Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
slowly getting our players back home ice is important in this wild to be 1st round, still got good chance to catch TB,but bruins should concentrate to be fresh and healthy,for playoffs go bruins go:thumbu:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I'm worried about Chara, but also worried about McAvoy - what's the deal with him? I want him healthy sooner rather than later....

As far as Bergeron, they might take him on the trip not with the intention of him playing, but with the intention of getting some practice in. I remember thinking 6 weeks (my wild-ass guess/hope as to when he'd almost definitely be ready to play) put him out to almost exactly the end of the season, but 4 weeks is a reasonable time to at least reevaluate him. It's probably easier for him to hop (literally and/or figuratively) on Bear Force One on Tuesday rather than to fly commercial to catch up with the team whenever he's actually ready to practice.
Fractures take about 4-6 weeks to heal so your guesstimate sounds about right.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Now Rick Nash is injured? Yikes.

If everyone's injuries heal in time for playoffs then all of the key players should be well rested and ready to go.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
They were pretty fortunate up until these last few weeks injury wise then BAM.

Jeez. Gotta get/stay healthy, boys!

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
This is what happens when you have a team playing every 2nd night for almost 2 months trying to catch up with rest of the league in games played..Boston was dead last all season in games played. Wasnt this the same problem last season?? I pray this is a blessing in disguise and by playoffs, we have a well rested team or at least half the team.. Hope Quaider is ok, he's been really good for us since Z went down..

Reactions: Ladyfan

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Toucher and Rich show thinking they are just resting Chara for the playoffs.. Sound reasonable at all with all the injuries? Krug looks like he is headed out soon too.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Chara is day to day, won’t play Wednesday.
Rick Nash upper body injury (unknown)

Thank you my friend, much appreciated..Surprised by Nash cause I thought he played all the TB game.. Hopefully nothing too serious. How many times have we said that since March came in,"Hope it's not too serious"..Thanks again sir!!

Reactions: sooshii

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Toucher and Rich show thinking they are just resting Chara for the playoffs.. Sound reasonable at all with all the injuries? Krug looks like he is headed out soon too.

Personally I cant see it, not with all those injuries. I realize having a healthy team is most important BUT if Bruins could finish first, they would have home ice likely right through the playoffs, get to play wildcard team albeit every team is dangerous. But Leafs are playing some really good hockey of late and they'll be well rested up. I'd like for Bruins to avoid them 1st round even though I think they would win series, especially if we get all the injured back.

I put most of the blame on the schedule for all those injuries. Bruins legged behind all season in games played. 31st all season and I believe it was similar last year and look at the injured we had going into the playoffs. It cost us the series against Ottawa and look how far they went.. I'm so damn tired of all those injuries. I tell you one thing: If all hands are back for Post Season, there's gonna be a darn good team sitting out. And now with Donato making one heck of an impression his first game..Would be a nice problem to have..

Reactions: TP

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Can't see Chara sitting for an exaggerated injury. He left a game, I think T&R are wrong on this one although I would not care if they rested the big man.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think the injury is legit and they want it to heal as much as possible. I think as long as the team is winning without him he will remain injured (I have the feeling if this was the playoffs he would be playing).

But no reason to rush any of the injured back as long as the team is winning most of the games. Gives the depth some games played and it gives Chara some rest.

McAvoy is who I am worried may not be healthy for round one.

Team said 4 weeks and that is very close to the end of the season.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
so if we ever get a healthy forward group is this what we will go with in the playoffs..
marchand-bergy-pasta
debrusk-krejci-nash
donato-backes-heinen
kuraly-nash- wingels/acciari/gionta

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
so if we ever get a healthy forward group is this what we will go with in the playoffs..
marchand-bergy-pasta
debrusk-krejci-nash
donato-backes-heinen
kuraly-nash- wingels/acciari/gionta

Something like that-I think that much competition will be good for the team. If a player half asses it Cassidy can replace them without hurting the team. All those guys will want to be a part of the playoffs, and anyone who thinks they can float will be watching a game or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad