Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Absolutely shocking that Krejci is out again.

You forgot the :sarcasm: I don't think anyone would/should be shocked. DK is in one way or the other damaged goods. He's pushed his body and now it's pushing back. IMO we can expect this for the rest of his career. Maybe he can get on the TB12 program!?!:help:

Reactions: Ladyfan

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
At some point, you have to start wondering about the training staff and the kind of work the players are putting in to avoid the injuries that can be avoided. (Obviously not colon surgery or concussions, but strains, sprains and automobiles.)

I don't know how much validity there is to it, but I remember Mike Boyle at a conference bragging about how he had BU doing X, Y and Z to reduce the chance of injury and sure enough, by the end of the year he said they had the fewest injuries in the conference.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
At some point, you have to start wondering about the training staff and the kind of work the players are putting in to avoid the injuries that can be avoided. (Obviously not colon surgery or concussions, but strains, sprains and automobiles.)

I don't know how much validity there is to it, but I remember Mike Boyle at a conference bragging about how he had BU doing X, Y and Z to reduce the chance of injury and sure enough, by the end of the year he said they had the fewest injuries in the conference.

My favorite baseball team is the Mets. Google some stuff in their injuries this year. Bruins seem to have a crazy amount this year. Could have something to do w conditioning considering the strains. They seem to have a lot of injuries caused by other players running them though.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I liked LeClair a lot too. :nod:
I always thought he would be my favorite all time player, ever.

.....And then along came Bergeron :laugh:

Anyway, I hope they are not rushing some of these guys back.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

Been thinking this for awhile now. Even concussions are somewhat preventable(not sure that's the right word) by doing neck strengthing exercises and mobility work. At some point though the groin injuries, back issues, tweaks here and there have to point back to that staff. With modern medicine and technology, you would this wouldn't be such a prevalent concern.

Dr Seldon

Mar 11, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
While I haven't read any studies or anything, my gut feeling is that yes, you can do some preventative work, but it will only reduce the risk mildly. In the end it will mostly come down to luck anyway.

Although I do wonder if it could have a commutative effect. In the sense that if you have a lot of injuries, you work the healty(ish) players harder, leading to even more injuries.

Reactions: talkinaway

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
This team just cant catch a break.

And like others posted above, you have to wonder if theres a common factor here.

Seems like they get a few guys back then a few guys go out. On constant rotation.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Than you have the players years ago,that really didn’t do much in the way of working out,they just showed up to play.I don’t remember there being guys hurt all the time like today.Granted the game has got faster ,players are bigger,but than it was also a lot more physical.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Than you have the players years ago,that really didn’t do much in the way of working out,they just showed up to play.I don’t remember there being guys hurt all the time like today.Granted the game has got faster ,players are bigger,but than it was also a lot more physical.

Players are bigger, faster, stronger, and they get drug-tested :naughty:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
While I haven't read any studies or anything, my gut feeling is that yes, you can do some preventative work, but it will only reduce the risk mildly. In the end it will mostly come down to luck anyway.

Although I do wonder if it could have a commutative effect. In the sense that if you have a lot of injuries, you work the healty(ish) players harder, leading to even more injuries.

I think the snowball effect is definitely taking place. For example, I bet Backes wouldn't be a "game time decision" tonight if we had a fully healthy team that was comfortably first or second in the division...or, on the other hand, if we'd already pissed away so many points that we weren't going to make the playoffs. He'd probably be taking it a lot more slowly, and coming back at closer to 99% than 90%...and that 9% makes a big difference.

Heck, that may have been exactly what happened with Krejci - team's in a bind, and, say what you will, with the warrior-player mentality that exists in the NHL, he's going to want to come back ASAP. So, he comes back, and retweaks himself. Which causes Backes to come back, and tweak himself, which causes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad