Value of: Brady Tkachuk to Bruins

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
If I'm Staios, I'd ask for Pastrnak or McAvoy straight up. Otherwise there's no conversation to be had...pretty certain Ottawa ain't trading Tkachuk unless they get a Pastrnak in return
Pastrnak has like 40% more production than Tkachuck :laugh: come on now.

That’s while playing with Danton Heinen and Pavel Zacha.

With that being said, unless Ottawa REALLY wanted Swayman it might be tough for Boston to put together a package

Reactions: wintersej

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
If Brady Tkachuk is a physical power forward, Timo Meier is something less. If Timo Meier is a physical power forward, Brady Tkachuk is something more. Pretty simple.

Meier is far more physically comparable to Batherson (who is obviously not a power forward) than Tkachuk. Really invalidates your entire argument, which makes the fact that you keep posting it pretty funny.

Batherson: 127 hits per 82
Meier: 140 hits per 82
Tkachuk: 282 hits per 82

Meier is closer to a player who has never laid a single hit than he is to Brady Tkachuk (in terms of physical play).
Meier was much better defensively

Tkachuk is younger and is more of a pest.

Again, same PPG, same GPG. You can add minorly if you want but the prices thrown around on here are ridiculous.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Meier was much better defensively

Tkachuk is younger and is more of a pest.

Again, same PPG, same GPG. You can add minorly if you want but the prices thrown around on here are ridiculous.
One was on the block and likely set to bolt within a year, the other is... the opposite.

Reducing Tkachuk's impact to "more of a pest" is laughable. Again, if Timo Meier never threw a hit in his entire career, he would be closer to his current style than his current style is to Brady Tkachuk.

Oh, also Meier was due a 9m QO that would take him to FA and didn't extend until right before that QO was eligible to be signed. Kind of a huge factor that you are straight up distorting, no?

Also, you posted by far the worst proposal in this thread lol.

Reactions: RR44

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
One was on the block and likely set to bolt within a year, the other is... the opposite.

Reducing Tkachuk's impact to "more of a pest" is laughable. Again, if Timo Meier never threw a hit in his entire career, he would be closer to his current style than his current style is to Brady Tkachuk.

Also, you posted by far the worst proposal in this thread lol.
The age old tale of: rumours about star. NHL fanbase expects star to get the moon. They get a collection of futures much smaller than expected.

Screen Shot 2024-03-21 at 1.28.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-21 at 1.28.56 PM.png

Identical point and goal production. You can get convinced Brady is a much better asset than he actually is if you want.

The NHL salary cap will always limit players values.

A 7 mill player making 4 mill will provide just as much surplus value as an 11 million dollar player making 8 mill (Brady Tkachuk)

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Meier recieved a late 1st, 2nd with conditions to upgrade, quality prospect, waiver fodder dman, and decent young asset.

Meier was one year away from UFA eligibility with a 10m QO and arb rights and traded without an extension in place at the deadline. Tkachuk has 4 years remaining on his contract. Regardless of your evaluation of the players, the conditions around the trade are not analogous.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Anyone arguing Brady wouldn't return an absolute haul obviously isn't aware of the insane returns/money given for guys like Dubois, Wilson, Lucic, Anderson and Jeannot in recent years.

NHL teams thirst over players like him, and unlike the players named above Brady is a legit star forward - a 35/35/70 threat with 100+ PIMs and 250+ hits.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
The age old tale of: rumours about star. NHL fanbase expects star to get the moon. They get a collection of futures much smaller than expected.

View attachment 839302
View attachment 839303

Identical point and goal production. You can get convinced Brady is a much better asset than he actually is if you want.

The NHL salary cap will always limit players values.

A 7 mill player making 4 mill will provide just as much surplus value as an 11 million dollar player making 8 mill (Brady Tkachuk)
I don't expect "the moon", I expect Brady Tkachuk to not be traded. Put more strongly, Brady Tkachuk isn't available to be dealt. For that to change, an absolutely ridiculous haul would need to be offered up.

The rest of your post is irrelevant in light of that fact... although it would be pretty hilariously unconvincing even if it wasn't.

Meier was one year away from UFA eligibility with a 10m QO and arb rights and traded without an extension in place at the deadline. Tkachuk has 4 years remaining on his contract. Regardless of your evaluation of the players, the conditions around the trade are not analogous.
Most importantly... FAR more importantly than that fact... is that Meier was being traded - no matter what - for the best available offer.

Brady Tkachuk, on the other hand, has been identified publicly by the GM as an untouchable player who will not be traded and there have been literally no legitimate rumours to the contrary.

RR44

Jan 29, 2024
Pastrnak has like 40% more production than Tkachuck :laugh: come on now.

That’s while playing with Danton Heinen and Pavel Zacha.

With that being said, unless Ottawa REALLY wanted Swayman it might be tough for Boston to put together a package
You missed the point of my post...it stands to reason B Tkachuk is Ottawa's best player and their biggest asset. If they were considering a trade or if a team like Boston approached Ottawa about Tkachuk, then it is only fair Ottawa would ask for equal value. Pastrnak it's safe to say is Boston's biggest asset, I'm pretty certain Staios and Sweeney have no plans trading their best players anytime soon let alone to each other.

Crystal clear enough for you? Or will you share another meaningless stat about a 10 year veteran who plays a much different game than a 6 year NHL'er yet are equal in value to their respective teams?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
You missed the point of my post...it stands to reason B Tkachuk is Ottawa's best player and their biggest asset. If they were considering a trade or if a team like Boston approached Ottawa about Tkachuk, then it is only fair Ottawa would ask for equal value. Pastrnak it's safe to say is Boston's biggest asset, I'm pretty certain Staios and Sweeney have no plans trading their best players anytime soon let alone to each other.

Crystal clear enough for you? Or will you share another meaningless stat about a 10 year veteran who plays a much different game than a 6 year NHL'er yet are equal in value to their respective teams?
As I am sure you know, it will never be clear enough. I just want you to know that I understand your pain.

Reactions: RR44

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

TIL that the “best” players on one team are only traded for the best player on the other team. No exceptions and regardless of differing values

This makes absolutely no sense

If Edmonton wanted Clayton Keller, the best player and most valuable asset on Arizona, then it’s only fair Arizona ask for McDavid in return then, right?

The value discrepancy between Pastrnak and Tkachuck is massive, regardless of them being the “best” (Tkachuck isn’t even their most valuable asset) asset on their team.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Anyone arguing Brady wouldn't return an absolute haul obviously isn't aware of the insane returns/money given for guys like Dubois, Wilson, Lucic, Anderson and Jeannot in recent years.

NHL teams thirst over players like him, and unlike the players named above Brady is a legit star forward - a 35/35/70 threat with 100+ PIMs and 250+ hits.
If only we had a recent example of a 35/35/70 power forward winger being traded recently to look for as a comparison.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If only we had a recent example of a 35/35/70 power forward winger being traded recently to look for as a comparison.

As has been pointed out to you a billion times already, Meier isn't a good comparable for Tkachuk.

Tkachuk has more fights this year than Meier has had in his entire 9 year career.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Meier 4 year cost: 29.2 million (3 mill+8.8x3)
Tkachuk 4 year cost 32.8 mill (4x8.8)

In order to get to brady tkachuk's 4 year cost, you'd have to have gotten up to 9.9 mill AAV on a Meier extension.

There are no perfect comparables.

Meier and Tkachuk are as close as you can find. Again, identical PPG, identical GPG. Meier better defensively, tkachuk with more hits. Both high volume shooters

As has been pointed out to you a billion times already, Meier isn't a good comparable for Tkachuk.

Tkachuk has more fights this year than Meier has had in his entire 9 year career.
I'd in fact prefer my 8 million dollar asset to not be sitting in the box for 5 minutes so he can fight a player worse than him. That's not a positive trade off.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Are we still pretending fights actually matter in 2024?

How many fights have their been the last two post seasons?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Interesting, interesting. Have you considered Timo Meier as a comparable?

If not, maybe Timo Meier is worth a look.

Failing that, surely you will concede that Timo Meier fits the bill.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

It's not like Tkachuk's fights are him standing up for his teammates. Most of them are him doing something dirty, having to answer the bell, and fighting a guy worse than him to put his team in a negative trade off where he's stuck in the box for 5 minutes

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Interesting, interesting. Have you considered Timo Meier as a comparable? If not, may Timo Meier is worth a look. Failing that, surely you will concede that Timo Meier fits the bill.
2 high shot volume power forward wingers with identical PPG and GPG production. If you want to pay massively for hits and fights, go ahead.

The guy who was pendingUFA and $10 million QO, Stop being obtuse lol,
You’re living on an Island, as no-one has agreed with you yet.
Timo Meier in the 4 years following the trade: due 29.2 million
Brady tkachuk in the 4 years following a potential trade: due 32.8 million.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I'd in fact prefer my 8 million dollar asset to not be sitting in the box for 5 minutes so he can fight a player worse than him. That's not a positive trade off.
This would be a somewhat insightful comment if wingers typically played 60mins a game. But they don't so it is in fact a rather foolish one.
It's not like Tkachuk's fights are him standing up for his teammates. Most of them are him doing something dirty, having to answer the bell, and fighting a guy worse than him to put his team in a negative trade off where he's stuck in the box for 5 minutes
Haha what the f*** are you talking about man. Jesus Christ. Have a little shame.
2 high shot volume power forward wingers with identical PPG and GPG production. If you want to pay massively for hits and fights, go ahead.
Lmao. You realize that in sentence 1 you say how they are comparable based on being power forwards... and in sentence 2 you laugh off consideration of literally the only two stats that measure power forward traits?

I think you may be over-invested in this because I can't believe that you are actually this obtuse.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
lol that’s exactly what he’s been doing.
Not sure we’ve seen someone so misinformed this week.

Reactions: Bileur

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Personally somewhat I agree with you, but NHL GMs CLEARLY do not based on the insane prices that other fighting powerforwards have gotten in recent years.

We're not talking about Tkachuk's value to HF posters in this thread, we're talking about his value to the old boys club of former players that comprises NHL management groups.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Personally somewhat I agree with you, but NHL GMs CLEARLY do not based on the insane prices that other fighting powerforwards have gotten in recent years.

We're not talking about Tkachuk's value to HF posters in this thread, we're talking about his value to the old boys club of former players that comprises NHL management groups.
I somewhat agree, too, but it's a little ironic that the person you're replying to starting posting obsessively in Sens threads almost immediately after Brady called out their entire team in last years end-of-year home & home.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I somewhat agree, too, but it's a little ironic that the person you're replying to starting posting obsessively in Sens threads almost immediately after Brady called out their entire team in last years end-of-year home & home.
No I started posting when (certain) Sens fans said Detroit isn’t in the same League as the Sens.

This season has produced hilarious results

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Timo Meier in the 4 years following the trade: due 29.2 million
Brady tkachuk in the 4 years following a potential trade: due 32.8 million.
Brady 600k less AAV
You’re using salary for comparison, and can’t even get that right, even though you’ve reported it wrong 5x.
Timo Meier next 4 years 41.6 (12+11.1+10.75+7.75) million not 29.

Since your struggling with facts, here’s the link
Do your homework man you won’t embarrass yourself as much as you have in this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad