Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Recalls aren’t a good sign for the injured three.

Hoping all are minor/day to day type issues.

I think this team needs to stay ahead of the Leafs so hopefully they can keep winning even with the long injury list.

Sweeney was smart to pick up depth.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It's not a HIPPA violation, because, unlike a "covered entity" like a health insurance plan or health care provider, employers (like the NHL, the Bruins, and their coaches) aren't bound by HIPPA.

Why isn’t the NFL’s injury reports a HIPAA violation? | Patrick Peterson's Blog

The key is who's giving out the info. Coaches have some leeway. Doctors and people on the Bruins rehab staff? Not so much, unless it's with the explicit consent of the player.

The NFL gives way more information on player injuries, and they generally don't get into HIPPA problems when they issue weekly reports. That said, I'm sure there are some clauses in the CBA between the NHL/NHLPA that discusses injuries and how they are to be reported to the media. For example, concussions are almost always explicitly reported...eventually.

A work pet peeve: Everybody does this, but it's HIPAA, not HIPPA

Sorry to be that person *exits OCD HR weenie mode* :laugh:

Hope it's not serious for any of them. :confused: Playoffs are getting closer

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins call up Anton Blidh and Paul Postma from Providence - The Boston Globe

DeBrusk appeared to suffer a shoulder injury when he banged into the boards late in the second period in Raleigh.

Chara and Krug both were injured in the third period and were not on the ice for any of the five consecutive goals the Bruins scored to overcome a 4-1 deficit for their most dramatic comeback win of the season.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
When a team get handed a gauntlet stretch of games to finish before playoffs You have to question why that is.Saw this coming a mile away and so did the League in my mind.

Reactions: nfld77

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Better all these injuries now. Hopefully, they are all healthy and ready to go for the start of the playoffs in about 1 month.

That is the thing.No one can be sure cause teams hide it.Only now that Matthews returning that Leafs let it out he had separated shoulder.Hope your right .

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
When a team get handed a gauntlet stretch of games to finish before playoffs You have to question why that is.Saw this coming a mile away and so did the League in my mind.

Celtics share building with Bruins so why did they have games in hand on most teams all season while Bruins were just opposite. I know Raptors had 5/6 games in hand awhile back.. Plus I'm almost certain this was a problem last season, pile of games to make up in the end..Bruins were all season with the least amount of games played in all the league. Funny how it always seems to happen to Boston. Just so damn frustrating, especially now with all those injuries..Bruins can pull to within 2 points of TB and they have to play them Saturday...Being healthy is the most important thing but would be nice to play wildcard team instead of Leafs 1st round BUT NOT top priority..

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
It's not a HIPPA violation, because, unlike a "covered entity" like a health insurance plan or health care provider, employers (like the NHL, the Bruins, and their coaches) aren't bound by HIPPA.

Why isn’t the NFL’s injury reports a HIPAA violation? | Patrick Peterson's Blog

The key is who's giving out the info. Coaches have some leeway. Doctors and people on the Bruins rehab staff? Not so much, unless it's with the explicit consent of the player.

The NFL gives way more information on player injuries, and they generally don't get into HIPPA problems when they issue weekly reports. That said, I'm sure there are some clauses in the CBA between the NHL/NHLPA that discusses injuries and how they are to be reported to the media. For example, concussions are almost always explicitly reported...eventually.

I know for sure none of my employers have ever been able to violate it

But if some employers are, that's definitely something that needs a fix

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It's good they keep it secret. For one it violates hippa. Two, plenty of players in the league will target injured players/target that area of their body.

The Patriots way is best in this case
I agree completely. Frustrating as a fan, but I totally understand why they do it and agree with it.

I think if we got full reports all the time it’d be horrifying. Always amazed after teams get eliminated what a MASH unit each NHL team is.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
How much more spread out would this last stretch be if we didn't have to worry about the bye week? It's a useless concept if a team has to play this much hockey in the last month of the season.

Reactions: Bruinaura

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
It at least means Krug didn’t get further injured and will be playing.

I would have kept them through Sat though if Debrusk and Chara are “no god” what if somebody gets sick or hurt in practice?

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
its nice with some of these mandatory injury "rests," but in the back of my mind i worry about what toll it takes on the rest of the roster working that much harder to make up for the loss of some of our better players. with the playoffs pretty much locked up i would love to see a carousel of "emergency," call ups to give guys a game off or two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->