Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
With 66 in the lineup -

I wonder how they line up - I assume 66 will lineup with Dal Colle.

Anyone know the word on Gionta? And Stevens?

How does -
MDC - Easnor - 66
Gaudreau - Fritz - Bernier
Bourque - St. Denis - Bailey
Johnston - Jones - Holmstrom

I believe Easnor played C at Seattle

Last edited:

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Fornabaio just tweeted -
Dal Colle - Quine - Hi sang skating together

I am pumped for a big weekend from this line

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Another one of those weird weeks on the schedule for the Sound Tigers. After last playing on Saturday the team has 6 days off. They then play Friday in Providence, Saturday at home against Springfield, and Sunday back in Providence.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Another one of those weird weeks on the schedule for the Sound Tigers. After last playing on Saturday the team has 6 days off. They then play Friday in Providence, Saturday at home against Springfield, and Sunday back in Providence.

That's pretty par for the course for the ahl. You'll get a lot more of those weeks then an NHL style week

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
The AHL schedule focuses on weekend games for the most part with only a few Wednesday games to get the meager attendance it gets. That is why it may not be a good fit at Nassau Coliseum which I doubt sits empty most weekends.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
How has Quine looked? We desperately need to break up the 3rd line, and considering Weight is regularly deploying the 4th line more often than the 3rd, I'd think he would agree.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Man Ho Sang made a ridiculous play behind the net to set up Aho for the first goal. Set up the second goal as well on a break away. This kid has to be called up soon.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I don't know. I don't see a future for him to be honest. Never impressed me even with the gaudy junior numbers.

He was my favorite player in the draft! I think I was just in love with the possibility of having a big skilled sniper to play with Tavares. He's a high character kid and still young but it doesn't look good. He's hasn't taken that next step in the AHL.
Maybe another team looks at him as a once top5 pick and was high on him in the draft that we can include him in a trade?

I'm still holding out hope but very little. If he could kill penalties and played an aggressive physical game I could see him having a chance but that's not his game.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Saturday looked to be one of his stronger games - 4 SOG, and assist, and I believe he was on the PK.

give it more time- may not be the player we thought we were getting, but I still think there is time -

I do think he takes the next step at the AHL this season -

Reactions: SI90

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Saturday looked to be one of his stronger games - 4 SOG, and assist, and I believe he was on the PK.

give it more time- may not be the player we thought we were getting, but I still think there is time -

I do think he takes the next step at the AHL this season -
In a preseason article, Pronman wrote he is still developing, has top 9 potential.
That last part was disappointing. I expected MDC to develop into a 1st liner.Sucks when you realize we passed on Ehlers and William Nylander.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Ho-Sang seems to be handling himself well down there with 5 points in 5 games. Hopefully he's back up soon

Reactions: SI90

SI

Feb 16, 2013
In a preseason article, Pronman wrote he is still developing, has top 9 potential.
That last part was disappointing. I expected MDC to develop into a 1st liner.Sucks when you realize we passed on Ehlers and William Nylander.

I started to get a bad feeling the summer after the draft - I believe a month after the draft there was top 50 prospect breakdown in hockey news or TSN and Ehlers and Nylander were rated way ahead of Dal Colle - later that fall Dal Colle was cut from Canada juniors

I still have faith he can develop - again maybe not a top line player but someone who is top 6/9.

I do believe he will produce in the AHL this season.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Glad I didn’t waste a trip up to Bridgeport to see Ho-Sang play this morning. I was afraid we’d do the right thing call him up while I was driving.:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad