Rumor: Bo Horvat All Purpose Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Krejci is very old and Boston is going to be all in for a C replacement for the future as well, which Horvat will be a perfect fit

Last few years? Last season was the first season he’s scored more than 35pts in his career, and hasn’t been better this season.

Getting Horvat for one season isn’t giving up on KK, it’s acknowledging he’s not ready yet while they’re contending

Seattle could easily trade a 1st with already so many picks and they want to make the playoffs to build the fanbase/experience. Wright is unlikely to be with the team past Christmas

Over the last 3 years Stephenson has 110 points while Horvat has 107.

1668105177130.png

They're basically the same player except Stephenson finishes better and drives play better. Both are liabilities defensively.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I can see it but not till much closer to the deadline.

For Vegas - people keep doubting Stephenson and yet he continues to just get the job done. With Eichel/Stephenson/Karlsson down the middle (and Roy too if need be), hard to imagine them as players for a big name center.

Similar with Seattle - I think they are pretty happy with Beniers/Wennberg/Gourde. Little reason for them to go all in at this point.

Stephenson is currently playing LW with Eichel and Stone. If that is going to be the plan come playoff time I could definitely see a center like ROR or Toews being of interest to center the 3rd line. If the plan was to go Eichel/Karlsson/Stephenson down the middle they'd be all in on Tarasenko or Kane to play with Eichel to allow Stephenson and Stone to stay together.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
To Colorado:
:avs
-Jonathan Toews (@ a cap hit of $2.625M)

To Chicago:
:hawks
(50% retention on Toews)
-JT Compher
-the rights to Colby Ambrosio

To 3rd party:
(50% retention on Toews)
-Colorado's 2025 3rd round pick

• Haha
Reactions: Paddys Pub

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
kadri for kerfoot+barrie was absolute fleece job

as a leafs fan I am still pissed off
Avs also got a Toronto 3rd via a lottery team.

To Colorado:

To Chicago:
(50% retention on Toews)
-JT Compher

To 3rd party:
(50% retention on Toews)
I’d probably do it.

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
Pointless post. Sakic is involved and the face of the franchise. Go away with your nit picking game.

Hey, maybe Shanahan should get more involved with what Dubois is doing?

OK, so if not ROR or Horvat, who? Toews?

I don't see the Avs not adding a 2C before the deadline.
Who is Dubois? :sarcasm:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
To Colorado:

To Chicago:
(50% retention on Toews)
-JT Compher

To 3rd party:
(50% retention on Toews)

I'd do it.

Then also trade a 2023 1st + OO to Vancouver for Horvat:

Lehkonen - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Horvat - Nichushkin
Newhook - Toews - Rodrigues
O'Connor - Helm - Cogliano

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
Girard - Johnson

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
I'd do it.

Lehkonen - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Horvat - Nichushkin
Newhook - Toews - Rodrigues
O'Connor - Helm - Cogliano

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
Girard - Johnson

Who is OO?

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
I would like to see Horvat got to Carolina, if we could get back Scott Morrow in the deal. Don't want to see Horvat in Boston, they don't seem to have the assets the Canucks need...but when do they trade for young players in an area of need...never it seems, can't even draft players in areas of need!

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
I'd do it.

Canucks don't need a rw prospect coming back, they really need to try and find a young RHD prospect like Scott Morrow, Iorio and maybe a young C prospect. They don't seem to want to draft a young RHD or C with higher picks it seems which has set them back and put them in this spot now, on top of trading way too many picks over the years...new GM and he still does it!

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
kadri for kerfoot+barrie was absolute fleece job
Ok that one was bad but Dubas didn't have to say yes. I mean the Leafs must have pro scouts, too.

Someone in that org should have known that the downgrade from Kadri to Kerfoot is worth more than one year of Tyson Barrie.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver

View attachment 606074

They're basically the same player except Stephenson finishes better and drives play better. Both are liabilities defensively.
It’s that simple eh, so if they switched teams, you think this would still be the case? lmao

Imagine thinking Stephenson would put up points with Tanner Pearson LOL

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
It’s that simple eh, so if they switched teams, you think this would still be the case? lmao

Imagine thinking Stephenson would put up points with Tanner Pearson LOL
Vegas had like two more points last season.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

View attachment 606074

Yes he has more points on the back of a strong last season.

Finished better? His career high in G is 21

P/60 is and always will be one of the worst stats alive.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
That’s why I said depending on a certain couple teams and where they are at cone deadline.

Horvat I I’ll have such a small cap hit come the deadline, especially if retained, that little to no cap space really won’t matter to anyone. All those teams have filler players they can include if need be.

Maybe they can make space, or send someone back the other way, but those filler players aren't going to be adding much value to the return, and there's probably not going to be a bidding war to drive up the actual return. 1st + decent prospect is what a rental normally returns, even if there's retention and a cap dump. Does Vegas even have a decent prospect left to offer up? Or Boston? Who can they realistically offer that is going to drive the prices up to the point where Newhook enters the conversation from the Avs? I think 1st + Bowers or 1st + Kaut would be difficult for those teams to match, let alone beat.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Vegas had like two more points last season.
And they scored all of 17 more goals :laugh:

It gets even worse for Horvat when you look at 5on5 numbers. Horvat has just 66/107 points at even strength, Stephenson 84/110.

Stephenson 2.19 P/60 while Horvat comes in at just 1.63.

Horvat also averages over a full minute more PP time per game then Stephenson. 3:25 compared to 2:15.

There's not a chance in hell Vegas takes Horvat over Stephenson, who is legitimately a very good 2C.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Maybe they can make space, or send someone back the other way, but those filler players aren't going to be adding much value to the return, and there's probably not going to be a bidding war to drive up the actual return. 1st + decent prospect is what a rental normally returns, even if there's retention and a cap dump. Does Vegas even have a decent prospect left to offer up? Or Boston? Who can they realistically offer that is going to drive the prices up to the point where Newhook enters the conversation from the Avs? I think 1st + Bowers or 1st + Kaut would be difficult for those teams to match, let alone beat.
1st + Lysell beats both those offers very easily.

If Vancouver wants actual NHL players then they could offer Carlo as well if need be, their D is very deep at this point.

There’s no point in talking about cap space, every team will have no issue adding Horvat at that point in the season.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I can see it but not till much closer to the deadline.

For Vegas - people keep doubting Stephenson and yet he continues to just get the job done. With Eichel/Stephenson/Karlsson down the middle (and Roy too if need be), hard to imagine them as players for a big name center.

Similar with Seattle - I think they are pretty happy with Beniers/Wennberg/Gourde. Little reason for them to go all in at this point.

We are pretty stacked at Center right now.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I have no problem trading ROR to the Avs if the price is right. What’s your offer? A 1st plus what?

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
Horvat on the Avs is a guy who could be in the running for a Conn Smythe. Not sure what the mechanics of a deal look like or that it makes sense for either side. But I could absolutely see this.

Reactions: HockeyWooot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad