TSN: Bob McKenzie: Senators involved in trade dialogue for Karlsson with half-dozen teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Happy about all the moves made, too bad we couldnt get rid of burrows...sickening that the org is even considering moving ek, plan should be to re sign him and collect a nice draft pick and sprinkle in much needed fast youth next year

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Tuch Theodore Suzuki Brannstrom 1st 2nd

That's 6 pieces

But I'd really like an established top line player coming back aka Draisaitl. We got the centerman for Hoffman, get the linemate for Stone

Last edited:

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
After this season (injury/surgery + EK playing the worst hockey in 7 years), his value is probably almost cut in half - especially if you look at the fact that he only has one year left on his contract.

The reason he wasn't traded was probably that none of the offers we even CLOSE to what most people expected them to be.

Who knows if the "old elite EK" will ever be back.

It's a sad time for Ottawa.

And for Karlsson.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Pierre Dorion did wear his favourite jacket yesterday.

How low is his clothing allowance if I know the 3 jackets he has?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You know.....it's past the trade deadline, and we still have Erik, Hoff and Pageau. Who thought we'd see that 48 hours ago?

Maybe....just maybe, the guys can move past this and start figuring things out for next year. Keep the core, remove the dead weight, and this team is decent.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
You know.....it's past the trade deadline, and we still have Erik, Hoff and Pageau. Who thought we'd see that 48 hours ago?

Maybe....just maybe, the guys can move past this and start figuring things out for next year. Keep the core, remove the dead weight, and this team is decent.
Agree. Although the guys we did want moved like burrows smith Ryan are still here too.
We only have one NHL top 6 C

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Agree. Although the guys we did want moved like burrows smith Ryan are still here too.
We only have one NHL top 6 C

True. I think Burrows is gone after the season. Either in a trade for future considerations, or flat out retirement/buyout. Smith wouldn't be hard to move in the summer. Bobby....that's the tough one.

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
Maybe if we have a rebound year Karlsson will change his mind and re-sign, but as of right now, I think he leaves.

Tough call here. On the one hand I’d love to see this scenario pan out as I don’t want to see Karlsson leave the team.

On the other hand, right now all signs point to him leaving after next season one way or the other. If you wait until next year and he has another season like this one stats and play wise, his value drops tremendously.

As much as I hate to say it, it may be best to make sure he’s moved this off season to potentially maximize the return.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Tough call here. On the one hand I’d love to see this scenario pan out as I don’t want to see Karlsson leave the team.

On the other hand, right now all signs point to him leaving after next season one way or the other. If you wait until next year and he has another season like this one stats and play wise, his value drops tremendously.

As much as I hate to say it, it may be best to make sure he’s moved this off season to potentially maximize the return.
I think the bridges have been burned. I would be open to trading him. Not sure if the off-season will yield a better return than that of the offers made before the TDD. I just don't see who they are going to bring in the off-season to entice him to stay. We just lost our 2nd line center so finding a suitable replacement would be difficult unless we promote from withing or trade for one.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Tuch Theodore Suzuki Brannstrom 1st 2nd

That's 6 pieces

But I'd really like an established top line player coming back aka Draisaitl. We got the centerman for Hoffman, get the linemate for Stone

Exactly the package I wanted/expected. Imagine adding those assets to the ones we already have.. our core going forward could look something like:

Stone, Duchene, Hoffman, Tuch
Theodore, Chabot, Brannstrom
White, Brown, Glass/Suzuki, Batherson, Formenton, Chlapik
Gustavsson, Hogberg
+ 1 of Dahlin, Zadina, Svechnikov, Tkachuk, Bouchard etc.
+ 1st rounder picked with Pitts and Vegas's selections

I'm sure this is why PD was "listening". He saw the potential for a quick retool.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He makes more than enough to own a closet full of tailored suits.

So... lol.

It wouldn't surprise me if Dorion is the lowest paid GM in the league. And one of the biggest reasons why he got the job.

Also you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icelevel

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
In a cap league, firsts and elite prospects are more valued than ever. Everyone wants to get younger, faster and cheaper, not just us. This is why it's going to be difficult to impossible to get fair value in a trade for EK. McPhee is no fool - shipping out all that young, controllable talent would cripple his team's future. In the end, I believe that EK will be here on July 1, simply because the trade offers at the draft will be just as underwhelming as they were yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad