TSN: Bob McKenzie: Senators involved in trade dialogue for Karlsson with half-dozen teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
As Brendan Bell just stated, it doesn't fit the narrative. Why oh why bring Duchene here if they are going to get rid of Karlsson? Makes no sense at all. He is going to cost more than Turris

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Actually, I change my mind. If that devil Melnyk attaches Bobby to a potential Karlsson deal I will fully boycott this team. Won’t spend another dollar on the franchise.

Bob believes it's an actual option, as in, the pieces they would ask for go up or down depending on if the other team takes Bobby's contract or not. So basically, if the other team takes Bobby off our hands, they don't have to give up quite as much. It's disconcerting for sure.

Reactions: JungleBeat

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Are you in all seriousness saying that you think Melnyk is not the problem...If his organization wasn't a side show, there would be now question in Karlssson staying...and if Karlsson goes, I don't expect Dushesne will be sticking around either...another disaster, because we gave away a first rounder
No Melnyk is a bad owner no question, but he's the owner nothing we can do about that unfortunately!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
As Brendan Bell just stated, it doesn't fit the narrative. Why oh why bring Duchene here if they are going to get rid of Karlsson? Makes no sense at all. He is going to cost more than Turris

Well the team was doing ok at the time of the Duchene trade. It was supposed to be a "all in" move and it did not work out.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
You seem to find it easy to blame Karlsson though.

Reality is that if Karlsson is the one who said he wasn't re-signing in Ottawa it's because Melnyk and Dorion have shown him that he can't play for a competitive team here. He wouldn't just decide he hates the Sens out of nowhere when he's clearly comfortable in this town.
I agre with you 100%. Karlsson wants to win and its not in Ottawa that he will win. he sees whats going on with this franchise. so he wants out. now the only option left is to trade him.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Well the team was doing ok at the time of the Duchene trade. It was supposed to be a "all in" move and it did not work out.

I think you are assuming that he is a rental now? I certainly don't think that was the intention of the trade.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
I’m so torn...

Karlsson is/was my favourite player ever since I saw him in the WJC. I immediately saw he was a special player. Before this season he was IMO too 3 player in the world with Crosby and McDavid. I wanted Karlsson to retire a Senator.

But here’s the problem... his attitude this year has been horrible. You don’t comment to the media that you expect to get paid full value after playing the worst stretch of hockey in his career. His on ice effort level has been poor this year. He’s worse defensively now than during his first couple seasons. His offense is nearly gone, what made him so good was his speed and after all the injuries it looks like it’s done.

If this years play is any indication of his future play, the biggest mistake the Sens could do would be to pay him $10M+/8 yrs. He’s just not worth that anymore for that length of time especially.

I guess if the team decides to trade him, they should try and get max value at this point and mows the time to do it.

I have a feeling Karlsson asked to be traded.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Exactly, this rampant wreckless speculation is a joke on us. He backpedalled the whole time, saying things have shifted, but he knows nothing. Other than Dorion listening, he doesn't know jack ****.

He literally said that Dorion has also made calls to other teams. And considering he's more connected than a Bell switchboard you can bet your shirt on that being true. Bob doesn't make shit up.

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
Ottawa is in Total Control of any Karlsson trade. Zero weakness. Anything less than a home run and Dorion can say NO. And try again later.

There's no urgency right now.

This is not to say that Pierre wont go out and make a bad trade......but he'd have to work at it.
I really wish I had faith in this management to make a decent trade...but this is very worrisome...

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
I just contacted the SENS telling them if they trade Karlsson I am done with the team forever. I am not even kidding.

You can't rebuild through lottery picks anymore, tanking does not guarantee you generational talent anymore and Karlsson is the best player the franchise has ever had.
I recommend you contact them as well.

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND SELECT TICKETING
Contact Us

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I don't think he asked to be traded. He has no control over which team he'd be traded to.

Maybe he's suggested to them he's not guaranteed to sign a new contract with the Sens. Given how this season has gone, they can't rely on trying to win next season, and trading him before the deadline if they're not competitive. They'd be really handcuffed.

This does seem to indicate Dorion's not sure he can sign Erik this summer.

Reactions: pzeeman

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
At this point ,i cant see this happening...We are going to get screwed royal

Why? I know that Dorion making the trade is scary but :

Draisatl
Klefbom
Lucic
Picks/prospects

For

Karlsson
Ryan

This is significant if it is accurate, since the implication would be that we would deal Karlsson without Ryan being involved. Ryan being involved would limit the market for Karlsson.

Yes because only rich teams could make that deal... Karlsson and Ryan is going to cost 70 M$ just for next 4 years

As long as Dorion doesn’t lower his desired return, the risk of Karlsson gets traded is very low

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
No one said he is lying.

Just that he was very non-committal.

What do you mean? He's saying there is a LOT of talk, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he'll get traded. A month ago he wasn't even on the table at all.

Nothing he said is non-committal. He's telling it exactly like it is.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
He literally said that Dorion has also made calls to other teams. And considering he's more connected than a Bell switchboard you can bet your shirt on that being true. Bob doesn't make **** up.

He said he was listening, not openly trying to trade him, nor has there been an offer , nor does he know who did . He doesn't know nothing and honestly Bobby Mac is no different than any other media hack. TDL show is coming up and these guys all crave attention. Even that moron Marcotte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad