Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs - Sat Oct. 25 CBC

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Chara should really rest on Saturday. Missing 1 game is better than playing 1 and missing 5!!

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
left knee it looked like. Tavares went down hard but chara got the worst of it. Kessel just might like the news ha.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
$50 American (Canadian) dollars says that Kessel gets a natural hatty

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
The Avs and Red Wings have been the two dirtiest teams this year. Hell, I'd rank the Avs at the top. Landeskog and Johnson taking runs at everyone while McLeod tries to blow everyone's knees out.

The Bruins, I can respect because they can at least back up what they dish out and play, for the most part, a tough, but fair and honest game. Apart from Marchand and Lucic, as well as Chara on occasion. They can go **** themselves.

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
The Avs and Red Wings have been the two dirtiest teams this year. Hell, I'd rank the Avs at the top. Landeskog and Johnson taking runs at everyone while McLeod tries to blow everyone's knees out.

The Bruins, I can respect because they can at least back up what they dish out and play, for the most part, a tough, but fair and honest game. Apart from Marchand and Lucic, as well as Chara on occasion. They can go **** themselves.

Quincey from the Red Wings is a very dirty player. Goes in carelessly and dangerously into players. He slammed Kozun into the wall with his leg behind him, and had many more incidents where i cringed but i cant remember specifically.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Chara out 3-4 weeks.

We play them twice in that span

We better get at least 3/4 points there. There really shouldnt be any excuse for next home game.

Chara won't be on Kessel...our team needs to win. That defense outside of Hamilton and Seidenberg is horrible and even Seidenberg has been **** to start the season.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I certainly have. I've been cheered and booed. My heads in the game, not worrying about the crowd. Do we honestly believe this is a problem?

Please tell me you're joking.... You're really comparing whatever level you got booed at (probably beer league) to virtually having no home games playing in the NHL ?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Id agree with that. Boston plays tough, Detroit plays dirty.

They get away with it too. Yeah Boston is just coming with it and they back it up. Detroit are so slimeeee. I would run kronwall hard all night and play physically clean on them.

Referees let them get away with to much.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Fun fact is that Boston has the 2nd most expensive home game tickets next to us. Interesting, thought it was New York or Montreal.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Great, leave it to the year of the 2015 draft for the Bruins to **** the bed.

All we need now is for them to get another star.

ThrillinPhil

Tdot.
Jan 9, 2011
There is no excuse to lose this game. Boston lost to the team we beat days ago and no Chara

I say 3-0 Leafs. Bernier is due for a shutout

Rayban*

Apr 21, 2013
Ottawa
For Chara its 4-6 weeks until they can evaluate whether he needs surgery. It sounds like it could potentially be a lot longer.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Have yet to win on HNIC.

Now we are predicting big wins against the Bruins cause they are missing Chara.

:shakehead

If we can squeak out a 2 - 1 I will be thrilled.

Tyler Biggs*

Loving the third line, Clarkson is playing great, Komarov is everything we were missing last year. Gives guys like Kessel, JVR and Bozak room to breathe. Carlyle is matching our third line up with other teams first lines giving our first line time with units other then first lines. Looking very good. All we need now is a solid D core.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Still a tough game to play even without Chara. It will really depend on which Leaf team shows up.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
The Bruins are going to get a little peek into the future when Chara is gone. Should be interesting to see how good/bad their defense and goaltending will be without him considering every aspect of their game revolves around him.

GalacticaActual

Mar 23, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
Polak/Robidas/Phaneuf/Komarov/Clarkson/Santorelli/Winnick... now is your time to shine. I bet dollars to Tim Horton's Cruellers that they are going to play with great physicality on Saturday.

Delicious Dangles*

Pittsburgh sat back on a two goal lead. We aren't the only team guilty of it.
No, no. You must be mistaken. That can't be.

I've talked with people around here. They say we are the only team to go through those struggles. I'm sure they were being honest and don't have some obvious agenda.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Polak/Robidas/Phaneuf/Komarov/Clarkson/Santorelli/Winnick... now is your time to shine. I bet dollars to Tim Horton's Cruellers that they are going to play with great physicality on Saturday.

Hopefully with Santorelli flanking Kadri's right side and swapping draws. Santorelli's earned it and it might push Kadri, know that he now has a capable center playing up with him who is a good, responsible, physical playmaker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad