Post-Game Talk: Black and Blue Friday in Sunrise. Jets win 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I'm equally excited and nervous about re-integrating Vilardi into this lineup
I get what you're saying. Lowry line has to stay together. Scheifele and Connor have been wizards and might do even better with Vilardi. Second line is just figuring it out. I'd expect Iafallo or Namestnikov to be dropped to the 4th line but time will tell. I think Vilardi makes this team better but everybody's clicking in the positions they're in.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Part of me wants to know what it was and part of me doesn’t care.
As long as we don't fall back into whatever it was like we did last season. We started out well and were in first place or playing for it and then the wheels fell off the Jet and we crashed and burned.

Helle playing like VezinaBuyck now after a slow start. I know he'd like to play every game but we need to play Brossoit enough so that rust doesn't settle in.

Our D for the most part have been playing well, supported by most of our F contigent. Schmidt is still the weakest link of the starting 6 and aside from Stanley the one we need to most move on from. Aside from that I would say next that we could seek a replacement for would be Pionk.

At F what is there to say? Iafallo plays a role on the first line that allows Bambi and KFC to do what they do. 55 has been playing like a man possessed this season-the new contract certainly helps I think that both Wheezer and Hollywood being gone has somehow reinvigorated him. Or he's got himself a new dame. Just hope it keeps up. KFC hasn't score in two games so might be a bust.:D If Vilardi returns and goes to the 1st line they will no doubt be effective but will they get pummeled in the defensive zone?

The 2nd line is starting to click as Ehlers finds his form and Perfetti has been incredible IMO. Names adds something to that line that would be missing if he was moved off in favor of Vilardi.

The 3rd line IMO simply can't be touched and may in all seriousness be our best line, night in and night out. Best 3rd line since TLC for sure. Lowry who has always been good in my opinion is playing like the C on his jersey is more than just a letter. And to add to that 55 who I thought might sulk at not getting the C seems to not be bothered by it at all.

The 4th line has been effective all season so far, doing what they are asked regardless of who has been on it. Maybe the best 4th line we've had, not one populated by AHL tweeners and waiver wire pickups.

And it seems we are fine with either Bones or Arniel be hind the bench.

Needs: A RD who is strong defensively to pair with Samberg and a 12th or 13th F with some sandpaper in his shorts who won't stand for any of the taking cheapshots at our star players bullshit.

Go Jets Go. Lets win a Cup before I spin off this mortal coil.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm equally excited and nervous about re-integrating Vilardi into this lineup
I would start him on the 4th line, until his body and mind get up to game speed. Right now, why would you want to mess with the line combos when their clicking so well together ? Right now I really like Names playing with Ehlers and Perfetti, and wouldn't mess with that line, and Ehlers is just "starting" to heat up. What I would do, when it was time, is put him back on the 1st line, and put Iafallo on the 3rd or 4th line. Nice problem to have is great depth.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
This bottom 6 is legit.....
IMG_5465.gif

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
It's a nice problem to have but this team is playing so well atm you have to wonder. To a lesser extent Kupari got injured and AJF move onto that line seamlessly.
AJF moved in, but he's not as quick as Kupari nor does he finish as well. But he was fast enough to outrace a Panther more than once into a corner and got the job done. Just one more indication of the depth of our lower six this year.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
AJF moved in, but he's not as quick as Kupari nor does he finish as well. But he was fast enough to outrace a Panther more than once into a corner and got the job done. Just one more indication of the depth of our lower six this year.
Kupari has 9 goals in 145 games. Fjallby has 8 in 76.

Reactions: Guffman

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
@sipowicz -- I hope Ehlers is "finally" out of your doghouse, with that beauty of a goal tonight. I'll say it again, that guy has great NHL burst speed, and can gain entry into the offensive zone, and has a very accurate shot. Why would anybody want to trade a guy of his calibre. Ehlers is a huge talent.
Says the guy that accused Ehlers of faking his injury and also said he lost all respect for him.
More often than I change my gitch for God's sake...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If Stanley played as well as Schmidt did this game, people would be fawning over him again.
He's no Bobby Orr but his game is improving every game recently.
Loved Sammy's game tonight.
Kudos to Rhino for dropping the gloves against Dilly...nail meet hammer.
Helle back to playing like Helle.
They way they stick up for each other this season hasn't been seen in the Jets 2.0 era.
Bring on the Preds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps Great to hear Mrs. Bones is feeling better.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I’ll say what some of you are thinking.
This team is better off without Wheeler.
I liked him but I think the room is 100x tighter
It's what a lot of people were thinking last season at around January when we were winning re the "tightness" of the room. I had multiple people tell me about how the culture was different and Bowness fixed the dressing room and I said that it's easy to say that when we're winning. I feel better this season than I did last, but I'm worried about the team going into panic mode and falling back into bad habits like they did last season when they went through a rough patch.

Last edited:

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
last season the jets had some major liabilities 5 on 5. Wheeler was brutal but hes gone now. Scheifele was terrible 2nd half of the season but hes looked great so far. Pionk was garbage last year but hes been solid this year. Connor is a bit weak in his own end but has made up for it leading league in goals. Other than schmidts poor start the jets have had no liabilities 5 on 5 and thats a huge reason for their success right now.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Just finished watching the game. I have to say that this was one of the best and most complete games I’ve ever seen them play.
Their passes were incredibly crisp all night, their transition was fantastic and they were so patient and smart with the puck.
I just can’t say enough great things about their game tonight. Just wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad