Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Updated with news of Ben Holmstrom and Casey Bailey signed on PTOs- (hoping that if they don't make the team - they sign on with Sound Tigers)

This is assuming that Tito and Barzal make the team.

Dal Colle - Gionta - Fritz
C.Bailey - Stevens - Bernier
St. Denis - B.Holmstrom- J. Holmstrom
Johnston - C. Jones - k. Jones
Kubiak

Eansor, Gaudreau, Lane and Schempp at ECHL providing F depth

I like seeing the brothers on the third and fourth lines. They've been soldiers for BPT for a couple years now and guys like Eansor and Gaudreau should earn their spots if they are going to be on the team.

I like the top six wings, I don't like the centers though. Hopefully one of Barzal/Beauvillier is ticketed for Bridgeport when Quine is healthy (assuming they both make the team). Barzal/Beauvillier and Gionta is a much better one-two punch than Gionta/Stevens.

I've also seen Bailey listed as a center a few places, but from what I remember when he was a highly sought after college UFA he play both wings and not much center anymore.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I like seeing the brothers on the third and fourth lines. They've been soldiers for BPT for a couple years now and guys like Eansor and Gaudreau should earn their spots if they are going to be on the team.

I like the top six wings, I don't like the centers though. Hopefully one of Barzal/Beauvillier is ticketed for Bridgeport when Quine is healthy (assuming they both make the team). Barzal/Beauvillier and Gionta is a much better one-two punch than Gionta/Stevens.

I've also seen Bailey listed as a center a few places, but from what I remember when he was a highly sought after college UFA he play both wings and not much center anymore.

I agree they are really thin at C and I was hoping and still hoping they sign Laganiere.

You can never have too much C depth - guys can always get push to the W.

I think Eansor and Gaudreau should start out in ECHL and eventually get a call up.

I can also see Gionta starting out as the 13th F and see 72 or 13 start Bport. Hell, all 3 can make it - if another injury or if chimera's hammy is still lingering

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Gionta and Bernier clear.

What is Bridgeport's opening lineup expecting to look like?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Gionta and Bernier clear.

What is Bridgeport's opening lineup expecting to look like?

Glad to have that depth. With Kulemin/Chimera, Quine, Prince, Gionta, Bernier, and Dal Colle, this team is in pretty good shape with the forward depth.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Glad to have that depth. With Kulemin/Chimera, Quine, Prince, Gionta, Bernier, and Dal Colle, this team is in pretty good shape with the forward depth.

Yeah, at this rate no depth pickup will be required up front or on defense at the deadline.

Plenty of ammo to go after a real difference maker though.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Yeah, at this rate no depth pickup will be required up front or on defense at the deadline.

Plenty of ammo to go after a real difference maker though.
Yuuuppp. Great spot to be in. Reminds me of Capitals last year with Shattenkirk

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79

Claimless/Turcotte signs: Tuesday notes

By Michael Fornabaio on October 3, 2017 at 1:57 PM0

Quebec Hebdo reported, and Yanick Turcotte confirmed, an AHL deal for the tryout winger, who’s opened some eyes as he’s worked his way from rookie camp to main camp to here. Couple of assists and a couple of fights in AHL exhibitions.

Reactions: Bronson

SI

Feb 16, 2013
New line Combos for opening night

Dal Colle Fritz Bailey
Bourque Gionta Bernier
St. Denis Stevens B. Holmstrom
Johnston Jones Turcotte J.Holmstrom (press box)

Toews - Burroughs
Wotherspoon - Aho
Hegleson - Vande Sompel
LaFranchise - Cullity (press box)

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Today Bridgeport is back on the ice, they had the day off yesterday. So this afternoon Mike Fornabaio should have the current lines and pairings.

You gotta figure Gaudreau will play to start the season as him and St. Denis were the top two preseason players offensively. Lafranchise will likely be in there too, he's a steady veteran of this group, despite no NHL experience.

New line Combos for opening night

Dal Colle Fritz Bailey
Bourque Gionta Bernier
St. Denis Stevens B. Holmstrom
Johnston Jones Turcotte J.Holmstrom (press box)

Toews - Burroughs
Wotherspoon - Aho
Hegleson - Vande Sompel
LaFranchise - Cullity (press box)

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Today Bridgeport is back on the ice, they had the day off yesterday. So this afternoon Mike Fornabaio should have the current lines and pairings.

You gotta figure Gaudreau will play to start the season as him and St. Denis were the top two preseason players offensively. Lafranchise will likely be in there too, he's a steady veteran of this group, despite no NHL experience.

I figured Easnor and Gaudreau would start in ECHL, but if both figure to make the team, then Josh Holmstrom and someone else gets sent down.

You have to figure McAdam and Schempp are def. going to ECHL.

If Lafranchise plays, who sits from the D - Vande Sompel?

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
http://blog.ctnews.com/fornabaio/2017/10/05/looking-like-a-team-thursday-notes/

Here are the current lines for the forward corps. Turcotte was assigned to Worcester.

Nice to see Dal Colle surrounded by two very NHL experienced vets!

As for the D I think Wotherspoon, Vande Sompel and Cullity will rotate the last few defense spots. Can see one of the 3 going to Worcester to play all the time. That's whats so nice about having an affiliate within 2 hours is you can send guys down or bring someone up on short notice.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Love seeing Dal Colle with both Gionta and Bernier. Knew he had to play with one - why not both.

I'd personally have no problem seeing one of Vande Sompel (likelier) or Wotherspoon down in the ECHL piling up the minutes. They're at a stage where "playing" pro hockey is key.

If either of Gaudreau or Easnor is ready to be a regular (contributor) in the AHL now, then yes. More power to them. No reason for the bubble AHLers to be given those spots. That said, the same applies to them as Vande Sompel and Wotherspoon. Just want to see them getting ice time.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
This team is very deep on the wings, I'm glad to see Gaudreau earned a look at a top six spot, and Bourque is a very adequate AHL third liner. Bernier/Bailey/Fritz as your 2/3LW is grear, bot

They almost remind me of the AHL version of the Montreal Canadiens, as I think Gudlevskis could completely dominate the AHL (I thought he looked great in preseason).

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Bridgeport dropped their debut 2-1 in Binghamton. Eansor had the goal for Bridgeport. MVS and LaFranchise assisted. Gibson played goal and one of Binghamton's goals was scored on a penalty shot.

Also. Casey Bailey had 6 shots on goal.

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
For those of you who want to check out how Ho-Sang deals with his demotion, the Sound Tigers are home Saturday night against Wilkes Barre-Scranton

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
I think it's time that we really think about signing Eansor to an ELC. Kid impressed at rookie camp, and is on fire. He is a high energy player and could potentially be a future 4th liner in the NHL or a good tweener.

Reactions: dood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad