Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
The 2015 2nd round Jeremy's can't stay healthy.

I thought Jeremy Lauzon was injury prone as he has missed a lot of games in the Q and now the AHL and is still out for about the past month.

But San Jose's pick (they traded 2 2nds and a 6th to move up 8 spots), Jeremy Roy, was out the first 10 or 11 months of this year after reconstructive surgery on a knee is back out again after someone rolled onto that same knee.

Jeremy Bracco has only played 17 of 30 AHL games but I don't know if that is injury or healthy scratches.

I still have high hopes for Lauzon but he's going nowhere if he can't stay healthy to develop.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
The 2015 2nd round Jeremy's can't stay healthy.

I thought Jeremy Lauzon was injury prone as he has missed a lot of games in the Q and now the AHL and is still out for about the past month.

But San Jose's pick (they traded 2 2nds and a 6th to move up 8 spots), Jeremy Roy, was out the first 10 or 11 months of this year after reconstructive surgery on a knee is back out again after someone rolled onto that same knee.

Jeremy Bracco has only played 17 of 30 AHL games but I don't know if that is injury or healthy scratches.

I still have high hopes for Lauzon but he's going nowhere if he can't stay healthy to develop.
I've wondered about the term "injury prone". Is it because a guy plays with such reckless abandon that he's destined to frequent the IR list?

How about a guy who plays a conservative game but is checked into the boards and incurs a serious shoulder injury, then, later in the season when he is healed, he goes knee to knee and is out for the remainder of the season. Next training camp he breaks a finger blocking a shot. Three unrelated injuries that could happen to anyone. Is he brittle? Does that crown him with the title "injury prone"?

Just wondering because I read the term all the time and not sure how it applies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I've wondered about the term "injury prone". Is it because a guy plays with such reckless abandon that he's destined to frequent the IR list?

How about a guy who plays a conservative game but is checked into the boards and incurs a serious shoulder injury, then, later in the season when he is healed, he goes knee to knee and is out for the remainder of the season. Next training camp he breaks a finger blocking a shot. Three unrelated injuries that could happen to anyone. Is he brittle? Does that crown him with the title "injury prone"?

Just wondering because I read the term all the time and not sure how it applies.

I've always felt that it is someone who get injured frequently for any reason. A very scientific analysis :laugh: Seriously, though, some players/people just seem to have the worst luck with getting hurt. My daughter had a teammate that was constantly injured- freak things, too. I suppose there are some cases where some minor 'flaw' in biomechanics can produce strains and stressors that manifest finally in injury, but that doesn't account for those folks that seem to catch a flying elbow in a pileup and get concussed or step at just the right angle into a dip in the grass or whatever. Cehlarik right now seems like Lauzon, can't catch a break with the injuries- I guess you call it injury proneness?

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Peter Cehlarik (leg) will travel with the Bruins when they begin their road trip on Thursday.
Cehlarik will stay on the sidelines Wednesday night though. He's missed a month so far due to the leg injury.

David Krejci (upper body) won't play in Wednesday's contest.
It will be Krejci's fourth straight game on the sidelines. He will be joining the Bruins on their upcoming three-game road trip though.

Adam McQuaid has recovered from his leg injury.
Despite that, the Bruins don't plan on using McQuaid in Wednesday's game. He last played on Oct. 19.

Source:

Source: [URL='https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/946058576820424705']Bruins.nhl.com on Twitter

[/URL]

Last edited:
Reactions: TCB

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Where does it hurt? David Krejci won’t say - The Boston Globe

A mystery ailment has left David Krejci hurt enough to miss five straight games, including Wednesday’s post-break resumption against Ottawa. The Bruins center said it is not related to the injury that shelved him for 11 games in October and November.

In turn, Krejci insisted his previous boo-boo was not with his back, even though coach Bruce Cassidy said it was the area in which his center absorbed a cross-check against Vancouver Oct. 19.

“Different injury,” said Krejci, who is on injured reserve. “It’s not my back. I haven’t hurt my back all season.

The center’s suit-and-tie status could be subject to change. He was due to visit doctors Wednesday afternoon, and he will travel to Washington and Ottawa for the upcoming two-game road trip.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

A mystery ailment has left David Krejci hurt enough to miss five straight games, including Wednesday’s post-break resumption against Ottawa. The Bruins center said it is not related to the injury that shelved him for 11 games in October and November.

In turn, Krejci insisted his previous boo-boo was not with his back, even though coach Bruce Cassidy said it was the area in which his center absorbed a cross-check against Vancouver Oct. 19.

“Different injury,” said Krejci, who is on injured reserve. “It’s not my back. I haven’t hurt my back all season.

The center’s suit-and-tie status could be subject to change. He was due to visit doctors Wednesday afternoon, and he will travel to Washington and Ottawa for the upcoming two-game road trip.

weird, all along I thought it was his back

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

My money is on cracked ribs and/or torn cartilage

Reactions: old blue

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

People still convinced he's not injury prone?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Danton Heinen giving Bruins shot in arm - The Boston Globe
Spooner ailing

Spooner exited the lineup midway through the third period and never returned the bench. He has spent two stretches out of the lineup this season, hindered by a groin injury. Cassidy said he would not have an update until prior to Sunday’s game. If he were to need the night off, Frank Vatrano would be the likely choice to take his spot at right wing with the Jake DeBrusk-David Krejci line .

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Danton Heinen giving Bruins shot in arm - The Boston Globe
Spooner ailing

Spooner exited the lineup midway through the third period and never returned the bench. He has spent two stretches out of the lineup this season, hindered by a groin injury. Cassidy said he would not have an update until prior to Sunday’s game. If he were to need the night off, Frank Vatrano would be the likely choice to take his spot at right wing with the Jake DeBrusk-David Krejci line .
Poor Ryan. He has been playing so well I hope it is nothing

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Bergy evidently messed up his wrist Friday although it didn't appear to be a problem last night :laugh:

Sickness Couldn't Stop Bruins' Bergeron From 4-Goal Outburst

On top of being sick to the point where he was not looking forward to having to play the Panthers on Thursday before the NHL called off the game, Bergeron had a collision in practice Friday and landed on his wrist. He was angry throughout the rest of the session until he scored on a one-timer during extra work and skated directly for the exit.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Is there really a downside at one point to shutting Krejci down an effort to bring him back for the playoffs? I know it probably sends the wrong message, but that or having him play 1 out of 2 games or something. I see no point in a glorious streak now and no hockey come March.

Reactions: C0ach B0mbay

C0ach B0mbay

Sep 14, 2009
Boston
Is there really a downside at one point to shutting Krejci down an effort to bring him back for the playoffs? I know it probably sends the wrong message, but that or having him play 1 out of 2 games or something. I see no point in a glorious streak now and no hockey come March.

I like this idea a lot given that our position in the division looks rock solid (even though we really don't know much about what's ailing 46). Unfortunately I don't think it'll ever happen. Is there a precedent for this anywhere in the NHL? Shutting down a player with nagging injuries to improve their playoff health? All I can think of is seeing Brady take snaps into the 4th quarter in week 17, despite many rumored injuries.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Are you privy to some information that he's hurt? I haven't read or heard anything about Krejci being injured since he's been back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad