Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs - Sat Oct. 25 CBC

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Just don't single handily get beat by Krejci like you did Zetterberg a week ago.

Krecji plays his best games against Toronto, I hate him.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
I do not hate Chara, he is a great player, I respect him immensely. We don't have to hate players from other teams, but I get you. He has been a thorn in his side, and I would never wish harm on a player of his ilk.

I don't hate Chara at all. He's incredibly frustrating because he has done just about everything right defence, offence and incredibly tough without being a complete ass. Glad to see him out, although I don't think he had been as omnipotent last year. But the Leafs have to not focus on who's not there and go after Dougie hard, because that's who the Bruins are going to look to step up in Zees absence.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
I don't hate Chara at all. He's incredibly frustrating because he has done just about everything right defence, offence and incredibly tough without being a complete ass. Glad to see him out, although I don't think he had been as omnipotent last year. But the Leafs have to not focus on who's not there and go after Dougie hard, because that's who the Bruins are going to look to step up in Zees absence.
Amazing player really... real dominant. Plays so strong and still gets respect. I have respect for his winnings as a player.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
They played just fine after losing bigZ. They are still good.

They've lost something they can't replace but it just might wake up the other guys who were going through the motions.
We will see.
Either way these are the situations the Leafs have to put teams away in. And then not lose to Buffalo the next game.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
You don't want to engage Lucic physically.
You either want to keep him sleeping so he lumbers around ineffective or get him fighting mad without fighting so he goes crazy and takes himself out of the game. You want to out skate him and frustrate him with what he can't catch.
I expect a big game from Gardiner who always seems to play like a Norris trophy D against them.
Yeah I've noticed that with gardiner. He elevates his play during these games and easily looks like our best player.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Let's get this game going on and I hope we finally realize this dion and franson pairing will be the end of us if we are going to keep them. I am also meeting all my bruin boys along with my best friend and I....hopefully the leafs don't disappoint!

XxJammingxX

Mar 5, 2014
Going to the game tomorrow, hoping for a big win here. If we don't though, my seats are good enough I can throw a jersey onto the ice :sarcasm:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
So who will win? Other teams in the Atlantic division, whether they're hoping to lead the division or just hoping for a playoff spot, care about who wins this game..

yideboit

Aug 5, 2010
this will be one hell of an emotional start to a game

3 cities coordinating memorials and honouring heroes

i'm excited for the game but words cannot describe what will be felt during those ceremonies

i'm sure don cherry's piece will make more than a few eyes misty as well

of a more positive note, i fully expect phil to light them up sans-chara

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
It'll be interesting to see just how big a part of their team he is.

On paper, their blueline looks pretty much awful without him.

Current defenders will move up a slot.

Boston seem to have a good team defense scheme and track record.

Plus, this might give another defender in their system a chance to step up. Wonder who (young defender) they have in their system that could make a contribution when one of their stars is out of the lineup?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Phil Kessel should feast on the Bruins without Chara.

Leafs game plan was often to try and get Kessel away from Chara and today Carlyle can send him out freely to do damage.

As Kessel goes the Leafs go.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i want us to win, but please let Bergeron get a goal. :D I need it for my league

Simcoe23

Feb 2, 2011
Going to the game tonight. Looking forward to paying my respect during the pre-game. Im hoping that since its a weekend game and an original 6 opponent there will be less suits and more fans there- nothing more irritating then the start of a period and the first 20 rows are empty.

Not gonna lie- glad Chara is out as he plays us tough all the time. Cant stand him- I think he is one of the dirtiest players in the league- but Id take him on my team.

I really want to see Kadri have a good game, at home, against a divisional opponent. That line needs to have a good offensive night and I'm also looking forward to seeing the 3rd line frustrate and generate cycle down low without the 6'9" beast clearing the corners for the Bruins.

Go Leafs!

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Chara being out makes the Bruins a lot easier especially on Kessel. Chara has effectively nullified his game since he's been traded. Hopefully Kess eats his old team alive.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Let's come out firing on all cylinders. Beat them at their game. I have a good feeling about this. The rest will only help.

Even with Chara, the Bruins don't intimidate me as much as they used to.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Screw your league!

Exactly, I have no patience for supposed Leaf fans who want opposition players earning points against our Leafs! :shakehead

I don't enter these type of pools because I don't want to cheer for any player to get points against my Leafs! :nod:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Seriously, the Bruins have some AHL scrub (Seth Griffith) on their top line.

If hasn't already scored his 1st NHL goal, chances are, he gets it against us, as per usual! :p:

The Leafs are slump busters and history makers for opposition players! :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad