Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
They have 26 bodies with 2 on IR and 1 on LTIR.
Spooner can be activated tomorrow (Wednesday) at the earliest and if so, a body needs to go down.
McQuaid looks to be the next one ready, and that requires a body to go down and will probably happen by December 19 (holiday roster freeze).
And finally Cehlarik, who, when activated, requires a body to go down (if it's not himself).

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
They have 26 bodies with 2 on IR and 1 on LTIR.
Spooner can be activated tomorrow (Wednesday) at the earliest and if so, a body needs to go down.
McQuaid looks to be the next one ready, and that requires a body to go down and will probably happen by December 19 (holiday roster freeze).
And finally Cehlarik, who, when activated, requires a body to go down (if it's not himself).

If Sweeney is going by the actual performance on the ice, it should be Beleskey and maybe Postma who get sent down. I doubt that Postma would make it through the waiver wire though.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
who can be sent down without getting claimed?
I like cehlarik on this team. He's probably our best passer in my opinion. I dont want him going down if he's healthy.

Gryz should stay in this lineup as well. The 3 R's 3 L's they have on D now are playing great. I think McQuaid is a healthy scratch.
spooner beleskey and schaller are my scratches. I would send postma bjork down to the minors assuming bjork cant be claimed.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Guys currently in Boston who are waiver-exempt: Bjork, Carlo, Cehalrik, DeBrusk, Grzelcyk, Heinen, Kuraly, and McAvoy.

If the choice is losing Acciari or Vatrano or sending one of the kids down, I send a kid down. Ideally I want both Bjork and Cehlarik up but Bjork would still progress playing first line minutes in providence and Cehlarik is coming back from an injury so he's an easy choice

Sweeney needs to find a home for one of Vatrano, Schaller, Spooner asap so he doesn't lose them for nothing and or keep having to send kids down when they really don't deserve that

I'd see if anyone will take spooner for another prospect that could use a change of scenery and or a pick

I'd take a 3rd for Vatrano and a 5th for schaller

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
If the choice is losing Acciari or Vatrano or sending one of the kids down, I send a kid down. Ideally I want both Bjork and Cehlarik up but Bjork would still progress playing first line minutes in providence and Cehlarik is coming back from an injury so he's an easy choice

Sweeney needs to find a home for one of Vatrano, Schaller, Spooner asap so he doesn't lose them for nothing and or keep having to send kids down when they really don't deserve that

I'd see if anyone will take spooner for another prospect that could use a change of scenery and or a pick

I'd take a 3rd for Vatrano and a 5th for schaller

Beleskey should be the obvious choice. He has no path whatsoever to playing time.

Reactions: Zillah

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Ryan Spooner will travel with Bruins to Detroit - The Boston Globe

Ryan Spooner, who has been on injured reserve with a groin injury, practiced with the Bruins Tuesday and will travel to Detroit for Wednesday’s game against the Red Wings.
But he remains day to day, and might not be activated. At practice, he centered an extra line between Matt Beleskey and Frank Vatrano.
“We’ll decide tomorrow,” said coach Bruce Cassidy. “We just don’t want to go backwards again. We’ve had a couple stops and starts with that one. We’re going, to the best of our ability, to try and manage that so we’re going forward and not getting r

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Beleskey should be the obvious choice. He has no path whatsoever to playing time.

Unrelated to your post note in my previous post, I meant losing those guys for nothing*

Totally on 39 but I recall Dom mentioning it wouldn't be a good way to develop and or continue a good relationship with the agent, finding a deal makes more sense

So if sweeneys only option is trade Beleskey but also a decent to good prospect just to get someone to take him, you weight that out compared to sending him down or buying him out. I'd look at who the agent also has if it's truly a problem and if he might have any guys you're bringing along

I think spooner could get something and he would be a good target for a trade if I'm Sweeney thinking long term

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Unrelated to your post note in my previous post, I meant losing those guys for nothing*

Totally on 39 but I recall Dom mentioning it wouldn't be a good way to develop and or continue a good relationship with the agent, finding a deal makes more sense

i'm sure murray kuntz has canvassed the league looking for a home for beleskey (maybe spooner too - same agent). but what kind
of deal is available? i'm sure a few teams are happy to rob us blind by taking beleskey off our hands. the easiest course of action is
to let him play in providence, buy him out in june, and let him pick a destination for himself for short money. we'll see if sweeney
has the stones to make that move, since it's the only one that makes sense (barring a trade, which based on his track record since
the lucic/hamilton bombshells, seems even more unlikely).

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
i'm sure murray kuntz has canvassed the league looking for a home for beleskey (maybe spooner too - same agent). but what kind
of deal is available? i'm sure a few teams are happy to rob us blind by taking beleskey off our hands. the easiest course of action is
to let him play in providence, buy him out in june, and let him pick a destination for himself for short money. we'll see if sweeney
has the stones to make that move, since it's the only one that makes sense (barring a trade, which based on his track record since

I believe Sweeney and MK are at the least, as close as can be.

Jared Knight was also an MK client and DS did them a solid by trading him to Minnesota. Then of course Beleskey signs here and then DS avoids taking Spooner to arbitration and signs him to his current deal.

I believe those are the last 3 MK clients with the Bruins. And I don't believe the 3 have faired to well among the Bruin faithful.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

His 2 million buyout hit in 19-20 may actually irritate me more than then his contract does now.

Reactions: Hali33

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
So down goes Beleskey and we have two more to move when Cehlarik gets back

Personally I'd sit Carlo for a game and play mcquaid then scratch whoever struggles and put Carlo back in

If Cehlarik looks ready to go I put him back in there with Krejci, if not, conditioning stint

Finally, Bjork has hit a rookie wall and would benefit from playing in providence

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
There's no need to rush Cehlarik back however would be nice to know how he is progressing...When he comes back it will be interesting to see the ripple. My guess AHL for some conditioning first.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
So down goes Beleskey and we have two more to move when Cehlarik gets back

Personally I'd sit Carlo for a game and play mcquaid then scratch whoever struggles and put Carlo back in

If Cehlarik looks ready to go I put him back in there with Krejci, if not, conditioning stint

Finally, Bjork has hit a rookie wall and would benefit from playing in providence
Bjork almost got nailed again last night,cutting across ,kid really needs to keep his head up.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
BUFFALO — Adam McQuaid traveled with the Bruins but did not return to the lineup last night against the Buffalo Sabres. The defenseman has been sidelined since breaking his right leg Oct. 19 in the sixth game of the season and is just about ready to play.
“He’s not going in,” coach Bruce Cassidy said. “I assume he’d be eligible to go in (tomorrow at the Garden against the Winnipeg Jets), if necessary. We want to get the right amount of practice time to get him ready. We don’t want to force a guy in.”
The NHL’s holiday roster freeze began at 11:59 p.m. last night and ends at 12:01 a.m. on Dec. 28, but the B’s did not have to create room for McQuaid. Because he’ll be coming off the long-term injured list, the team can actually exceed the 23-player roster limit for McQuaid’s return.

Bruins notebook: Adam McQuaid almost ready to return from broken leg

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
His 2 million buyout hit in 19-20 may actually irritate me more than then his contract does now.
But why do you think that is?

The buyout still creates a cap savings. I'd 100% rather be affording less money to a player not contributing to this team, than dropping full (or near full) dollars, even if it is over a longer period of time.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Bjork almost got nailed again last night,cutting across ,kid really needs to keep his head up.

I actually think Bjork has played better as time has gone since his injury and he benefits from playing in Boston, but if it comes to pass, where you risk losing a guy for nothing or sending a rookie down, you send Bjork down because he'll continue to grow in providence as well or better than Boston

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Because I'll have to see his dead cap hit for another two years after that original albatross ends.
That sucks, I'll give ya. But why is it worse?

I'm not trying to poke you, Lou. It's just something I see all the time.

It's not the buyout that hurts you. It's signing these players who can't/don't contribute. The buyout at least saves SOME money. Full price for a player not on the roster doesn't strike one as being the preferred option.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
That sucks, I'll give ya. But why
That sucks, I'll give ya. But why is it worse?

I'm not trying to poke you, Lou. It's just something I see all the time.

It's not the buyout that hurts you. It's signing these players who can't/don't contribute. The buyout at least saves SOME money. Full price for a player not on the roster doesn't strike one as being the preferred option.

They don't need the cap space the next two seasons. They will three and four seasons from now.

Buy him out and then you're at 980k, 1.9k and then I think 1.1 the next two years when his deal would be completely off.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Because I'll have to see his dead cap hit for another two years after that original albatross ends.
And at a time when a lot of these young impressive players will be up for raises (some significant, see McAvoy, Charlie). Bad signings like this could have an unfortunate impact there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad