Recalled/Assigned: Brendan Lemieux Recalled

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Was he recalled because Copper or Matthias might not have made the game?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Was he recalled because Copper or Matthias might not have made the game?

Tanev woke up with back spasms. Maurice didn't specify who it was but did say. It loosened up and he was the only player throwing hits out there.

It'll be interesting to see how long they keep him. The Moose leave on their road trip after practice today (happening now) I believe.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Id take him in the line up over Tanev or Mathias. Id take almost anyone in our system over Mathias right now. Good guy, but my lord how this guy ever scored 20 in his NHL career is beyond me.

Reactions: Crocket

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
If he takes a bad penalty, I hope PoMo benches him, the Jets simply cannot afford the penalty box tomfoolery that Lemieux has engaged in far too often in the minors

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
What a great interview he is! Some would say almost PMo'esque :sarcasm:

Hope he brings an edge without taking penalties. Would like for him to stick and push out Hendricks/Matthias.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
If he takes a bad penalty, I hope PoMo benches him, the Jets simply cannot afford the penalty box tomfoolery that Lemieux has engaged in far too often in the minors

he would be in good company with a number of our veteran stalwarts

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

He should be treated just like every other player on the team. It would be ridiculous and hypocritical to single him out that way.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
It's funny... the general reputation around here is that Lemieux is a head-case, but every time I see an interview with him he comes across as a very thoughtful, humble young man.

I don't think that necessarily equates to playing style. An Ivy Leaguer can be one of the most notorious face punchers in the league, and Dave Semenko was thoughtful and humble in interviews.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Lemieux has always been one of the top player interviews. Hope he keeps his head because that has been a challenge for him for most of his career.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Lemieux has always been one of the top player interviews. Hope he keeps his head because that has been a challenge for him for most of his career.

Give the kid a chance. It's like people are making him pay for the sins of his father. So far this year with the Moose he has two minor penalties and a fight

Reactions: YWGinYYZ and ps241

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I don't think that necessarily equates to playing style. An Ivy Leaguer can be one of the most notorious face punchers in the league, and Dave Semenko was thoughtful and humble in interviews.
What's your opinion of Lemieux? What did you think of his interview?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Give the kid a chance. It's like people are making him pay for the sins of his father. So far this year with the Moose he has two minor penalties and a fight

Oh I am hoping it works out and he has found the line in the sand. That being said I am sceptical a few games at the beginning of this season = the new kinder, gentler Brendan” Lemieux :laugh:. He is a Jet prospect though so I am hoping he has a good game! Lord knows our bottom six can’t get much worse.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
What's your opinion of Lemieux? What did you think of his interview?

I haven't heard his latest interview. I've heard some previous ones. He sounds good but I put no stock in sounding good. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Lemieux will impress with his grit and his touch in front of the net. And will still surprise people with his new found extra speed. So happy with the decision to play him. We need a few players with grit AND finish. He's a guy who can deliver that.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Give the kid a chance? Look at his history of PIM's. We're all happy he's not taking penalties, we just don't think he's proven he can keep it up considering his past. This has nothing to do with his dad, he gets rattled in games and takes stupid penalties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad