Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I wonder if you can give a coach a two-way contract.

ie. If Cappy is doing bad, we send him down and bring up Thompson. This team is so stubborn in moving the coach, we might as well have a system of coaches, like players to call up and waive.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

ie. If Cappy is doing bad, we send him down and bring up Thompson. This team is so stubborn in moving the coach, we might as well have a system of coaches, like players to call up and waive.

I'm not Cappy fan, but this is an odd post to make right now.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Capuano wouldn't clear waivers. :sarcasm:

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Yeah...it was a thought I had with all the talk that Thompson would be a possible choice to coach the big club...sorry..didn't mean to take this off topic.

Other than that...has Ho-Sang improved his skating yet?

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Yeah...it was a thought I had with all the talk that Thompson would be a possible choice to coach the big club...sorry..didn't mean to take this off topic.

Other than that...has Ho-Sang improved his skating yet?

Such a weird thing to read... "has Ho-Sang improved his skating yet?" I still have no idea what garbage philosophy this organization has with skating. Ho-Sang's skating is one of his strengths. He's an elite skater! Why is it a problem?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Such a weird thing to read... "has Ho-Sang improved his skating yet?" I still have no idea what garbage philosophy this organization has with skating. Ho-Sang's skating is one of his strengths. He's an elite skater! Why is it a problem?

It's not how he skates, but rather where he skates.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
There is nothing wrong with his skating. Nothing, it is apparently more the utilization of his skills and how he seems to have habits that were formed in juniors that have carried over.

More if a floating and and not playing more of a true north/south game.

Either way, I think this is more of a mental thing. More of keeping the reins on the kid and making sure to keep him reeled in.

MickVukota Moscow

Dec 13, 2013
Moscow
Syracuse Crunch 3 at Bridgeport Sound Tigers 3 - Status: In Progress (1:42 remaining in 2nd)
Saturday, December 17, 2016 - Webster Bank Arena

2nd
09:24 SYR Jake Dotchin, Fighting, 5 min
09:24 SYR Jake Dotchin, Game misconduct - Persisting a fight, 10 min
09:24 SYR Kristers Gudlevskis, Leaving the crease, 2 min
09:24 SYR Kristers Gudlevskis, Game misconduct, 10 min
09:24 SYR Daniel Walcott, Fighting, 5 min
09:24 SYR Daniel Walcott, Game misconduct - Persisting a fight, 10 min
09:24 SYR Luke Witkowski, Slashing, 2 min
09:24 SYR Luke Witkowski, Fighting, 5 min
09:24 SYR Luke Witkowski, Misconduct - Continuing altercation, 10 min
09:24 BRI Patrick Cullity, Fighting, 5 min
09:24 BRI Patrick Cullity, Game misconduct - Persisting a fight, 10 min
09:24 BRI Kellen Jones, Fighting, 5 min
09:24 BRI Kellen Jones, Game misconduct, 10 min
09:24 BRI Scott Mayfield, Fighting, 5 min
09:24 BRI Stephon Williams, Leaving the crease, 2 min
09:24 BRI Stephon Williams, Game misconduct, 10 min

https://twitter.com/SyracuseCrunch/status/810293105320742912

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Syracuse Crunch 3 at Bridgeport Sound Tigers 3 - Status: In Progress (1:42 remaining in 2nd)
Saturday, December 17, 2016 - Webster Bank Arena

2nd
09:24 SYR Jake Dotchin, Fighting, 5 min
09:24 SYR Jake Dotchin, Game misconduct - Persisting a fight, 10 min
09:24 SYR Kristers Gudlevskis, Leaving the crease, 2 min
09:24 SYR Kristers Gudlevskis, Game misconduct, 10 min
09:24 SYR Daniel Walcott, Fighting, 5 min
09:24 SYR Daniel Walcott, Game misconduct - Persisting a fight, 10 min
09:24 SYR Luke Witkowski, Slashing, 2 min
09:24 SYR Luke Witkowski, Fighting, 5 min
09:24 SYR Luke Witkowski, Misconduct - Continuing altercation, 10 min
09:24 BRI Patrick Cullity, Fighting, 5 min
09:24 BRI Patrick Cullity, Game misconduct - Persisting a fight, 10 min
09:24 BRI Kellen Jones, Fighting, 5 min
09:24 BRI Kellen Jones, Game misconduct, 10 min
09:24 BRI Scott Mayfield, Fighting, 5 min
09:24 BRI Stephon Williams, Leaving the crease, 2 min
09:24 BRI Stephon Williams, Game misconduct, 10 min

https://twitter.com/SyracuseCrunch/status/810293105320742912

Big let down on twitter. Thought they were going to throw some punches, but they decided to hug it out instead.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I'd love to know what's going on with Josh Ho-Sang. He was a healthy scratch again last night. 3rd time this season. This time it was because of a turnover in the previous game that lead to the game-tying goal. With last night's loss BST has now lost 4 in a row.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I'd love to know what's going on with Josh Ho-Sang. He was a healthy scratch again last night. 3rd time this season. This time it was because of a turnover in the previous game that lead to the game-tying goal. With last night's loss BST has now lost 4 in a row.

I think you answered your own question. I assume they are trying to break him of bad habits. For some players, a few simple words work to change their mindset. Others need tough love.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
I think you answered your own question. I assume they are trying to break him of bad habits. For some players, a few simple words work to change their mindset. Others need tough love.

I am curious to see what his bad habbits are.. I dont watch BP games but follow them online through blogs and post game footage. This whole thing screams of poor development by Garth and his cronies.

Another prospect gone to waste or is he a bust of a draft pick?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I am curious to see what his bad habbits are.. I dont watch BP games but follow them online through blogs and post game footage. This whole thing screams of poor development by Garth and his cronies.

Another prospect gone to waste or is he a bust of a draft pick?

It's year one of his pro career, can we pump the brakes on the bust labels?

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
It's year one of his pro career, can we pump the brakes on the bust labels?

I wasnt labeling anyone a bust.. I simply asked is he a bust or are we putting ridiculous restraints on our prospects?

I personally want to see him and MDC up here by February the latest playing nightly. We have nothing to lose anymore.. Go get your games in and play real hockey and show us you belong. Hell they might even surprise us and get a streak going like the Yankees.

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
I wasnt labeling anyone a bust.. I simply asked is he a bust or are we putting ridiculous restraints on our prospects?

I personally want to see him and MDC up here by February the latest playing nightly. We have nothing to lose anymore.. Go get your games in and play real hockey and show us you belong. Hell they might even surprise us and get a streak going like the Yankees.

Give me Girardi over cappy any day of the week.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

He is not a bust, this is how you break bad habits. Every team does this. Highly offensive players in juniors tend to be too good for the league, they float, don't play defense and try to do too much (because they can get away with it), need to play a more complete game to succeed against men

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Give me Girardi over cappy any day of the week.

No disagreement there!

I am at the point where I am tired of seeing Ladd on the ice, Seeing Bailey getting top line mins. We keep believing Prince and Quine are going to carry the team when they will forever be journeyman bottom 6 players.

Bring up MDC and HoSang.. Test them out and if they dont rise the the occasion then trade them. I am past the point of waiting 3-4 yrs for guys to sniff 4th line minutes

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
No disagreement there!

I am at the point where I am tired of seeing Ladd on the ice, Seeing Bailey getting top line mins. We keep believing Prince and Quine are going to carry the team when they will forever be journeyman bottom 6 players.

Bring up MDC and HoSang.. Test them out and if they dont rise the the occasion then trade them. I am past the point of waiting 3-4 yrs for guys to sniff 4th line minutes
Bailey is the least of our issues at the moment. I understand the guy has been a whipping post for a very long time, however, that mentality needs to be put to rest. The guy is two points shy of everyone's favorite Okposo at this point in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->