Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Liles slowly works his way back from concussion
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...-concussion/WNktu88FmpLXORxB1gpCMP/story.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Like all concussion sufferers, John-Michael Liles has good days and bad.

The worst took place at TD Garden Nov. 27. During a race for the puck, the Bruins defenseman got tangled up with Tampa Bay’s Ben Bishop, lost his footing, and slammed into the end boards, sustaining a concussion that has left him unable to play since then.

“It’s an unfortunate break how it happened,†Liles said. “It’s not a hit or anything like that. Lose an edge, go into the boards, go in at the wrong angle at the wrong speed. There it is.â€

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Good for his health, but don't really see a need for him on the ice anymore. Get healthy and just in case multiple bodies go down.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Backes injury looked serious, possibly a concussion. He's been healthy during most of his career but the wear and tear are catching up to him as he turns 30. Hoping he's not out too long as his presence and experience will be missed.

Who gets the call up? Or do they roll with the usual suspects, Nash, Schaller and Jimmy?

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Backes injury looked serious, possibly a concussion. He's been healthy during most of his career but the wear and tear are catching up to him as he turns 30. Hoping he's not out too long as his presence and experience will be missed.

Who gets the call up? Or do they roll with the usual suspects, Nash, Schaller and Jimmy?

Yeah Hayes probably gets back in ,do they really have anyone in Providence to call up.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
How many concussions does Backes have? I know he suffered one in the Blues/Hawks playoff series years ago. I would like to see the Bruins sign Mueller to a 2 way contract and give him a shot. He has size and can score and is a vet, Claude seems to only want more older players anyways. Better option then Hayes and he is in house, so try it. If it does not work send him back down and then you know he is not worth another look.

2 before

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Any updates on Backes and how much time he will miss? I'm assuming we wont find out until a week or so?

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Sorry to hear about Backes, unfortunately he is reaching critical mass on concussions pretty quickly the last couple years

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
You could hear someone screaming from the bench " D, heads up! " before the hit. It's pretty obvious that Backes wasn't expecting the hit to come from behind him.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Injury thread ---should be pointed out that Carrier's hand "injury" only lasted the 1 game, which was the rematch against Boston where he would have to face McQuaid.

Amazing, I'm not sure I remember a hand injury only being 1 game before as it always seems to be weeks. Very convenient for Carrier.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Injury thread ---should be pointed out that Carrier's hand "injury" only lasted the 1 game, which was the rematch against Boston where he would have to face McQuaid.

Amazing, I'm not sure I remember a hand injury only being 1 game before as it always seems to be weeks. Very convenient for Carrier.

Once the trembling in his hands subsided they figured he was healthy enough to play again.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
Backes is backes to practice today in a white jersey with spooner and DK

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

It is that wimp injury....

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins forward David Backes, diagnosed over the weekend with a concussion and told by doctors to remain home and to avoid texting, was back in uniform Wednesday for a late-morning practice in Brighton.

Backes, 34, was concussed last Thursday in Buffalo when felled by Sabres winger William Carrier with an illegal hit to the head late in the first period.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...with-bruins/2pCv0ffYrfXfqdBktheItJ/story.html

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
haha this morning I read the quote about him being told not to text or watch TV and my heart sunk. Then a couple hours later I see that he's practicing and cleared for contact. Concussions are weird. Anyway really glad to see him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->