Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
I've seen Ho-Sang play for the Sound Tigers 3 times since he was sent down from the Islanders. If what you say he's doing by keeping the puck until he turns it over is occurring, it may only be happening once a game. On a 3rd period Wednesday vs Lehigh Valley power play he did carry the puck into the zone and worked himself in deep because he had no passing option. If it is only happening occasionally, which I think it is, versus contributing to the offense and not being a detriment to team defense, then I'd say he's doing his job.

The question is do you trust putting Ho Sang out there on the 3rd line against the other teams first or second line when you are tied or up by a goal or two in the third period? That is the dilemma you are facing on the road when your opponent is matching lines and why Ho Sang spent a lot of time on the bench late in the second period and third period early in the season and before his demotion. He is a second line forward playing a 3rd line role and not a good fit when you need to shutdown your opponent.

Last edited:

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Our Defensive prospects are doing sooo well..like pretty much all of them.

Have you guys seen....even Czuzman is doing well...He's got as many points as Aho!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Our Defensive prospects are doing sooo well..like pretty much all of them.

Have you guys seen....even Czuzman is doing well...He's got as many points as Aho!
Kevin Czuczman isn’t in our organization anymore. He plays for Wlkes Barre-Scranton.

Last edited:

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I know...I was just using his name as an example to show how deep wereally are with prospects..to the point where we can let them go.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I wonder if this is the weekend that Dal Colle breaks out.

He has been unlucky and has been generating more shots on net -

My bold prediction - a goal in every game of this 3 in 3 weekend

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Aho 4th in the AHL amongst dmen in points(as a rookie) and Toews 6th.
Also Tanner Fritz is 5th in league in scoring. He has parts of 3 seasons(last year being his only full season) now at the Bridge and has done nothing but produce. I wonder if he will ever get a call up? 26 years old now and never drafted so the window is closing slightly. I have only scene him play twice and both times he looked good. Never hear anyone talking about him. Not big and not small, listed at 5'11" and 192lbs. Thoughts anyone?

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
Aho 4th in the AHL amongst dmen in points(as a rookie) and Toews 6th.
Also Tanner Fritz is 5th in league in scoring. He has parts of 3 seasons(last year being his only full season) now at the Bridge and has done nothing but produce. I wonder if he will ever get a call up? 26 years old now and never drafted so the window is closing slightly. I have only scene him play twice and both times he looked good. Never hear anyone talking about him. Not big and not small, listed at 5'11" and 192lbs. Thoughts anyone?
I see him as a tweener. Not as good or explosive as Quine or Tambellini at this level and at different positions C and Lw. He is a winger and he works hard but I just don't see him as an NHL`r at tis point maybe I will change my opinion down the road.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I'd really like to see these guys come up just to take a look. You never know. If Fritz keeps this up until the second half, I'd give him a shot...maybe 3-5 games. At that point, he earned it.

Reactions: dood and PROMputt

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Ledecky: Islanders want ‘world-class facility’ in Bridgeport

"ELMONT, N.Y. — This day was about the New York Islanders, but a look around the Turf and Field Club at Belmont Park showed who else was involved Wednesday.
Amid a throng of politicians, fans and at least one Rock and Roll Hall of Famer in the small fourth-floor club at the venerable racetrack, most of the front-office staff of the Bridgeport Sound Tigers circulated, too.
The Islanders won approval to build an arena in the parking lot next to the Long Island Railroad station at the track. One of their owners has said, and said again Wednesday, that getting that done would be a precursor to continuing their commitment to the AHL in Bridgeport and making improvements to Webster Bank Arena."

Nice to have owners who want to have a world class organization and facilities.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
For what it's worth, the Soundtigers have gained 7 points in their last 3 games, having lost last night in OT.

Last night they played without Toews and (obviously) Aho in the line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad