OT: Blue Bombers Thread - 2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Sounds like it's a really deep OL draft.

On the higher end, yeah, but the run is indicative of the depth of the OL group. There's a couple others left with very poor conditioning and a DL who most teams would convert but it's a steep drop from here for OL in this draft.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
On the higher end, yeah, but the run is indicative of the depth of the OL group. There's a couple others left with very poor conditioning and a DL who most teams would convert but it's a steep drop from here for OL in this draft.

Makes sense. Makes even more sense with the Bombers dropping as all the reports have them not targeting OL.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Maybe Petermann for the Bombers then?

Thought the Bombers probably wanted DB Onyeka.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Maybe Petermann for the Bombers then?

Thought the Bombers probably wanted DB Onyeka.

TSN guys were hyping Oneyka as high as 3/4. Feel like if they valued Oneyka that much they probably wouldn't have traded out from 7. Then again what do I know, I am just basing on TSN guys and mock drafts and Bauming and Hodge and Dunk over the past two weeks lol.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Mackie is a dynamo who would play a huge role on special teams and offense. Petermann is a receiver who is close to his ceiling but with upside too. Think one of the two is the pick. There are some backers that can play too, Micah Teitz.

None

Feb 22, 2012
TSN guys were hyping Oneyka as high as 3/4. Feel like if they valued Oneyka that much they probably wouldn't have traded out from 7. Then again what do I know, I am just basing on TSN guys and mock drafts and Bauming and Hodge and Dunk over the past two weeks lol.

Felt like a year where the high skill positions might fall far and I've always felt like Duane Ford overhypes some of the DBs.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
TSN graph of projected starters for the Bombers puts doubt on the whole process. Neufeld is projected to start, not Couture. Ekakatie is not projected to start. Just seems misinformed.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Oh wow! They did go with the high risk, high reward player.

Reminds me a little bit of a more physical Jade Etienne, a lot more upside because of that physicality. Always looked like Etienne was afraid of contact ala Brock Ralph.

Probably the same amount of risk given they were both picked with injury history.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Reminds me a little bit of a more physical Jade Etienne, a lot more upside because of that physicality. Always looked like Etienne was afraid of contact ala Brock Ralph.

CIS career reminded me more of Andy Fantuz with breakaway speed. Etienne only really had one year as a receiver. Simonise was one of the best CIS players for 3 years.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Just looking at his history, Simonise seems to have a more solid background than Etienne. Etienne was a one year starter, IIRC, whereas Simionise was a day 1 starter at U of C. Of course he hasn't really played the past couple of years since the school issue and then the NFL opportunity with Cincinnati. So it's hard to say.

None

Feb 22, 2012
CIS career reminded me more of Andy Fantuz with breakaway speed. Etienne only really had one year as a receiver. Simonise was one of the best CIS players for 3 years.

I can see the Fantuz comparison as well, but I think Simonise has better route running. Fantuz ran routes like Stegall, they both really needed a QB that could adapt and find them when they stray from their expected route.

I also think that Simonise will be more of a WR unlike Stegall and Fantuz who ran more in the slot.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
John Hodge says that one scout told him that his film from U of C was the best he's ever seen from a Canadian receiver. Then goes on to give the pick just a C+. So we'll see. It appears that Walters is adapting his draft strategy from previous years where he went with high character "safe" players like Goosen to now that he has the depth he is swinging for the fences a bit more.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Great pick! Love the high risk pick here. Kid can play, has had adversity no doubt going from NFL to BC jr but I like this pick quite a bit.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
John Hodge says that one scout told him that his film from U of C was the best he's ever seen from a Canadian receiver. Then goes on to give the pick just a C+. So we'll see. It appears that Walters is adapting his draft strategy from previous years where he went with high character "safe" players like Goosen to now that he has the depth he is swinging for the fences a bit more.

Funny I mention Goossen cause he just tweeted how excited he is to add Simonise cause they went to the same high school haha

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I saw Isaiah Guzylak-Messam listed as the #3 DB as a potential 2nd rounder going into draft. He might just slip to Bombers pick in the 4th.

None

Feb 22, 2012
They took a 6'9!!!! OL from Montreal.

Last guy I can remember them taking that big was Tyson Pencer, had probably the slowest feet I can remember. I think he was drafted with 2 ruined knees.

Had to check and Joe Mack was still the GM at that point, the Bombers' scouting was abysmal during that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad