Value of: Brady Tkachuk to Bruins

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Pastrnak has like 40% more production than Tkachuck :laugh: come on now.

That’s while playing with Danton Heinen and Pavel Zacha.

With that being said, unless Ottawa REALLY wanted Swayman it might be tough for Boston to put together a package
Read Bruins posts Heinen is the second coming of Cam Neely.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Good to hear Brady a Boston sports fan - he’s kind of a dick on the ice so he’s got a lot in common with Boston fans

Last night I had bunch of Rangers fans around me - all good well behaved but you think Bruins fans could let them just watch the game ? Of course not

um you would be surprised how fast Brady would be in Boston if could

I’m a Charlestown guy like the Tkachuks are
Why did Matthew not sign his UFA years there? I guess he is not a Charlestown guy...

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Put it in a poll then.

But you know the answer.
People's perception of Meier's trade value at that time has been significantly biased by his post trade play. Evidence of this. Every single person has tried to quote meier's stats after the trade as a reason why his trade value back then was lower.

They can't get past what they see now and look back and realize that meier, in the 2 years before his trade, had identical production to what Tkachuk has in the last 2 years.

Meier signed a 8 x 8.8.
Can’t sign a 9 year.
His last year in SJ was for 10 million, you can’t say NJ paid 3 million for 21 games and count that as a full year and then amortize that over 2 contracts.
He only played a 1/4 year not a full year.

Good thing you aren’t a Statistician for a living.

Excellent another day of made up funny entertainment

Still went waiting for your poll on the 2 players.
9 playoff runs.

NJD paid 1.5 million* in real money (5 mill/4). 3 mill in salary cap.

Teams pay a ton for those 1 years on bargain money, see: Jake Guentzel trade as a comp.

So basically, they got a rental at a bargain price for the guentzel price, and then the 8 years of meier at 8.8 for a single 1st

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
People's perception of Meier's trade value at that time has been significantly biased by his post trade play. Evidence of this. Every single person has tried to quote meier's stats after the trade as a reason why his trade value back then was lower.

They can't get past what they see now and look back and realize that meier, in the 2 years before his trade, had identical production to what Tkachuk has in the last 2 years.

9 playoff runs.

NJD paid 1.5 million* in real money (5 mill/4). 3 mill in salary cap.

Teams pay a ton for those 1 years on bargain money, see: Jake Guentzel trade as a comp.

So basically, they got a rental at a bargain price for the guentzel price, and then the 8 years of meier at 8.8 for a single 1st
I think you’ve derailed this thread enough now, let’s drop the Meier talk, especially since not one poster has agreed with you.

Reactions: Pierre from Orleans

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I think you’ve derailed this thread enough now, let’s drop the Meier talk, especially since not one poster has agreed with you.
Because again, they are unable to seperate Meier's play post trade from his value at the time he was traded.

You are a shining example of this, considering you continuously referenced Meier's post trade stats to compare their trade values at the time meier was traded

That and the fact that brady tkachuk is massively overrated because he fights a guy after he makes a dirty hit a 5 times a year and his brother is an actual superstar

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Read Bruins posts Heinen is the second coming of Cam Neely.
The Boston fans are a joke

They call it Title Town, its more like EN-title-d Town

The only poster who makes any sense is Gordon Howe and people give him a hard time because he speaks the truth about Sweeney & team being soft

• Haha
Reactions: SPV and CDJ

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Everyone can beat that offer.
That's comparable to what Jack Eichel got. There's a limit to what trades go for in the salary cap era (better players get more money so their surplus value is limited and generally all in the same range)

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
That's comparable to what Jack Eichel got. There's a limit to what trades go for in the salary cap era (better players get more money so their surplus value is limited and generally all in the same range)
Who cares what Eichel got. Eichel needed neck surgery and there was questions if he was going to get back to 100% health. Tkachuk there is no question marks. Same thing as Meier. Did they have comparable stats? Yes but Meier had a gun loaded at his GM basically saying trade me or I'm signing my 10 mill and walking for free. That killed a lot of his trade value. If he had multiple years left they would of got more in value when they traded him.

Reactions: nashnaidoo

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Who cares what Eichel got. Eichel needed neck surgery and there was questions if he was going to get back to 100% health. Tkachuk there is no question marks. Same thing as Meier. Did they have comparable stats? Yes but Meier had a gun loaded at his GM basically saying trade me or I'm signing my 10 mill and walking for free. That killed a lot of his trade value. If he had multiple years left they would of got more in value when they traded him.

We can go into the comparables. Teams just never pay much more than this.

A prospect like poitras, a value guy like frederic, another quality prospect in lohrei and a 1st is abt as much as you'll ever realistically see. Maybe Lohrei or Frederic could be improved but any improvement would be small. For example no team would tack on a 2nd 1st in addition to those 3 assets.

Here's a question. Brady Tkachuk hits UFA today. How much money are you offering him on a 4 year deal? Personally I wouldn't go over 12 million.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
We can go into the comparables. Teams just never pay much more than this.

A prospect like poitras, a value guy like frederic, another quality prospect in lohrei and a 1st is abt as much as you'll ever realistically see. Maybe Lohrei or Frederic could be improved but any improvement would be small. For example no team would tack on a 2nd 1st in addition to those 3 assets.

Here's a question. Brady Tkachuk hits UFA today. How much money are you offering him on a 4 year deal? Personally I wouldn't go over 12 million.
not that Brady is getting traded, but I’ll play the game, any deal starts with Swayman as part of it, he’s not getting moved for futures.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This coming from you is hilarious. You have some of the most garbage takes on the bruins board.
Just spent a few minutes looking over your posts

You want garbage

You got banned 3 years ago and this is your first post (it wasn’t me who banned you)

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Because again, they are unable to seperate Meier's play post trade from his value at the time he was traded.

You are a shining example of this, considering you continuously referenced Meier's post trade stats to compare their trade values at the time meier was traded

That and the fact that brady tkachuk is massively overrated because he fights a guy after he makes a dirty hit a 5 times a year and his brother is an actual superstar

If you think he's overrated, then you should be smart enough to factor that in, and see that his perceived value is higher (ie: over) than what your view on him is. Your personal view on the player has no bearing on his general consensus value. Understand and accept you're an outlier and move on...

Reactions: RR44

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
The Boston fans are a joke

They call it Title Town, its more like EN-title-d Town

The only poster who makes any sense is Gordon Howe and people give him a hard time because he speaks the truth about Sweeney & team being soft

Championships:
Bruins: 2011
Celtics: 2008
Red Sox: 2004, 2007, 2013, 2018
Patriots: 2002, 2004, 2005, 2015, 2017, 2019

Maybe they are entitled to call themselves Title town for a reason...

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Thanks DKH, I’m enjoying this thread!

I’ve wanted “Tkachuk” on the back of a Bruins jersey since the late 90s, so I’m in. The Sox are going through a down cycle, what if we started there, and throw in Swayman.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Pass on offering all that for Tkachuk.

Take out Mercer and sure.

top 10 pick+2nd+Holtz.

Timo meier pre trade had IDENTICAL production to tkachuk. use that price as your baseline
lol @ that comparison. Players fake injuries in playoffs to avoid playing against Tkachuk. Miere is okay. Brady Tkachuk brings debatably the best intangibles in the game

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3