Rumor: Brennan Tweet (since deleted)

Oriole

Dec 28, 2018
Without context? There was plenty of context. If the context wasn't already obvious, it was spelled out in the posts.

I used the wrong preposition, hence the sentence read the opposite of what was intended. You caught that. Congrats. These two subjects have been popular discussions for several months now, both before the trade was executed, and after. My position never changed and was consistent throughout the entire cycle.

Dismissing the circumstances of these trades and saying they are not important is an odd idea. How else do you evaluate how well a GM or team is really doing without considering info like this? Maybe when you do this, it leaves you with thoughts that are uncomfortable and contrary to the position you taken?

Whatever I guess. And, for the record, there was no apology LOL. Those with a penchant for fantasy could probably earn a good living somewhere, Disney maybe. Your right about one thing though, its time to move on!!!
Dude. Give up. The highlighted portion is what I originally responded to. I said it was wrong and YOU told ME, condescendingly, to work on my reading comprehension. Nothing else matters. For some odd reason you keep throwing out all kinds of garbage trying to tell me what position I have taken. The only position I have taken is that we never traded Paquette and Coburn for a second. That was your position. You were wrong. I was right.

I suggest the next time you want to insult someone make sure you actually put the though that's in your head down on your computer screen correctly. Not "the opposite of what was intended".

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Dude. Give up. The highlighted portion is what I originally responded to. I said it was wrong and YOU told ME, condescendingly, to work on my reading comprehension. Nothing else matters. For some odd reason you keep throwing out all kinds of garbage trying to tell me what position I have taken. The only position I have taken is that we never traded Paquette and Coburn for a second. That was your position. You were wrong. I was right.

I suggest the next time you want to insult someone make sure you actually put the though that's in your head down on your computer screen correctly. Not "the opposite of what was intended".

If the subject of a thread is "something you don't even think about", or "don't have a position on", then why enter the thread? Something smelly there ...... dude. And, once again, it wasn't "my position" as you claim.

Last edited:

Oriole

Dec 28, 2018
If the subject of a thread is "something you don't even think about", or "don't have a position on", then why enter the thread? Something smelly there ...... dude. And, once again, it wasn't "my position" as you claim.
I read a lot of threads. I saw what you wrote and thought it was a terrible position to be making judgements from since it was blatantly wrong. Next thing you know you're insulting my intelligence and throwing up all kinds of other crap to make it look like I'm the one who has issues.

What is smelly here is how you admit that what you wrote, when read by someone with fine reading comprehension skills, is really "the opposite of what was intended" that you keep quadrupling down with trying to justify your awful position and make it look like I'm justifying all managements moves. You still keep trying to be insulting. Very odd position from the person who was the catalyst for this whole exchange by writing something so blatantly false.

I guess it's true. When you get caught in the wrong just spin, spin, spin until it becomes the other guy's problem. Sorry. You were wrong and I accept your apology.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I read a lot of threads. I saw what you wrote and thought it was a terrible position to be making judgements from since it was blatantly wrong. Next thing you know you're insulting my intelligence and throwing up all kinds of other crap to make it look like I'm the one who has issues.

What is smelly here is how you admit that what you wrote, when read by someone with fine reading comprehension skills, is really "the opposite of what was intended" that you keep quadrupling down with trying to justify your awful position and make it look like I'm justifying all managements moves. You still keep trying to be insulting. Very odd position from the person who was the catalyst for this whole exchange by writing something so blatantly false.

I guess it's true. When you get caught in the wrong just spin, spin, spin until it becomes the other guy's problem. Sorry. You were wrong and I accept your apology.
Do you have any actual thoughts on the subject of this thread? Didn't read past the first sentence or two, so not sure.

It's a discussion board where people discuss hockey and I've asked a few questions to see if you had any thoughts about the subject at hand. I haven't seen anything yet.

Yesterday you said you didn't care about this subject, and didn't have any ideas about it. Although that seemed odd given that you entered the thread (supposedly for some purpose), but just thought I'd check to see if anything has changed since yesterday, and to see if you have anything to contribute. If not, then this discussion isn't going anywhere and its time to cut it off.

Last edited:

Oriole

Dec 28, 2018
Do you have any actual thoughts on the subject of this thread? Didn't read past the first sentence or two, so not sure.

It's a discussion board where people discuss hockey and I've asked a few questions to see if you had any thoughts about the subject at hand. I haven't seen anything yet.

Yesterday you said you couldn't care about this subject, and didn't have any ideas about it. Although that seemed odd given that you entered the thread (supposedly for some purpose), but just checking to see if anything has changed since yesterday, and to see if you have anything to contribute. If not, then this discussion isn't going anywhere and its time to cut it off.
Well seeing as you keep asking me questions I will assume you're not done yet.

First off. You don't get to tell me what threads I get to read or post in. You don't get to question why I read the threads I do. You're not the thread police. What is odd is that you keep answering me but then telling me you don't read my responses. Let me guess. You wrote that but it's "the opposite of what was intended." That would make perfect sense.

I do have thoughts about this thread. You were wrong...in this thread...when you said we traded Paquette and Coburn for a second round pick. You also insulted my intelligence when it was you who made the false statement. Most people would simply say "oops. Screwed up. Sorry for being a knob. I shouldn't have answered like that. I see why you responded the way you did." Nope...not you. You try to speak on my behalf and tell me what I think about management. Sorry. I'm not going to let you do that. May want to get off that high horse. If you keep trying to tell me what my thought are I will keep setting the record straight.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Well seeing as you keep asking me questions I will assume you're not done yet.

First off. You don't get to tell me what threads I get to read or post in. You don't get to question why I read the threads I do. You're not the thread police. What is odd is that you keep answering me but then telling me you don't read my responses. Let me guess. You wrote that but it's "the opposite of what was intended." That would make perfect sense.

I do have thoughts about this thread. You were wrong...in this thread...when you said we traded Paquette and Coburn for a second round pick. You also insulted my intelligence when it was you who made the false statement. Most people would simply say "oops. Screwed up. Sorry for being a knob. I shouldn't have answered like that. I see why you responded the way you did." Nope...not you. You try to speak on my behalf and tell me what I think about management. Sorry. I'm not going to let you do that. May want to get off that high horse. If you keep trying to tell me what my thought are I will keep setting the record straight.
Please refer to #180. I didn't read much of your post, but it didn't seem like you were interested in discussing the subject of the thread, or any actual hockey subject. Cheers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad