Johnston-C.Jones-B.Holmstrom (C)

D: Helgeson (A)-Vande Sompel
Toews-Burroughs
Lafranchise-Aho

G: Gudlevskis
Gibson

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Looks like they are trying to even out the talent instead of making the team top-heavy

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
How does Aho's defensive game look from people who've seen him play this year? It's awful tempting to want to bench Chimera, Seidenburg/Hickey and bring up JHS and Aho and just push the pace as much as possible and see who can hang with us.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
BST was up 2-0 after one.

Need to reel it back in.

LV had a shot rebound off skates to TJ Brennan early in the period, soft goal over Gudlevskis glove for the 2nd and a goal over his glove on a delayed penalty for the 3rd. First 5 minites of the period played in Bridgeport’s end

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm curious to see if Garth makes any of the D prospects expendable this year.

I can see Toews eventually replacing de Haan and Aho replacing Hickey, leaving Vande Sompel and Wotherspoon still in the pro level cupboard.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
How does Aho's defensive game look from people who've seen him play this year? It's awful tempting to want to bench Chimera, Seidenburg/Hickey and bring up JHS and Aho and just push the pace as much as possible and see who can hang with us.
Ho-Sang should be up. He clearly skates better than everyone else on the ice in most AHL games

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
LV had a shot rebound off skates to TJ Brennan early in the period, soft goal over Gudlevskis glove for the 2nd and a goal over his glove on a delayed penalty for the 3rd. First 5 minites of the period played in Bridgeport’s end

Gotcha, do you subscribe to AHL live or are you at the game?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
As far as Aho goes he’s not ready for the NHL. Ot would be like throwing him into the deep end of the pool.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
As far as Aho goes he’s not ready for the NHL. Ot would be like throwing him into the deep end of the pool.

What are your thoughts on Toews? Boxscore says he had 9 shots, which is a crazy amount and I know people are high on him.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
What are your thoughts on Toews? Boxscore says he had 9 shots, which is a crazy amount and I know people are high on him.
Most of those shots probably came in the first period, which was a total domination by BST, and again in the 3rd period on a late power play trailing by 2 goals.

Toews seems to be the defenseman most ready to take the next step to the NHL. Seems positionally sound and doesn't jump up on the play a bunch.

Today Aho showed his offensive touch again but lacks in the back end of his game. Vande Sompel didn't have a good game, seems to not skate well at this level. Wortherspoon was scratched. I don't know if he was hurt or a healthy scratch, I wasn't able to find out.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011

What does he need to clean up to be ready? He has more pro experience in a better league than most people on BPT, so he cant be all that far off. Would like to see him at least get 5-10 games in....curiosity is killing me haha

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
What does he need to clean up to be ready? He has more pro experience in a better league than most people on BPT, so he cant be all that far off. Would like to see him at least get 5-10 games in....curiosity is killing me haha
Today guys were blowing past him going back. I don't know how many he was on the ice for today but he was back there for at least 2.

But man does he have a one-timer:heart:

stokie

Apr 30, 2015
Today guys were blowing past him going back. I don't know how many he was on the ice for today but he was back there for at least 2.

But man does he have a one-timer:heart:
He seemed to forget in the third that he's playing D or that his job is to cover from the red line back. Regarding Ho-Sang, at times he makes great plays and at times he just won't pass the puck until he turns it over. Hasn't changed since junior. Right now Toews especially and then Burroughs and Aho seemed to be given the lion's share of ice to develop. Vande Sompel's skating looks good. He seems to be getting better defensively. Burroughs seems to be the most physical. Toews seems to do alot of things well just not flashy.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Do I need to purchase an AHL streaming package or is there another place I can watch pre-recorded games free?

Regarding Ho-Sang...I don't think he's a hog..I think he doesn't feel comfortable letting go of the puck if there isn't a play to be made. If he can overcome that by doing something different..I can see him become elite.

He needs to create passing lanes/scoring chances ..not look for them.

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
He seemed to forget in the third that he's playing D or that his job is to cover from the red line back. Regarding Ho-Sang, at times he makes great plays and at times he just won't pass the puck until he turns it over. Hasn't changed since junior. Right now Toews especially and then Burroughs and Aho seemed to be given the lion's share of ice to develop. Vande Sompel's skating looks good. He seems to be getting better defensively. Burroughs seems to be the most physical. Toews seems to do alot of things well just not flashy.
I've seen Ho-Sang play for the Sound Tigers 3 times since he was sent down from the Islanders. If what you say he's doing by keeping the puck until he turns it over is occurring, it may only be happening once a game. On a 3rd period Wednesday vs Lehigh Valley power play he did carry the puck into the zone and worked himself in deep because he had no passing option. If it is only happening occasionally, which I think it is, versus contributing to the offense and not being a detriment to team defense, then I'd say he's doing his job.

Reactions: SI90

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Dal Colle playing on the 4th line tonight with Schemmp and Josh holmstrom - oof

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Dal Colle playing on the 4th line tonight with Schemmp and Josh holmstrom - oof

Mikey's definitely on the edge of "bust territory." I've been willing to give him some time, and from what I heard, he had a decent end to last season, but this start is a bit concerning.

I always thought Dal Colle could have a similar game to Ladd, but the difference is, Ladd is a pretty good skater and tough, while MDC is none of those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad