Player Discussion: Brock Nelson

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
First half Brock is always ready to rock
Brock is showing signs of maturity. I followed him his first two years at North Dakota, about 12 games each season on TV.
He was always a perimeter type player for his size, using his great reach and decent skating ability to position himself to find open ice for his good wrist shot. He had significant improvement in his sophomore season, but what we have seen these first few games so far is much more advanced Brock than at any other time. If he can keep playing at this level he could reach his expectations of 30 goal scoring forward.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Brock has always been a 1st half superstar, it could pay dividends if Garth wanted to shop him at his highest value at mid-season. He's still a RFA as well.

This Brockstar version + 1st could net something nice.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Nelson is not a great puck carrier or distributor, and zone entries are definitely not a strength. That is why I see him as a LW. However, if he is on a line at C with JHS or at LW with Barzal, then their strengths kind of play to his (shooting and size if he uses it a bit). As for tailing off as the season goes, would it be naive to hope that his conditioning has improved?

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I think Brock Nelson has turned around for good, even though he is usually Mr October for the Isles, he has fought back a bit and has taken some hits... I think he sees the crystal ball where he will have to be the leader on this team very soon, seize the moment. Is he the team MVP so far in 2017... hmm I think yes

burana800

Dec 5, 2010
Finland
You would think that after last year it would be obvious that producing in October and November is as important as producing in March.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I think Brock Nelson has turned around for good, even though he is usually Mr October for the Isles, he has fought back a bit and has taken some hits... I think he sees the crystal ball where he will have to be the leader on this team very soon, seize the moment. Is he the team MVP so far in 2017... hmm I think yes
We have seen this before from Brock. Im thinking new contract is a motivating factor so you just might be right with Brock having a career year.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
if brock scores 35 goals this year will fans still be frustrated with him?

If scores 18 for the season and play hards and cares like this I will not be frustrated with him.... but if he scores 25 and shows no interest, I will start calling him Jane.

I think though he has had a firecracker lit up his .....

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
If scores 18 for the season and play hards and cares like this I will not be frustrated with him.... but if he scores 25 and shows no interest, I will start calling him Jane.

I think though he has had a firecracker lit up his .....
opposing players are running him , maybe that's what it will take for him to play vexed all the time ...lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad