Recalled/Assigned: Brendan Lemieux Recalled

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Moose are in town and don't play until Friday. Could just be a precautionary move. Perks of having the AHL team in the same city.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Moose are in town and don't play until Friday. Could just be a precautionary move. Perks of having the AHL team in the same city.

But why do it today? They could have easily made the roster move tomorrow and he could practice with the team. Doing it today makes me think there's a good chance he could play tonight.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
But why do it today? They could have easily made the roster move tomorrow and he could practice with the team. Doing it today makes me think there's a good chance he could play tonight.
I hope so. When you consider the other choices for the 4th line.

Reactions: Crocket

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

To have the paperwork in place in case a forward falls down the stairs this afternoon, and to reward his AHL play with a small increase in salary, maybe. If they were doing it anyway, might as well do it today.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
To have the paperwork in place in case a forward falls down the stairs this afternoon, and to reward his AHL play with a small increase in salary, maybe. If they were doing it anyway, might as well to it today.

This makes the most sense to me.

Even if he doesn't play today, gets him used to being in the big boys locker room again

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
This makes the most sense to me.

Even if he doesn't play today, gets him used to being in the big boys locker room again

Most of the time a player not in the lineup doesn't dress for warm up. Will he really spend time in the locker room if he's not playing?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
To have the paperwork in place in case a forward falls down the stairs this afternoon, and to reward his AHL play with a small increase in salary, maybe. If they were doing it anyway, might as well do it today.

Someone could be a game time decision

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Perreault, Lowry and Kulikov all missing from tonight's lineup, then. FFS.

3d2NUBz.gif

People complain about Lowry's lack of scoring, but I really think we're going to miss his defensive reliability against Columbus. Add in Perrault missing and it's starting to get ugly. Kulikov has been decent, but Poolman filled-in for Buff admirably so I'm less worried about that. I'm just wondering who else might be out or if Lemieux is in for one of Petan, Dano, or Armia?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
3d2NUBz.gif

People complain about Lowry's lack of scoring, but I really think we're going to miss his defensive reliability against Columbus. Add in Perrault missing and it's starting to get ugly. Kulikov has been decent, but Poolman filled-in for Buff admirably so I'm less worried about that. I'm just wondering who else might be out or if Lemieux is in for one of Petan, Dano, or Armia?
This. Perreault and Lowry bring a surprising amount of things that their replacements really don't, which leaves me worried about how their absences will affect our middle six. Also, I think that Kulikov will also be missed more than people imagine. Then again, with a sample size of one game of Poolman and three games of Kulikov, they seemed to play quite similar kind of game: calm, simple and effective plays, and that's about it. Kulikov has a good shot on him, though, whereas I didn't get to see the same from Poolman. May be due to the insufficient sample size, but anyway.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Poolman has a very good shot - seems to hit the goalie most of the time. It's one of the things that impressed me about him in the preseason

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Poolman has a very good shot - seems to hit the goalie most of the time. It's one of the things that impressed me about him in the preseason
I need to pay more attention, I guess. :laugh:
Armia after last game performance? :huh:
Against Carolina? Armia wasn't that bad. Dano's contributions this year can be summed up in two words - jack shit. I'd rather see him being shoved into the PB, if that's the criterion they're looking at.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Calling up this prospect when the Jets are trying to reduce penalties doesn't seem like a great idea. Let's hope it's for the pressbox

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Calling up this prospect when the Jets are trying to reduce penalties doesn't seem like a great idea. Let's hope it's for the pressbox

I want him to play tonight. He is a better PK option than Dano or Petan. I don't like how Matthias looks on the PK either. And depending on who is out he could even be a net front presence on the PP.

If nothing else it would definitely send a message to the bottom 6 guys who've played like crap so far this year. Pick up your socks or you'll be replaced

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I want him to play tonight. He is a better PK option than Dano or Petan. I don't like how Matthias looks on the PK either. And depending on who is out he could even be a net front presence on the PP.

If nothing else it would definitely send a message to the bottom 6 guys who've played like crap so far this year. Pick up your socks or you'll be replaced

Yep, woe betide the underachieving 4th liner that gets Maurice out of his chair, boy.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So far, Dano has taken the worst penalty by far this season. Lemieux has bee quite disciplined in each of his preseason games with the Jets over the past couple of years.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Someone could be a game time decision
This or someone is out we don't know about. Unlikely it is a perk this late in the day. They would have made the call up in time for the morning skate if they were just doing it as a perk for Lemieux.

On the wild speculation side: Maybe they are showcasing him? Wasn't there a whole lot of NHL scouts at recent Moose games. Or maybe something is in the works for one of the other bottom 6 and they want to hold that player out of the lineup ;)

But most likely someone else has a nagging injury.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
This or someone is out we don't know about. Unlikely it is a perk this late in the day. They would have made the call up in time for the morning skate if they were just doing it as a perk for Lemieux.

On the wild speculation side: Maybe they are showcasing him? Wasn't there a whole lot of NHL scouts at recent Moose games. Or maybe something is in the works for one of the other bottom 6 and they want to hold that player out of the lineup ;)

But most likely someone else has a nagging injury.

They didn't have a morning skate. It was an optional. The Moose did practice this morning.

It seems like a late decision to me.

The Jets practice tomorrow so they could have waited until tomorrow if it was just to have him practice for "insurance"

Is there flu going around Winnipeg?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
They didn't have a morning skate. It was an optional. The Moose did practice this morning.

It seems like a late decision to me.

The Jets practice tomorrow so they could have waited until tomorrow if it was just to have him practice for "insurance"

Is there flu going around Winnipeg?
In some places, but I haven't heard anything associated with the Jets. We will all know soon I guess.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So far, Dano has taken the worst penalty by far this season. Lemieux has bee quite disciplined in each of his preseason games with the Jets over the past couple of years.

Dano took one bad penalty. And he has a reputation for drawing penalties. Lemieux is completely undisciplined with many many bad penalties at every level. A couple of pre-season games or one penalty do not change overall trends. Lemieux will need more than 5 games to change a major deficiency in his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->