Value of: Brady Tkachuk to Bruins

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
lol that’s exactly what he’s been doing.
Not sure we’ve seen someone so misinformed this week.
Just watched all of his fights.

5 times in response to a hit on a teammate: vs Mackey, vs Strome, vs dumba (2022), vs manson, gallagher,
3 times in response to tkachuk running over a goalie: vs Staal and vs tinnordi, vs muzzin
7 times in response by a hit by tkachuk: vs wood and vs dillon, vs marino, vs hayden, vs MacEwan (2nd time), vs hamonic, vs wheeler,

most of the rest were ego fights against goons like trouba, tkachuk doing something the opponent didn't like, or the opponent hitting tkachuk in a way he didn't like

of his last 12 fights 1 is to stick up for a teammate.

overall 5/34 fights. or just under once a year

Brady 600k less AAV
You’re using salary for comparison, and can’t even get that right, even though you’ve reported it wrong 5x.
Timo Meier next 4 years 41.6 (12+11.1+10.75+7.75) million not 29.

Since your struggling with facts, here’s the link
Do your homework man you won’t embarrass yourself as much as you have in this thread.
3 mill in 22-23, 8.8 mill in 23-24, 8.8 mill in 24-25, 8.8 mil in 25-26 add those up and you get 29.4 million dollars.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Now do Jersey, the team he actually plays for.

You seem to be confused.

Timo Meier was traded by the sharks to NJD for a package of 1st,2nd with conditions to upgrade,Shakir Mukhamadullin Zetterlund, Okhotiuk, and a cap dump in johnnson.

At that time he had 0.95 ppg and 0.45 gpg in the last 2 years (identical to Tkachuk). He had identically high shot volume. he had a cap hit of 3 mill for that year. To match tkachuk over 4 years you'd have needed a 10 mill aav contract.

His defensive numbers were better.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Just watched all of his fights.

5 times in response to a hit on a teammate: vs Mackey, vs Strome, vs dumba (2022), vs manson, gallagher,
3 times in response to tkachuk running over a goalie: vs Staal and vs tinnordi, vs muzzin
7 times in response by a hit by tkachuk: vs wood and vs dillon, vs marino, vs hayden, vs MacEwan (2nd time), vs hamonic, vs wheeler,

most of the rest were ego fights against goons like trouba, tkachuk doing something the opponent didn't like, or the opponent hitting tkachuk in a way he didn't like

of his last 12 fights 1 is to stick up for a teammate.

overall 5/34 fights. or just under once a year

3 mill in 22-23, 8.8 mill in 23-24, 8.8 mill in 24-25, 8.8 mil in 25-26 add those up and you get 29.4 million dollars.
Now try reading the link I provided.
Meier 22/23, AAV 6 million, salary 10 million not 3 million.
Not even close on AAV or salary.

Last edited:

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Now try reading the link I provided.
Meier 22/23, AAV 6 million, salary 10 million not 3 million.
Meier came 50% retained for a cap hit of 3 million dollars.

But again if you want to look at real money: 1.5 mill year 1,12 mill year 2, 11.1 year 3, 10.75 year 4 overall 35.35

Tkachuk:
10.5+10.5+8.5+7=36.5

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Laugh at me now but I predict in 2 season Ottawa and Boston have completely switched spots in the standings. Tkachuk has an 8 year deal. The Bruins are not a team of the future.

And, as mentioned, outside of Pasta and McAvoy they literally have nothing even close to fair value to offer up for a player of that caliber.

Reactions: RR44

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Meier came 50% retained for a cap hit of 3 million dollars.

But again if you want to look at real money: 1.5 mill year 1,12 mill year 2, 11.1 year 3, 10.75 year 4 overall 35.35

Tkachuk:
10.5+10.5+8.5+7=36.5
Lmao comparing 21 games to 82, put down the bottle dude.
Keep up the entertainment, I’m having some good laughs.

Reactions: Bileur

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Ok, I’ll try to get us back on track and actually propose what Tkachuk may be worth. Yes, he is worth more than Meier, but adding to Meier deal is not a bad idea. Meier deal was a 1st, 2nd, and some spare parts with a total value of let’s say a 2nd (for the sake of the discussion). So for Tkachuk’s value, given his physical play and contract, here is what I think he is worth.
Two first round picks or equivalent
A good prospect (Lysell kind of prospect from B’s pov)
Solid roster player (Debrusk level again from B’s pov)
What does everybody think?

Reactions: dgibb10

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Ok, I’ll try to get us back on track and actually propose what Tkachuk may be worth. Yes, he is worth more than Meier, but adding to Meier deal is not a bad idea. Meier deal was a 1st, 2nd, and some spare parts with a total value of let’s say a 2nd (for the sake of the discussion). So for Tkachuk’s value, given his physical play and contract, here is what I think he is worth.
Two first round picks or equivalent
A good prospect (Lysell kind of prospect from B’s pov)
Solid roster player (Debrusk level again from B’s pov)
What does everybody think?
He’s not getting traded, but I’ll play along.
Sens won’t be interested in futures.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Are we still pretending fights actually matter in 2024?

How many fights have their been the last two post seasons?
They matter to most GMs in the league, so that would affect value.

Those GMs may be wrong, but you are wrong if you don't think teams put major value on top 6 players who also fight/agitate/hit etc.

We've seen teams value that over and over again.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Laugh at me now but I predict in 2 season Ottawa and Boston have completely switched spots in the standings. Tkachuk has an 8 year deal. The Bruins are not a team of the future.

And, as mentioned, outside of Pasta and McAvoy they literally have nothing even close to fair value to offer up for a player of that caliber.
I read this post in 2014....

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Meier 4 year cost: 29.2 million (3 mill+8.8x3)
Tkachuk 4 year cost 32.8 mill (4x8.8)

In order to get to brady tkachuk's 4 year cost, you'd have to have gotten up to 9.9 mill AAV on a Meier extension.

There are no perfect comparables.

Meier and Tkachuk are as close as you can find. Again, identical PPG, identical GPG. Meier better defensively, tkachuk with more hits. Both high volume shooters

The point you are arguing is irrelevant. Meier was traded on an expiring contract, in a situation with a lot of leverage to use for his next contract. That had an impact on the market Grier was able to create for Meier. Those same conditions would not exist in a Tkachuk trade as he is under contract for the next 4 seasons.

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
I read this post in 2014....
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know, Bruins fans think they'll be good forever now because they didn't suck when they still had Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand, Pastrnak, McAvoy, and two separate Vezina winners after your other two-time Vezina winner retired.

I give them credit, I predicted they barely made playoffs this year and they are still humming but looking at teams cores aged 18-24 the Bruins might be bottom of the league.

I'd like to hear the arguments for why the Bruins are a team of the future beyond "we didn't suck the last time people predicted it therefore that's how things will go for the rest of time."

A+ prospects, high draft picks, U24 players with star/superstar potential. The Bruins have none of it.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
He’s not getting traded, but I’ll play along.
Sens won’t be interested in futures.
Sens may not be interested in the picks themselves, but they may be interested in the value of the picks that can be used to acquire roster players from other teams. Acquiring the picks allows them to wait for the right player to become available, so they get to pick roster pieces from the entire league instead of whatever Boston can offer.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know, Bruins fans think they'll be good forever now because they didn't suck when they still had Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand, Pastrnak, McAvoy, and two separate Vezina winners after your other two-time Vezina winner retired.

I give them credit, I predicted they barely made playoffs this year and they are still humming but looking at teams cores aged 18-24 the Bruins might be bottom of the league.

I'd like to hear the arguments for why the Bruins are a team of the future beyond "we didn't suck the last time people predicted it therefore that's how things will go for the rest of time."

A+ prospects, high draft picks, U24 players with star/superstar potential. The Bruins have none of it.
Competent management, coaching, scouting. Ottawa at least has fired their incompetement management but still unproven. They're still inheriting some poor/unlucky decisions like Norris' deal, chykrin might want out etc.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

How long have you been predicting Bostons demise now?

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Wouldnt put much stock into what the OP said. He makes claims like this all the time in the bruins board and claims to have inside info. He was claiming something very similar with hanifin recently too.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Buffalo, Ottawa, NJ do. Where are they?

Come, stay awhile and listen to the story of the Edmonton Oilers....

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: