped spark the Bruins' comeback, IMO.

For sure he can stand tougher but I still don't think he can keep Lucic honest. He tends to run around at will whenever he faces the Leafs.

Delicious Dangles*

While it's nice they don't have to face Chara, who do they have to keep Lucic in check?
Lucic has been pretty bad this year.

They can't afford Lucic just running around on that line anymore either, now that they don't really have anybody on the other side.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
It'll be interesting to see just how big a part of their team he is.

On paper, their blueline looks pretty much awful without him.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

They can't afford Lucic just running around on that line anymore either, now that they don't really have anybody on the other side.

The game plan should be to skate this time right into the ice. Speed,speed and more speed.

J1S

May 12, 2014
It'll be interesting to watch the Bruins without Zdeno for the next month or so.
#thrilledforphil

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
This is great news. No Chara or Boychuk. These Bruins are as soft as they're going to be for a while so the Leafs need to get at them quick.
And I completely agree about bring the goon-squad up for this game. It's not like the 4th line gets played anyway.
If Lucic starts running wild, put Orr up with Santo and Leo and let him chase Lucic around all night.
Phil's got this.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Polak. I guarantee he won't be thrown to the ice like Gunnar was in the 2012 playoffs. Which helped spark the Bruins' comeback, IMO.

Man, that image will never leave me when I think about Gunnar. And that happened to him on a few occasions, where he would just get dummied in his own zone where guys would throw up him down like a baby. That's why I like the trade because Polak is a beast to play against, the opposite of Gunnar.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I want the Leafs to learn how to beat the Bruins with Chara in the lineup!

They need to be able to do what the Habs are able to do against them!

However, it'll be an opportunity for Kessel, to show what he can do without wearing Chara as costume jewelery! Let's see what you've got Kessel. It's all on you Saturday night buddy. You better get the job done!

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

Love to see Komarov catch him early then Lucic can spend the rest of the game chasing him around. He seems like such a tool.

TheThrill81*

Rask as also been average...

Expect a shutout!

Just like we should've expected Colorado to go on a scoring spree after a slow start to the season? Or that the Islanders would get a blowout win vs the Leafs?

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

It's so easy to throw Lucic off his game these days, just look how the Habs did it. Agitate the hell out of him and then skate circles around him. He's just coming off wrist surgery so he's not fighting. Teams know this and have been using it to their advantage.

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
Love to see Komarov catch him early then Lucic can spend the rest of the game chasing him around. He seems like such a tool.

or maybe Cody will remember he's 6-5 and 215, and nail Lucic on the boards. After watching Cody drop Chara in that last game against Boston last year, I began to see what Randy sees in Cody - I just wish he brought in every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad