Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean13

May 15, 2010
Cali
FWIW...My niece is on spring break and just bumped into Chara and took a picture with him. Of course, he could still have an undisclosed injury, but she said he wasn't limping.

Reactions: Ladyfan

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Ya especially the way Debrusk plays. So hopefully your right and its something minor.

Krug and Big Z. lets just hope it was precautionary but I wouldn't mind seeing big Z getting some games off down the stretch and have him well rested and healthy for the playoffs after-all the Bruins do have 8 NHL defensman.

They should take advantage of them now and get their top players rested and healthy for hopefully a long playoff run.:thumbu:

As you might imagine, Z is not a fan of sitting for some rest. He needs it, true, but also makes a valid point that if you sit for too long, it's difficult to reacclimate to the speed & pace of the game upon return.

Reactions: TCB

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
FWIW...My niece is on spring break and just bumped into Chara and took a picture with him. Of course, he could still have an undisclosed injury, but she said he wasn't limping.
UNVERIFIED SOURCE, ... ban and behead!!!

I personally saw and spoke with Seguin on St Patty's day in 2013 after the game where he broke a knuckle and won in the shoutout. he had a cast on and said he had a broken knuckle.. I posted it here and got tarred and feathered and deducted $7,000 HF Bucks.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
As you might imagine, Z is not a fan of sitting for some rest. He needs it, true, but also makes a valid point that if you sit for too long, it's difficult to reacclimate to the speed & pace of the game upon return.

I agree with this 100%. I've been preaching "at least they can rest", and I can actually see some of this in a sort of positive light. That is, as long as the injured players are back before playoffs. I bet Bergeron will be back on the cusp of the playoffs...I'd like him back for at least 3-4 games before, but I also want him healthy, preferably with both feet working and no lungs punctured.

But Z's kind of an odd case. I really think he thrives on playing, and with his conditioning, the season doesn't seem to take a toll on him like it does on other players. I want him back ASAP. Preferably kept down to 22 minutes or so, but playing only helps him.

I'm glad/puzzled that there were no call ups. Isn't there some kind of "emergency call up" rule? Are we in that time period yet? Maybe they're going to hope that everyone's okay, and hobble though, saving call ups for later, if they really need them.

C0ach B0mbay

Sep 14, 2009
Boston
exactly.
We should rest guys and keep the 2nd place. As long as we have home ice in round 1 we will be fine.

Home ice looks like it matters a ton vs. TOR. Not as much vs. TB. Selfishly though, I'd love them to get home ice.

Picture1.png

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Not good, but could be worse- Blidh will be okay on the 4th line if needed and Postma, though I haven't liked him much this year, is at least an NHL defenseman. We had McQuaid and Wingels scratched last game, so this might only be insurance for the road trip and neither guy will play :dunno:

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I miss the old days when injury reports were not the top secret that they are in today's sports environment.

I'll wait for an official injury report before I get worried about the walking wounded.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I miss the old days when injury reports were not the top secret that they are in today's sports environment.

I'll wait for an official injury report before I get worried about the walking wounded.

It's good they keep it secret. For one it violates hippa. Two, plenty of players in the league will target injured players/target that area of their body.

The Patriots way is best in this case

Reactions: Thrive

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
It's good they keep it secret. For one it violates hippa. Two, plenty of players in the league will target injured players/target that area of their body.

The Patriots way is best in this case

Oh definitely I understand why it is done.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
It's not a HIPPA violation, because, unlike a "covered entity" like a health insurance plan or health care provider, employers (like the NHL, the Bruins, and their coaches) aren't bound by HIPPA.

Why isn’t the NFL’s injury reports a HIPAA violation? | Patrick Peterson's Blog

The key is who's giving out the info. Coaches have some leeway. Doctors and people on the Bruins rehab staff? Not so much, unless it's with the explicit consent of the player.

The NFL gives way more information on player injuries, and they generally don't get into HIPPA problems when they issue weekly reports. That said, I'm sure there are some clauses in the CBA between the NHL/NHLPA that discusses injuries and how they are to be reported to the media. For example, concussions are almost always explicitly reported...eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad