OT: Blue Bombers Thread - 2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Last guy I can remember them taking that big was Tyson Pencer, had probably the slowest feet I can remember. I think he was drafted with 2 ruined knees.

Can't remember if that Kelly or Mack, but yeah what a bad pick. And the second it was made everyone knew it. 1st Rounder too I think (or was he right at the top of 2nd?). Bombers had a G they moved to C at that size a few years back as well I think. I think that guy went to EDM? Can't remember his name.

It appears to be a project player who will head back to school this year. Not the worst thing near the end of the 4th round.

That DB I mentioned though is really falling. A backup DB, competition as an immediate PR OL, or competition at FB is about the only needs I can see that are really left EDIT: BC just took him.

None

Feb 22, 2012
I think they'll definitely take a fullback that they can groom into the hybrid TE that they seem to like at some point. Special teams are basically expected of FBs now, so that's a bonus as well.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I have no idea what's going on. Matthew Ouellet De Carlo appears to be the pick, but he is listed in places as OL others as WR haha

Appears to be some miscommunication. He is an OL obviously at 6'4'', 320lbs.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Finish with another OL.

3 WR, 3 OL, 1DB. At least one of those OL is eligible to return, I imagine more of them are. The Bombers appear to want to push off roster decisions as much as possible to next year as they seem happy with their depth.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Well, let's hope Simonise can make our offence... shine. ;)

Simoniz_Wax_on_car1.jpg

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Can't remember if that Kelly or Mack, but yeah what a bad pick. And the second it was made everyone knew it. 1st Rounder too I think (or was he right at the top of 2nd?). Bombers had a G they moved to C at that size a few years back as well I think. I think that guy went to EDM? Can't remember his name.

It appears to be a project player who will head back to school this year. Not the worst thing near the end of the 4th round.

That DB I mentioned though is really falling. A backup DB, competition as an immediate PR OL, or competition at FB is about the only needs I can see that are really left EDIT: BC just took him.

Pencer was taken 3rd overall. I remember watching the draft and the TSN guys were pretty shocked. Pretty much the most positive thing they had to say about him is “He’s big and if he improves greatly he will be a force.” Basically what people say about Logan Stanley. It was just terrible for them to waste such a high pick on him.

Edit: Are you thinking of Justin Sorensen?

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
They have been lacking legit NI receiving prospects for years (like 20).

Pretty clear they are trying to fix this issue. I am on board. NI spots at most other positions have good depth and youth.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Bombers continue to rotate around their depth QB's. None of the 3 potential 3rd stringers that were on the roster a couple of months ago remain and in their place is former Lions 3rd stringer Alex Ross and recently signed Chris Streveler. It sounds more and more that Alex Ross is in pencil as the 3rd stringer this year.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Well that really sucks fur Walters lol, who's left out there to sign? I have never been a fan of Durant so can't say I'm sad.

What a box of Fruit Loops. Doesn't inform the Bombers, just announces it on social media. Good riddance Durian (not a spelling error).

So our apparent backup (and I use the term loosely) now is a guy that BC gave up on after one year. They can't go into the season with this status quo. Walters needs to acquire an experienced QB from somewhere.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
What a box of Fruit Loops. Doesn't inform the Bombers, just announces it on social media. Good riddance Durian (not a spelling error).

So our apparent backup (and I use the term loosely) now is a guy that BC gave up on after one year. They can't go into the season with this status quo. Walters needs to acquire an experienced QB from somewhere.

The only "experienced" guy I can think of that hasn't retired without a team is Dominque Davis. There's little option left for the Bombers right now.

What a shitty move by Durant. Leaving the Bombers hanging out to dry on the eve of camp.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
The only "experienced" guy I can think of that hasn't retired without a team is Dominque Davis. There's little option left for the Bombers right now.

What a ****ty move by Durant. Leaving the Bombers hanging out to dry on the eve of camp.
Relax.

It is what it is. We will see what the backup situation is after TC cuts.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Glad the Riders treated him like garbage on the way out the door.

Cya

And yet, he includes this gem:

Last but not least, to my fans in Ridernation: If you cut me open, I am sure that I would bleed green. Saskatchewan and Regina will always be home. I always strived to be a Rider legend, and I am honoured to be spoken of in the company of George, Ron, Roger & Gene!

He seriously believes he is a legend that can be mentioned in the same breath as Ron Lancaster? More like Ron Burgundy, DD. :thumbd:

None

Feb 22, 2012
What a clown, the statement the Bombers gave says they only learned about it through social media.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Drew Tate, maybe?

Good player but adding him doesn't really change the depth chart. The guy can't make it through a single start without getting injured. So whoever your 3rd is will be backup if Nichols gets an injury longer than a week.

This certainly changes things for Walters. It'll be interesting to see how they handle this, if there's been one big weakness in Walters/O'Shea, IMO, it's been in QB evaluation. They pretty much lucked onto Nichols (traded for him in an emergency for a 7th, they did not expect him to be a starter) and have bombed out on many other guys they liked (Willy, Brohm, Davis, etc).

Reactions: snowkiddin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad