Rumor: Bo Horvat All Purpose Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
So none of those guys will be an av. Temper expectations since all we heard last year was giroux giroux giroux… TDL.. no giroux

Ehhh...the Giroux thing definitely seemed to have legs. Didn't ultimately materialize, but presumably because the Avs didn't really need to add him. He would've been a pure "luxury" add, and they went with a cheaper option instead.

Getting a #2C though...that might be more of a "need" than a pure "luxury".

Reactions: HockeyWooot

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Letting Kadri go was dumb
Can’t disaggree

Ehhh...the Giroux thing definitely seemed to have legs. Didn't ultimately materialize, but presumably because the Avs didn't really need to add him. He would've been a pure "luxury" add, and they went with a cheaper option instead.

Getting a #2C though...that might be more of a "need" than a pure "luxury".
Towes is cooked. ROR looks it and hovrat is gonna be expensive and everything I’ve seen from the vancover fan base we don’t have what y’all want

Reactions: AmadiosAmigos

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Can’t disaggree

Towes is cooked. ROR looks it and hovrat is gonna be expensive and everything I’ve seen from the vancover fan base we don’t have what y’all want

Toews is on pace for 60+ points this year. It's early, and he's clearly not what he was...but i'm not sure you can completely stick a fork in him just yet.

ROR maybe he's cooked, but it is still early and that whole team looks off.

Horvat, i'd agree. I don't see the assets to make a deal like that, hence potentially looking at less expensive acquisition options like those other guys. But what's the alternative for Colorado? They can't roll into the playoffs "as is". They've gotta find another Center somewhere. There are only so many options even potentially available. What's the other solution?

Reactions: lionsDen

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
2022 Toews is absolutely not costing an arm and a leg. The way O'Reilly looks to start this season, you'd basically be trading hoping he bounces back because he has not looked good to start this season at all, and I'm not one who would be willing to bet on someone on the wrong side of 30 to bounce back - it just doesn't happen.
Toews been playing well. With 7 goals in 13 games. He has couple of rings. I think he will return high value to Cup contender. North of what Giroux went for. ROR I don't know what has happened to him. I am thinking he can't be this bad. A cheaper but very affective center is Monahan in Montreal. He's been playing well also.

franste Perreault

Dec 2, 2021
Premature opinion. Barron is playing AHL cause we want him to play big min's. We have to wait a bit yet to know if the trade is lobsided or not.

You might be right, you might be wrong. Crosby disagrees with you. Does that make you nervous? :sarcasm:
Barron is soft and inconsistent player. He will be a 5 or 6 at maximum due to his defensive weakness.
a 2rd round pick is a gamble if Montréal hit they will win the trade or if the guy don't play in NHL Montréal will lose that trade

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Boston will likely be as all in as you can get with it potential being Bergeron/Krejci last season and then looking like an elite team. Move Coyle to the W and they have by far the deepest forward group in the NHL to go with a top 5 defense and two goalies who have played like #1s. Horvat takes over #1C duties next season and Boston stays as contenders for quite a while.

I don’t know if they would trade Lysell, but you said they couldn’t beat Bowers or Kaut which they definitely could and could push Colorado to offer Newhook if they become desperate enough for a repeat run.

If you read my post again, you will notice that I actually said that it would be "difficult" for them to beat an offer with Bowers or Kaut, and the fact that they would need to offer someone like Lysell or Carlo for a rental Horvat seems to prove my point. If it were me, I'd much rather keep those guys and just wait until the off-season to sign Horvat as a UFA.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Stephenson has beem lights out for 2 straight years. Very good 2C.
Not sure 35 in 51 isn’t exactly “lights out”. He’s ok. Before
If you read my post again, you will notice that I actually said that it would be "difficult" for them to beat an offer with Bowers or Kaut, and the fact that they would need to offer someone like Lysell or Carlo for a rental Horvat seems to prove my point. If it were me, I'd much rather keep those guys and just wait until the off-season to sign Horvat as a UFA.
Colorado also doesn’t have the best two way forward about to retire and the window we close by a substantial moment the second he does. Boston should be absolutely all-in this season. Add in Krejci (and Bergeron to an extent) being often injured and it’s a no brainer.

They may not have to give up Lysell or Carlo. Someone like Beecher is just as good as Bowers or Kaut.

Toews been playing well. With 7 goals in 13 games. He has couple of rings. I think he will return high value to Cup contender. North of what Giroux went for. ROR I don't know what has happened to him. I am thinking he can't be this bad. A cheaper but very affective center is Monahan in Montreal. He's been playing well also.
Not a chance he gets what Giroux had because he’s played good for a couple games this season. Giroux was still for the most part a PPG player the last few years.

Toews no where close.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Colorado also doesn’t have the best two way forward about to retire and the window we close by a substantial moment the second he does. Boston should be absolutely all-in this season. Add in Krejci (and Bergeron to an extent) being often injured and it’s a no brainer.

They may not have to give up Lysell or Carlo. Someone like Beecher is just as good as Bowers or Kaut.

Not a chance he gets what Giroux had because he’s played good for a couple games this season. Giroux was still for the most part a PPG player the last few years.

Toews no where close.

He was just trying to elevate the value of Toews in order to make Monahan/Dvorak seem more viable.

• Haha
Reactions: Bender

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

Toews no where close.
His advanced stats are great. He's been solid at both ends of the ice and his team his currently the best in the NHL....he is a PPg player this year and a plus 10. ....he is easily one of the better 2 way 2C in the game today. .....he currently has more points than malkin , tavares, ( both 2C) , more than barzal, at pace with crosby and Matthews at the moment......think he beem better than OK

Reactions: HockeyWooot

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
His advanced stats are great. He's been solid at both ends of the ice and his team his currently the best in the NHL....he is a PPg player this year and a plus 10. ....he is easily one of the better 2 way 2C in the game today. .....he currently has more points than malkin , tavares, ( both 2C) , more than barzal, at pace with crosby and Matthews at the moment......think he beem better than OK
And through 15 games Kubalik is flirting with like 90pts pace.

That ain’t the argument you think it is

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's hard to imagine Newhook being moved before Girard.

Is it? We need a 2C this season but we can't move Girard until Toews has been signed to an extension...cause if he prices himself out of town we'll need Girard to still be around...and Toews can't sign an extension until the offseason.

Personally I expect us to target a less hyped option who our pro-scouts think will improve in colorado and/or fit our style well enough to surpass expectations, before looking for a "big fix" in the offseason...once there's clarity about which of Toews/Girard we can afford to keep.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Mandalorian

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

None of them have the skating to play our style so I'm skeptical that our FO is going to want to spend enough on any of them to end up with the high bid.

Reactions: Azrael89

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Thanks LeBrun.

"Watch out for a top contender, with an obvious missing piece and cap space, target one of the few players who are available to slot in the role"

🙄
It’s there too quickly sum it up for the causals.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
And through 15 games Kubalik is flirting with like 90pts pace.

That ain’t the argument you think it is
Your trying desperately to down play how well the player has been stretching all the way back to last season. He is a key part of the best team in the NHL. His stats back this up. His importance isn't limited to points....

Arguably a top 5 2C so far this season.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Your trying desperately to down play how well the player has been stretching all the way back to last season. He is a key part of the best team in the NHL. His stats back this up. His importance isn't limited to points....

Arguably a top 5 2C so far this season.
Key part is “so far”. He’s a solid #2/3C who I wouldn’t want being #2C if I’m going for a Cup.

Last time they tried that he has 0G/6A in 16 games and they got upset by the Canadiens. Mostly on the backs of poor offensive performance

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Key part is “so far”. He’s a solid #2/3C who I wouldn’t want being #2C if I’m going for a Cup.

Last time they tried that he has 0G/6A in 16 games and they got upset by the Canadiens. Mostly on the backs of poor offensive performance
His position as a top 2C isn't new . His work last year was great as well. Vegas would have no issue using a quality player like CS as a 2c come play off time.

He has outplayed other top 2 C like malkin and tavares. He has outplayed Brayden Point. He has outplayed jack Hughes....

At some point your " so fars" turn into reality....thats like saying , " so far sidney crosby is really good at hockey""...

I'll remind you Vegas is the best team in the NHL currently by a mile.

• Haha
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

They added a #1C since then and Stephenson hasn't played C much this year

Vegas' C depth is OK when fully healthy.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
His position as a top 2C isn't new . His work last year was great as well. Vegas would have no issue using a quality player like CS as a 2c come play off time.

He has outplayed other top 2 C like malkin and tavares. He has outplayed Brayden Point. He has outplayed jack Hughes....

At some point your " so fars" turn into reality....thats like saying , " so far sidney crosby is really good at hockey""...

I'll remind you Vegas is the best team in the NHL currently by a mile.
“By a mile”?

Have you seen where Nj and Boston (with key players injured) are at in the standings?

Are you trying to say he’s as good as Point, Malkin and Tavares?

Are you his dad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad