Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Blidh and Postma were returned to the AHL from their emergency loans but then tonight, Cap Friendly has both recalled to the NHL-non emergency.

This seems to indicate longer injury time for Chara and DeBrusk.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Blidh and Postma were returned to the AHL from their emergency loans but then tonight, Cap Friendly has both recalled to the NHL-non emergency.

This seems to indicate longer injury time for Chara and DeBrusk.
Yep, Blidh and Postma are on the roster on the Bruins app

:(

Reactions: 00BW

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
David Backes injured late in first period of Bruins game - The Boston Globe

TAMPA — Promoted to first-line center for Saturday night’s game against the Lightning, veteran Bruins forward David Backes exited the ice with what appeared to be a laceration high to his right leg with 21 seconds remaining in the first period after a pileup at the Tampa Bay net.

Backes, 33, straightened up from his fall in the crease and skated straight to the Boston bench in obvious pain, gesturing urgently toward trainer Don DelNegro all the way across the ice. DelNegro met him at the bench and the two hurried to the dressing room.

Teammate Torey Krug, speaking to 98.5 The Sports Hub between periods, said, “Scary, man,” when asked about Backes’s injury.

“Any time you see a cut like that and a lot of blood — it’s a scary thing.”

As Backes raced to the Boston bench upon being injured, blood was visible, seeping through his stocking near his right knee. His reaction, particularly his urgency to seek aid, led onlookers in the press box and in the radio booth to believe he suffered a laceration.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
David Backes suffers deep cut in Bruins win
The team announced later that he had suffered a laceration above the knee and he did not return. There’s no timetable yet for a return, but the feeling was that it could have been a lot worse.
“He’s good,” said coach Bruce Cassidy. “I went in and saw him in between periods..no structural damage. Obviously there’ll be concern going forward about swelling and infection. I don’t want to say he dodged a bullet because it’s an unfortunate accident but it looks like he’ll be OK. From there, I don’t know. I don’t have an update. We’ll see ho he is (today) and we’ll classify him as day-to-day but other than that I don’t know if he’d be ready for Monday (for the home game against Columbus).”
Backes was walking stiff-legged but without crutches after the game. He did not speak to reporters.

Last edited:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I don't think he is close at all. Once they consider him ok he is going to need seven to ten days to practice etc.

When you consider that he played the rest of that game and actually tried to go the next game, that’s amazing. Hope he gets back soon, but they can’t rush him. Hopefully he can get a few games in before the playoffs to get back up to speed

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
When you consider that he played the rest of that game and actually tried to go the next game, that’s amazing. Hope he gets back soon, but they can’t rush him. Hopefully he can get a few games in before the playoffs to get back up to speed
Yep, five periods played on a busted foot. My guess is he comes back after the next road trip. Maybe he can at least travel on that one since he's not on crutches anymore

Reactions: Chief Nine

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
--While winning the division would be nice and getting players back would help the cause immensely, we can't loose focus of the bigger picture. I think I would forgo home ice advantage for the entire playoffs if it mean't that we could ice a fully healthy team. That would be a bigger advantage than home ice IMO. Let Bergy, McAvoy, Krug, Chara , Debrusk and Backes take all the time they need and then some, as long as we can ice a healthy (and let's not forget , well rested ) team for the PO's.

spylogic3

Sep 1, 2006
Reactions: BMC

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
--While winning the division would be nice and getting players back would help the cause immensely, we can't loose focus of the bigger picture. I think I would forgo home ice advantage for the entire playoffs if it mean't that we could ice a fully healthy team. That would be a bigger advantage than home ice IMO. Let Bergy, McAvoy, Krug, Chara , Debrusk and Backes take all the time they need and then some, as long as we can ice a healthy (and let's not forget , well rested ) team for the PO's.
Agree but I hoe they are all back in time to play the last 3-4 games minimum to get back to game shape/speed. I’d be really worried if the big 3 injured came back just in time for game 1.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Agree but I hoe they are all back in time to play the last 3-4 games minimum to get back to game shape/speed. I’d be really worried if the big 3 injured came back just in time for game 1.

I agree with you and I am guessing as of now Charlie is probably most at risk to come back exactly at playoff time . I can't imagine any other guy not getting games in .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad