Rumor: Brennan Tweet (since deleted)

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Because of Dorion

Actually it was because Murray let clowns like Karlsson and Spezza run the room. Dorion had to clean out the me first attitude that took hold once Paul Maclean dared to try and get these guys to have a team first attitude and was fired because of it.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Actually it was because Murray let clowns like Karlsson and Spezza run the room. Dorion had to clean out the me first attitude that took hold once Paul Maclean dared to try and get these guys to have a team first attitude and was fired because of it.

No, it was because of Dorion and a trade he made.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Yeah I don't think anyone expected the Sens to make the playoffs this year, but being last in the league in goal differential and getting blown out on a regular basis largely due to his terrible acquisitions is what makes his firing well deserved.
.500 record at home, 4-14-1 on the road
10-20-1 overall record, 0-7 against Edmonton (a team we would play twice in any given season) means our record against the rest of the division is 10-13-1 - our record against Edmonton stands out like a statistical anomaly, the rest of our record reflects that this is a slightly below average team which is a far cry in this league from basement dweller
Stutzle, Batherson, Tkachuk are having excellent years
White looks like he's back on track
Norris is gaining experience and will probably have a scoring spurt soon (although 15p in 31g is nothing to scoff at)
Paul has stepped up and solidified a place in the lineup as a middle six defensive lynchpin with some offense to offer
Zub has played really well and looks like he could be a long-term part of our D-corps

Our D is in shambles outside of Chabot and Zub but help is on the way (Sanderson, JBD)
At F, we still have some really promising prospects in the pipeline like Pinto, Formenton, L. Brown, Jaarventie and Sokolov

Goaltending has been a trash heap and, honestly, I don't know the position well enough to offer my opinion on the subject but something needs to change there.

That team is a far cry from the one you're describing. Yeah, it's not pretty at times - especially on the road - but they haven't been as bad as people are making them out to be and we can already see the glimpses of game-breaking talent from Stutzle and Batherson.

Reactions: swiftwin

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
this thread is off track by an Almonte county mile... keep it civil or it gets closed.

accident.jpg

Reactions: Relapsing

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Yeah I don't think anyone expected the Sens to make the playoffs this year, but being last in the league in goal differential and getting blown out on a regular basis largely due to his terrible acquisitions is what makes his firing well deserved.
The only acquisitions from this off season who are playing any real part of the team are Gudbranson, Zub, Dadonov, Murray, Watson and Stuetzle.

Are they really the reason we are having a tough season. Zub, Watson and Stuetzle have all been good. We need more good players and more growth from the youth.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Chabot is entering that now because of the minutes he’s playing

Neither guy is too good, they are playing 25+ minutes a night.m and skipping practice for maintenance.

Karlsson being “too good” for practice is just a made up fan scenario.

Here is what Boucher had to say
“To be honest, in his case, he doesn’t need to practice and I don’t think I’ve ever said that about anybody but that’s the truth so don’t tell him I said that. That’s just a reality. Whether he practices or not makes absolutely no difference in his game or his efficiency. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in my life so we’ll take it.”

Yes, even before Karlsson suffered the injury, he was given regular off days when the club skated.

If you think that’s fine good for you, you can bet the guys busting their ass working hard didn’t like that all too much

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
I know Brennan is a hack and all.. but I'm hoping the team is considering a change when it comes to who is in charge of our defensive play.. I think its Capuano? The number of times forwards swings around the net and can just walk into the slot because no one is there to stop them.. everyone just looks like they're super confused when there's a lot of motion going on around the net.

But the main reason I look at is Chabots performance since the new regime, it honestly looks like his decision making is getting worse/lazier in the d-zone. Maybe its a confidence/fatigue thing I don't know.. god knows my confidence would be shot playing with Erik "I handle the puck like its a grenade" Gudbranson day in and night out.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Here is what Boucher had to say
“To be honest, in his case, he doesn’t need to practice and I don’t think I’ve ever said that about anybody but that’s the truth so don’t tell him I said that. That’s just a reality. Whether he practices or not makes absolutely no difference in his game or his efficiency. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in my life so we’ll take it.”

Yes, even before Karlsson suffered the injury, he was given regular off days when the club skated.

If you think that’s fine good for you, you can bet the guys busting their ass working hard didn’t like that all too much
Sure? Not sure what that has to do with anything other than a fired coaches soundbite.

Guys take practices off all over the NHL, and they are almost always the guys that play 25+ minutes a night (wonder if that has anything to do with it?) Only here would it be categorized as “too good for practice”.

Ekblad
OEL
DD
Weber
Rielly
Chabot (Guess it doesn’t apply at this time)
Phaneuf (Toronto and Ottawa)
Etc.

The players fully understand that these guys take maintenance days off, they aren’t children.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Sure? Not sure what that has to do with anything other than a fired coaches soundbite.

Guys take practices off all over the NHL, and they are almost always the guys that play 25+ minutes a night (wonder if that has anything to do with it?) Only here would it be categorized as “too good for practice”.

Ekblad
OEL
Doughtey
Chabot
Phaneuf (same time as Karlsson, yet nothing said about that)
Etc.

Its the coach saying what you just said I made up. Not sure what that has to do with anything? Right

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Dorion shouldn't be fired because of the teams record - but because of his personal track record of trades, signings, and roster management.

Thought that was clear

But his track record of trades, signings, and roster management is pretty good. So why would he get fired?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Its the coach saying what you just said I made up. Not sure what that has to do with anything? Right
The coach said he didn’t need to practice, which he didn’t. As the dozens upon dozens of guys around the league in the exact same position don’t.

Is Chabot too good to practice or is he just using a maintenance day? Exact same scenarios, one less soundbite from a coach.

There was no “too good for practice” mentality that needed to be done away with, that’s just a lazy excuse. We have people taking practices off the exact same way since EK left.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
AJ Brown barely practiced this past season. He was playing on two busted knees and had surgery as soon as TEN was out of it. Dude made the Pro Bowl and was a top WR.

Elite athletes often don't practice because they're better off saving their bodies for game day. The lack of reps doesn't matter to them - they are freaks of nature.

This happens in every sport there is. It's not about laziness or entitlement. It's just that if AJ Brown only gets 1 hour of playtime before his knees explode for the week you want that hour to come in a game and not on Thursday morning.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
The coach said he didn’t need to practice, which he didn’t. As the dozens upon dozens of guys around the league in the exact same position don’t.

Is Chabot too good to practice or is he just using a maintenance day? Exact same scenarios, one less soundbite from a coach.

There was no “too good for practice” mentality that needed to be done away with, that’s just a lazy excuse. We have people taking practices off the exact same way since EK left.

Yep I posted proof my statement was true. Can't help you with how you want to twist things.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
AJ Brown barely practiced this past season. He was playing on two busted knees and had surgery as soon as TEN was out of it. Dude made the Pro Bowl and was a top WR.

Elite athletes often don't practice because they're better off saving their bodies for game day. The lack of reps doesn't matter to them - they are freaks of nature.

This happens in every sport there is. It's not about laziness or entitlement. It's just that if AJ Brown only gets 1 hour of playtime before his knees explode for the week you want that hour to come in a game and not on Thursday morning.
Yeah, it’s pretty absurd it needs to be explained, but not surprising.

Reactions: Mingus Dew

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
But his track record of trades, signings, and roster management is pretty good. So why would he get fired?

Because almost everyone apart from you sees it hasn't been good

As for the firing part, GM's get fired all the time for very little. So this rumor isn't surprising imo

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Yep I posted proof my statement was true. Can't help you with how you want to twist things.

What is Boucher going to say?

"We are running him into the ground because he's the whole team and his body will break down if he doesn't get extra maintenance days"

Do you really think that Erik Karlsson considered himself too good for practice?

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Because almost everyone apart from you sees it as very poor

As for the firing part, GM's get fired all the time for very little. So this rumor isn't surprising imo

Is there a rumor that the GM was close to getting fired?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Is there a rumor that the GM was close to getting fired?

the rumour is someone or a number of people were on the chopping block, but because we won, everything is fine now. So being in last place isn’t the problem, being in last place and losing to the 1st place team is the problem.

Why he deleted it who knows. It’s not that salacious - half the reporters in this town at game 10 were saying the coach needs to go because of his lineup choices. The other half were saying it should be the GM.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
What is Boucher going to say?

"We are running him into the ground because he's the whole team and his body will break down if he doesn't get extra maintenance days"

Do you really think that Erik Karlsson considered himself too good for practice?

I think Karlsson considers himself too good for the earth will never win a cup and once again he will be at the center of personal drama on his team.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
the rumour is someone or a number of people were on the chopping block, but because we won, everything is fine now. So being in last place isn’t the problem, being in last place and losing to the 1st place team is the problem.

Why he deleted it who knows. It’s not that salacious - half the reporters in this town at game 10 were saying the coach needs to go because of his lineup choices. The other half were saying it should be the GM.
“And everything is fine now” is probably not right. But there is a tipping point. We’ve seen it a million times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad