Recalled/Assigned: Brendan Lemieux Recalled

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Lemieux had an opportunity to make a difference and he does nothing. Just skates around hard. He needs to hit, hit, hit, hit, hit. And he doesn't do it. So until we see more. NEXT
Yes, if he cannot instantly develop into an NHL calibre player in four minutes of play, a total of 4 minutes of NHL ice time, it ain't ever happening.

I felt dumb typing that

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I liked Brendan game last night a lot, he certainly was one of our better bottom 6 players last night. Dano looks to be the odd man out at this point.

Reactions: jetswin and Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I thought Brendan played a pretty much textbook first game for someone with his role and skillset. He was hard on the puck, didn't take chances or dumb penalties. I really liked what he brought and would love to see more of him.

First game - dad in the building and he was that controlled? That's pretty mature in my mind.

Reactions: jetswin

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
There’s only so much a player like Lemieux can do in his first game with limited minutes. A big plus for me was that he didn’t look like he didn’t belong. Didn’t necessarily show a whole lot but the fact that he didn’t look out of place is a good sign IMO.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Lemieux reminds me of this second round pick. I think they have a similar ceiling.
Skill testing question: who is _____?

... in his third full (Junior) season, _____was able to put that rough (second year)year behind him and rebound to have a fantastic season for the XXXXX. His numbers improved across the board, as he finished fourth in team scoring with 23 goals and 28 assists in 54 games. ____earned himself a gold medal on Team Canada’s entry at the World Junior Championship (the following) winter, where he excelled as a physical, checking-line torpedo. He had a strong playoff for XXXXX, and an even better Memorial Cup performance, as one of the leaders and top players on the team.

(The Following Year)...Fresh off captaining Team Canada at the World Junior Championships, _____ became a focus for negative attention globally when he threw a vicious elbow into the face of ZZZZZ during a... game. _____ was suspended for the remainder of the...season and made a subdued start to his pro career............

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Lemieux reminds me of this second round pick. I think they have a similar ceiling.
Skill testing question: who is _____?

... in his third full (Junior) season, _____was able to put that rough (second year)year behind him and rebound to have a fantastic season for the XXXXX. His numbers improved across the board, as he finished fourth in team scoring with 23 goals and 28 assists in 54 games. ____earned himself a gold medal on Team Canada’s entry at the World Junior Championship (the following) winter, where he excelled as a physical, checking-line torpedo. He had a strong playoff for XXXXX, and an even better Memorial Cup performance, as one of the leaders and top players on the team.

(The Following Year)...Fresh off captaining Team Canada at the World Junior Championships, _____ became a focus for negative attention globally when he threw a vicious elbow into the face of ZZZZZ during a... game. _____ was suspended for the remainder of the...season and made a subdued start to his pro career............

I don't see a lot of similarity between them TBH

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
He has a pretty wicked one timer as well.
If you watch the last 3 minutes you see lots of them...

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
It all depends if they continue to develop. I was never a fan of player xxxxxxx that you describe, but even so, he just stopped getting better.

Lemieux has slimmed down a bit and has found a new gear. That alone elevates his game a lot. And if he's learned to cut down on the penalties, then even more improvement.

I always look back to Scheifele. Some players just continue to develop due to higher top end skill or hard work. Usually both.

Often it's hard to tell which ones will.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
The similarities I see are:
-second round draft pick, considered to have lots of potential
-truculence
-leadership potential
-tendency to make suspendable hits
-AHL upside
I don't see a lot of similarity between them TBH

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
The similarities I see are:
-second round draft pick, considered to have lots of potential
-truculence
-leadership potential
-tendency to make suspendable hits
-AHL upside

You forgot traded prior to becoming a pro player.

I was talking about playing style and personality.

But what's the point of all this? Cromier's past makes absolutely no impact at all on how much success Lemieux does or doesn't achieve.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Lemieux should not be sent back down-"let's see what he can do" ? He looks really solid to me, and can really help the bottom 6. He brings fire and intensity to the game as well, and the Jet's need a spark plug like him. He can also score goals, and set up goals, and his junior numbers were pretty good in that department.

I have "never" been sold on Dano, and I'd rather see him sent down to the Moose. If we lose him on a waiver call-then "so be it"- I don't think we're losing much.

Reactions: jetswin

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
You forgot traded prior to becoming a pro player.

I was talking about playing style and personality.

But what's the point of all this? Cromier's past makes absolutely no impact at all on how much success Lemieux does or doesn't achieve.

One point, I suppose, is that it is damn hard and statistically unlikely for second rounders to make an impact in the NHL (especially Jet second rounders) and I think some people may be over-rating Lemieux the way they did Cormier.
The other point is that, IMO, Dano has far more NHL potential than Lemieux and I think it's unfortunate that he is languishing in the press box in favour of a player with less upside.

Last edited:
Reactions: Board Bard

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
It’s extremely poor asset management to lose Dano for nothing. He won’t be sent down.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The point, I suppose, is that it is damn hard and statistically unlikely for second rounders to make an impact in the NHL (especially Jet second rounders) and that I think people may be over-rating Lemieux the way they did Cormier.
That's all.

One point, I suppose, is that it is damn hard and statistically unlikely for second rounders to make an impact in the NHL (especially Jet second rounders) and I think some people may be over-rating Lemieux the way they did Cormier.
The other point is that, IMO, Dano has far more NHL potential than Lemieux and I think it's unfortunate that he is languishing in the press box in favour of a player with less upside.

We haven't seen enough of him but from what I have seen, he comes across as a hard nosed, gritty, in your face 4th line winger - which we don't currently have. If you need a player like that, he would fill that need and have an impact. He reminds me a that type of player that you hate to play against.
Small sample, but I like what he brings - all the above and the ability to score a few goals. I'd take him over (at least on this team) guys like dano, petan, and possibly tanev. Like to see more of him before committing

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

Lemieux skates better than Dano, seems quicker also and could be perfect for a role on the 4th line. Dano needs to play higher in The lineup. Right now he's not effective playing anywhere

Also the Jets did not draft either player

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
What about a lemieux lowry armia line?
Gotta see more of lemieux first. I don't think that line scores any goals, but Armia finds ways to get pucks their the crease and lemi is supposed to get good tips and greasy goals. I think that line ends up like MLA last year.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Gotta see more of lemieux first. I don't think that line scores any goals, but Armia finds ways to get pucks their the crease and lemi is supposed to get good tips and greasy goals. I think that line ends up like MLA last year.

Not sure we get the chance. Sounds like Lowry and Hendricks are coming off IR and probably inserted into the lineup. Means two roster moves. Kulikiv seams like he could be ready as well

Most likely

Poolman
Lemieux

to the Moose

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Not sure we get the chance. Sounds like Lowry and Hendricks are coming off IR and probably inserted into the lineup. Means two roster moves. Kulikiv seams like he could be ready as well

Most likely

Poolman
Lemieux

to the Moose

That would be sad. Two players that I think could really help this team being replaced by two that I don't think add very much.
I can see a couple of Frankenstein looking lines being put together here now.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
That would be sad. Two players that I think could really help this team being replaced by two that I don't think add very much.
I can see a couple of Frankenstein looking lines being put together here now.

It doesn't make sense to carry 8D & 13F on the active roster. Especially on the road. Poolman us just in a numbers game and so is Lemieux really.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
It doesn't make sense to carry 8D & 13F on the active roster. Especially on the road. Poolman us just in a numbers game and so is Lemieux really.

Ya I get it, but Hendricks put on waivers would make my day.
Right now we can get away with sending our young guys down but next year I'm worried we will have less ability to do that and that Maurice will be faced with making decisions about waiving some talented players and keeping guys like Hendricks, Tanev or Matthias instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad