Rumor: Brennan Tweet (since deleted)

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
upload_2021-3-15_8-36-9.png

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I was actually wondering what would happened if they lost again.

Was preparing for some trades/changes

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
As I said in the GDT last night, why would a win or loss againdt the Leafs be the difference maker if there is a decision being made to fire someone?

As if beating the Leafs (barely) last night is somehow enough to justify this so far terrible season. Everyone is partially to blame, but it starts at the top (nevermind the owner) and Pierre Dorion should answer for the moves he has made to put the team in the position it is in.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
As I said in the GDT last night, why would a win or loss againdt the Leafs be the difference maker if there is a decision being made to fire someone?

As if beating the Leafs (barely) last night is somehow enough to justify this so far terrible season. Everyone is partially to blame, but it starts at the top (nevermind the owner) and Pierre Dorion should answer for the moves he has made to put the team in the position it is in.

Not sure what kind of mental gymnastic Dorion would have to perform on Melnyck to explain the Murray and Dadonov money.

Melnyck is an impulsive hot head, but the GM’s on this team do get to blame to coaches a lot for their failures, hope it wasn’t DJ on the chopping block, but the team has made so many wrong decisions it probably was, and it would of been the wrong decisions again.

you know that experiment with the monkey who randomly picks stocks from a bowl and regularly outperforms the market - I bet if Ottawa did that with Head coaches and free agents they’d be in a better position then they are now. I’m a DJ Smith fan and I think Dorion has built the right way, but there have just been so many bizarre moves and bad moves on top of bad moves, just leaving it alone and not always friggin’ with it would probably do this team some good

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
If Melnyk have the intention to fire someone. I predict it s gonna be after the game of wednesday , because the team don t play until monday

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If Melnyk have the intention to fire someone. I predict it s gonna be after the game of wednesday , because the team don t play until monday

Dorion should just hire some guys here at HFboards and give them a big title like ‘Assistant Manager of development and pro hockey”, make them show up to the CTC everyday and pay them $30 000 and when Melnyck has a need to fire someone Dorion has his sacrificial lamb and can just ring them up, Melnyck has his scalp and someone to yell at. And the hockey team manages the biggest impediment to team success; the owners anger and fragile ego

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Lots of deleted tweets by sports personalities in Ottawa this weekend. Just want to be heard, they wish they could just speak their minds like we do on HFboards
What did simmer say earlier this week? All I saw was his tweet saying that he deleted his tweet.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
I believe Leafs lose to Sens so DJ Smith could keep his job. LOL I can not imagine how can you lose to AHL defense, Denis calls the veterans. After this season Reilly will be out from NHL, Zaitsev will go back to Europe after wavers. Gudbranson will retire.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
What did simmer say earlier this week? All I saw was his tweet saying that he deleted his tweet.

he tweeted he wanted a gig on TV and he needed a better agent to get him there.

If an AHL player was watching an NHL game and tweeted he wanted to be a part of the action I don’t think anyone would interpret it weirdly. But I guess even implying Ottawa radio isn’t a prime time market is sensitive to people there, maybe it’s a line they aren’t allowed to cross?

Reactions: Smeddy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Always read Don’s NFL column... seems well informed on that league

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
I'd really like Dorion gone after the draft. That being said I don't like mid season firings especially when we are clearly out of a playoff spot. DJ should retain his job until next season and a new GM has had the ability to evaluate him properly at his job. No one should be getting fired half way through a losing season because we lost one particular game.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

They scored early and stayed ahead the entire game they beat the leafs they didn't barely do anything. The leafs barely made it a contest.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Hmmmm he mentions multiple firings. So the coach and the GM? Who replaces them mid season?

Trent Mann for the GM and Troy Mann for the Coaching position.

Suns headline afterwards: "Manning the position"

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
What does covid have to do with our rebuild.

off the top of my head, I think it effed up:

1. Belleville completion of last season playoffs
  2. Training and teambuilding for some players (no team skates with a group that extensively changed)
  3. Our trade options... and people willing to come to the team; move their family during COVID.
  4. Our ability to assess players - not able to see skates in a year

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
off the top of my head, I think it effed up:

1. Belleville completion of last season playoffs
  2. Training and teambuilding for some players (no team skates with a group that extensively changed)
  3. Our trade options... and people willing to come to the team; move their family during COVID.
  4. Our ability to assess players - not able to see skates in a year
And the constant blow outs. Don’t think that’s Covid related. Although I guess you can say we have the “toughest division”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad