Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs - Sat Oct. 25 CBC

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
We need the fans to get behind the team in this one.

Tired of the notion that the team must play better, the job of the fans is to elevate the team.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Tired of the notion that the team must play better, the job of the fans is to elevate the team.

Huh. Interesting, I like to think that it's the players job to play hard and if they do, the fans will be behind them. Effort is all I ask for.

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
I'm excited for this one. I'm hoping to see how much the Bruins have regressed and if their age is catching up to them. We need to make a statement in this game that we are not a joke and are serious.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
weird stuff from boston so far. their possession numvers are through the roof tgis year byt rask has sucked hard.

i would have expected the reverse to be true.

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach

Touche. :handclap: And no I am not just old school, but when the team plays better on the road it is very telling that they are too tense at home- afraid they are going to disappoint their fans and critics. Let's support them for a change.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
the fans at the acc go to the games with the intention of supporting the team, the players level of compete predicts the rest.

From my experience Boston is the only Team that before the puck is dropped the fans in the building are expecting the worse. It's an odd atmosphere.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Should be a tough one for the Leafs. Hopefully they can go into hostile territory and pull out a win. If they don't score first - and fast, the Bruins will have the crowd behind them.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

Can't expect the fans to cheer for a team that is playing like absolute JUNK!

Show some effort, and enthusiasm, and the fans will cheer you on! Playing like dogs will only get you howls (boos)!

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
For Seguin/Peverly/Kessel Boston returned - after all was said and done:
Smith, Hamilton, Morrow, Eriksson, Knight, Fraser

That's pretty rough eh?

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Can't expect the fans to cheer for a team that is playing like absolute JUNK!

Show some effort, and enthusiasm, and the fans will cheer you on! Playing like dogs will only get you howls (boos)!

They have had 2 bad games this year, what's the excuse for the others? Even when we play well it isn't that great. Just an idea, and I know it's crazy, but why not put energy into the building right away and hope the team responds? Do you want them to do well or do you want them to owe you? I'd prefer to have fun and make some noise, hoping the team takes that energy and runs, rather than sitting on my hands waiting for something good to happen.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
They have had 2 bad games this year, what's the excuse for the others? Even when we play well it isn't that great. Just an idea, and I know it's crazy, but why not put energy into the building right away and hope the team responds? Do you want them to do well or do you want them to owe you? I'd prefer to have fun and make some noise, hoping the team takes that energy and runs, rather than sitting on my hands waiting for something good to happen.

The building was good against the Avs.

Many wouldn't consider just sitting there making noise fun. You have to consider a large percentage in attendance go often and can sit and enjoy watching the game unfold.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
The building was good against the Avs.

Many wouldn't consider just sitting there making noise fun. You have to consider a large percentage in attendance go often and can sit and enjoy watching the game unfold.

I go pretty often and yet I make noise. Fans in other arenas go often and they make noise. People complain about the atmosphere yet they do nothing about it.

That said I do not think it is as bad as many make it out to be, but it cold be much better,

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I go pretty often and yet I make noise. Fans in other arenas go often and they make noise. People complain about the atmosphere yet they do nothing about it.

That said I do not think it is as bad as many make it out to be, but it cold be much better,

I've been to other Arena's that are quieter than the ACC.
From what I've seen the ones who complain are the ones who say they make noise, like yourself.

The ACC for the most part is an older more cerebral crowd, they don't make noise for the sake of it. I certainly don't.

Eddie Livingstone

May 25, 2014
Porquis Junction
K the fans have nothing to do with how we play. Just another excuse. Sure cheering and booing affects the atmosphere but these guys are sapposed to be professionals. In no way does it effect their play. We could cheer and chant go leafs go all game and the lack of effort and terrible system will still be there.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I've been to other Arena's that are quieter than the ACC.
From what I've seen the ones who complain are the ones who say they make noise, like yourself.

The ACC for the most part is an older more cerebral crowd, they don't make noise for the sake of it. I certainly don't.

If you go through my post history I tend to stick up for the ACC crowd, but Lupul makes a good point, other Arenas tend to be more energetic.

I'm not sure if you are saying I don't make noise... not sure the point of that accusation. It isn't for no reason, it is to be part of the created experience of the game. The best in arena experience I have ever had was at ACC and it was the Raps playoff games, now that was a crowd!

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
K the fans have nothing to do with how we play. Just another excuse. Sure cheering and booing affects the atmosphere but these guys are sapposed to be professionals. In no way does it effect their play. We could cheer and chant go leafs go all game and the lack of effort and terrible system will still be there.

Clearly you have never played a sport in front of any sort of crowd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad