TSN: Bob McKenzie: Senators involved in trade dialogue for Karlsson with half-dozen teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I love Karlsson but if he is traded for a great package I will get over it. However if he is traded to save money and it's a lackluster return, 2chainz will officially retire from being a Senators fan. Sleep on that Dorion and Melynk.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I have never seen a sports business/franchise that treats its clients so badly in my entire life. Being a fan of the Senators?

**** man. The only thing to like about this francise is the players. Karlsson happens to be the best player and one of the best in the league. Don't act surprised.
You guys act like it's the end of the world. I cheer for the Senators. The hockey team of Ottawa, not for Melnyk. It's unfortunate that the goof is the owner but it's my team.

You got over the Yashin fiasco, the Alfredsson fiasco and you will get over if Karlsson is gone. You know you all will.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
You guys act like it's the end of the world. I cheer for the Senators. The hockey team of Ottawa, not for Melnyk. It's unfortunate that the goof is the owner but it's my team.

You got over the Yashin fiasco, the Alfredsson fiasco and you will get over if Karlsson is gone. You know you all will.

And we'll be better off without those who cannot get over it :laugh:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
But really though, why are you so gullible to believe every rumour? Does other side of your brain shut off when Bobby Mac speaks, or you gaze at your autographed picture of him? He is no different than all the other talking heads. They all have their job to do.

I will consider what he has to say, absorb it, think of the plausibility and motive, then make my own decision. You can go ahead and believe EVERYTHING he says. That is incredible.

Yes coladin, you are so above everything, and the fact that I and many others trust whom is the ultimate insider and basically THE go-to guy for all things trades etc. means we are gullible idiots.

And really, all I am believing is that the team is open to trading Karlsson which is what I am discussing here. This isn't "every rumor". But from your ivory tower you seem to think we are running around our homes tearing our hair off. It's really quite ridiculous.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands

This position is oft repeated.

I cheer for the team! You losers!

There is nothing they can do that will stop me from cheering for this team!

See how righteous and true a fan I am!

Yeah, cool.

You will keep forking over money and eyeballs no matter how shit it is... yay?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The team I would like to see Karlsson traded to is Columbus although I doubt they would do this deal.

To Columbus: Eric Karlsson RD
To Ottawa: 2018 1st rd pick, Seth Jones RD & Josh Anderson RW (maybe they need to add more or take on a bad contract or two).

A Chabot & Jones first pairing could be dynamic & Anderson could also be a very good 2nd line RW behind Stone. Maybe they could add Burrows or Dumont to this deal to unload a couple of bad contracts, if they could afford to do so.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Yeah, strait up... People saying they won't support the team if Karlsson is traded is bogus. It just depends on whether the team is a winning team. People will support a winning team with no Karl over a losing team with Karl

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The team I would like to see Karlsson traded to is Columbus although I doubt they would do this deal.

To Ottawa: 2018 1st rd pick, Seth Jones RD & Josh Anderson RW

A Chabot & Jones first pairing could be dynamic & Anderson could also be a very good 2nd line RW behind Stone. Maybe they could add Burrows or Dumont to this deal to unload a bad contract or two.

Dumont is gone man.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Yes coladin, you are so above everything, and the fact that I and many others trust whom is the ultimate insider and basically THE go-to guy for all things trades etc. means we are gullible idiots.

And really, all I am believing is that the team is open to trading Karlsson which is what I am discussing here. This isn't "every rumor". But from your ivory tower you seem to think we are running around our homes tearing our hair off. It's really quite ridiculous.

Awww, there we go with your ivory tower bit. Get over your self esteem issues and you may call yourself a gullible idiot, but I certainly didn't. Gullible, yes.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The purity test thing is lame but I love hockey and I love my home team.

To me, that's all it comes down to. I grew up abroad, moved away just as the Senators got back, went to Europe. I was a strange kid (now a strange man) but wherever I went and I was asked what team I cheered for, I said the Sens. Then I came back in 2002 and turns out they were great!

I'm never not going to care about the Ottawa Senators. Karlsson or not.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Yeah, cool.

You will keep forking over money and eyeballs no matter how **** it is... yay?
I don't condone the stance of being a better fan, never did never will. I'm just saying for those who say they will quit entirely on the team if Karlsson is traded is kidding themselves. They will be back when they start winning again. They always do don't they? In some form or another.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Well when people say they’re not concerned they get “you’re an idiot and in denial”

I am not concerned because I simply do not care about the players as players. A karlsson trade doesn’t bother me. And bad karlsson trade does

I didn't call anyone an idiot, did I?

Coladin is in denial because he's saying that Bob Mackenzie doesn't know shit and therefore there is nothing to see here whatsoever. Am I wrong?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Yeah, cool.

You will keep forking over money and eyeballs no matter how **** it is... yay?

Seems like there is no "in-between" here. Someone says something remotely positive and ugly guilty responses come out. So typical. You can't even handle his "no player is bigger than the team" theme?

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE

There's definitively some differences here. Yashin held out for the money and refused to go to camp until he was paid. Alfie took less in his final years supposedly with the "verbal" agreement of being compensated for it after. Karlsson is in his prime years due for top dollar and might be traded because the ownership has gone admittedly cheap.

Reactions: Cath

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Yeah, strait up... People saying they won't support the team if Karlsson is traded is bogus. It just depends on whether the team is a winning team. People will support a winning team with no Karl over a losing team with Karl

Watch out, someone may feel you are condescending and questioning their fandom

Reactions: HappyDude

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Seems like there is no "in-between" here. Someone says something remotely positive and ugly guilty responses come out. So typical. You can't even handle his "no player is bigger than the team" theme?

Sure I can, I can talk all day about all of this. My history here would indicate that. You and I have talked multiple times and I think understand each other.

I agree, people want to make this an over simplified binary thing when it isn't.

It isn't Karlsson vs "the team" in a vacuum. It's the context of how we got to this point that is really being bandied about.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
IF Karlsson gets traded and it's for a king's ransom, well, it might not be so bad. In fact, could be the best thing that ever happened to the team.

If somebody asked me the quickest way to become a contender, I will admit that this would be a very fast route IF done right.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

These scenarios are extremely different I'm not sure how you can't see that. The Alfredsson fiasco, we're talking about a 40 year old player that had already set every single record possible with this team that was also contemplating retirement. He finally decided to stay an extra season with another team but he was nowhere near the player EK is now when that happened and he was nowhere near the player he was in his own prime up to that point. In no way this equates to a 27 year old superstar in his prime leaving a team.

Yashin refused to honor his contract. That was on him because he was an asshat. Karlsson shows up every game and gives his best, he loves the city and everything about it. His wife is from Ottawa and his child will be born here. He mentionned that he will spend every summer in Ottawa. If Karlsson held out of his contract and said he wouldn't play here anymore, who cares trade him but this is again not even comparable. The guy is basically leaving because the owner is a dumbass and because the team has no general direction. This is on the Ottawa Senators.

It's kinda like if you go to a restaurant you love and the prices keep going up and you love it so much you keep going but then they reduce the quality of the food and give smaller portions. Now what? Is it still your favourite restaurant? It's not.

I love the game of hockey, the game of hockey is the players and the coaches. I could not care less about the namebrand of a team because what makes it is the players.

Reactions: Cath and Pocket Dog

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

To Ottawa: 2018 1st rd pick, Seth Jones RD & Josh Anderson RW (maybe they need to add more or take on a bad contract or two).

A Chabot & Jones first pairing could be dynamic & Anderson could also be a very good 2nd line RW behind Stone. Maybe they could add Burrows or Dumont to this deal to unload a couple of bad contracts, if they could afford to do so.

Don't be stingy with some draft picks and prospects Aragorn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad